madness

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 03:57 PM

Devon and Jack,
Here is another way of getting it done.
I respect his coach who worked with what he has or his natural athletic ability.

His set up with the feet is like Hogan. I think the case studies are a much better way to debate and I like watching the "weirdo's" who can play. 

• Progolf likes this

#287 GPJ_Longdriver

GPJ_Longdriver

Long Iron Appreciation Society President.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19926 posts
  • LocationWithin reaching distance of a golf club.

Posted 05 February 2019 - 04:40 PM

Nice impact position there ……. and that's really all that matters I figure.

• Zenstb and Progolf like this

http://www.golf.org....icap/3160102708

Le Hole in 1 (#1) ..... Beaconhills 30/06/2013 6th Hole - Mizuno MP 68 7 iron / TM Lethal ball.
Le Hole in 1 (#2) ...... Beaconhills 09/08/2014 6th Hole - Mizuno MP 68 7 iron / TM Lethal ball.
Le Hole in 1 (#3) ...... Beaconhills 22/02/2015 6th Hole - Mizuno MP 68 7 iron / Titleist NXT Tour ball.

WINS
2012 Rotary Charity Day Dream Team
2013 Cardinia Beaconhills Invitational Classic
2014 Cardinia Beaconhills Invitational Classic
2014 W.A. Invitational Classic (Joondalup)

2015 Cardinia Beaconhills - Captain's Trophy Winner
2016 W.A. Invitational Classic (Albany)
2017 W.A. Invitational Classic (The Cut)
2017 Baconwide Tour 4BBB Flinders -with Chip In King

2018 Coober Pedy Opal Fields Open

2018 Alice Springs Invitational
Stink / GPJ Trophy - Lowest Score Off The Stick (OOM's) - Sandhurst, Settlers Run, Growling Frog, Gardiners Run.

President of ISeekGolf - Long Iron Appreciation Society.

Lead proponent for the abolition of Hybrids, G'brids and Rescues
"Caffeine n Darts" - Proud sponsors of GPJ Golfing 2018.

#288 Zenstb

Zenstb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2854 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 05 February 2019 - 09:26 PM

Sorry Devon,
Have to share this. Tiger woods recently, listening to the sound of compression. Music to the ears.
https://m.facebook.c...388683171356409
He is looking so free now, get that flat stick going. Maybe a Major around the corner. Green jacket ?

Edited by Zenstb, 05 February 2019 - 09:31 PM.

• Progolf likes this
Coordination is the key to movement

#289 333pg333

333pg333

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 826 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 10:15 AM

Trevino was a fantastic ball striker. He had this 1, 2, 3 movement with his feet before take away. This player has a body twist that sets his swing off.
He looks pretty solid to me.
What do you mean by too many moving parts?

Agree about how good LT was. STill one of the best strikers of all time. Great mental player too. As for moving parts, this Wolf guy doens't seem stop moving to me. It's like a waggle continuing up his shaft into his entire body. Not saying its' a bad thing. But it's certainly not a quiet swing.
  • madness likes this

#290 Jack_Golfer

Jack_Golfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2365 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 06 February 2019 - 12:00 PM

His set up with the feet is like Hogan. I think the case studies are a much better way to debate and I like watching the "weirdo's" who can play.

You have to wonder how robust those swings are, particularly when the pressure comes on? There are certainly lots of opportunity for the wheels to fall off, IMO.

#291 madness

madness

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 04:02 PM

Sorry Devon,
Have to share this. Tiger woods recently, listening to the sound of compression. Music to the ears.
https://m.facebook.c...388683171356409
He is looking so free now, get that flat stick going. Maybe a Major around the corner. Green jacket ?

His lower half is so much better and he is getting that high finish with his arms that he used to have. Given he dropped Chris Como is he secretly working with Butch again? Very impressive if he is doing it all by himself. Is the camera man just a publicist?

• Progolf likes this

#292 Zenstb

Zenstb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2854 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 06 February 2019 - 08:51 PM

His lower half is so much better and he is getting that high finish with his arms that he used to have. Given he dropped Chris Como is he secretly working with Butch again? Very impressive if he is doing it all by himself. Is the camera man just a publicist?

I'm cynical about them parting ways. Chris Como got his swing better than ever. Why would you part ways with someone who got you from rock bottom back to swinging better than ever. Doesn't make sense.
No idea who the cameraman is.

Edited by Zenstb, 06 February 2019 - 08:52 PM.

• madness and Progolf like this
Coordination is the key to movement

#293 Jack_Golfer

Jack_Golfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2365 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 04 March 2019 - 03:06 PM

Here is something that I have discovered recently that has made a dramatic improvement to my ball striking. It’s to do with my setup at address. While I have spent a lot of time improving my swing mechanics, I have not been able to get any consistency with my ball striking. My setup at address was a relaxed, mid position club, with my main focus being on the takeaway and back swing. Focus was then on balance, swing plane flat left wrist and maintaining lag pressure. You would think that if you obey all the rules of swing mechanics, all the mandatories and essentials, you should be able to have some consistency. If only!!

But then I made a small change to my setup at address. It simply started with the idea of visualizing the position of the legs, hips, upper body, arms and hands, as the club approaches impact. What muscles and body movement is required to be active at that point. What happens during that visualization, is that the brain actively connects to those muscles and you can feel that connection. Usually by a slight tightening of those muscles. You don’t have to emulate the exact impact position, just visualize it. You may have to adjust your address position and posture a little to get this right but with trial and error, you will feel the connections when you do get it right.

Now that I am having some success with this, I got to wondering why this presetting of the brain connection with the muscles, works. My thoughts are that for golfers like me, with terrible reaction time and no athletic ability, it is too late to try and get the necessary brain and muscle connection, once the swing has started. The swing is all over before proper connections are made. It’s a bit like talking on the phone, before you have dialed the number.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users