#14506 The_Boz

The_Boz

#iplayvision

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3118 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 30 August 2018 - 10:02 PM

Yes the PTV is better around the green and I can make it work better ( not ChromSoft/AVX like yet) from 100 yards in.

• Yaksta likes this

The Vision Project | UVee Staybright Ball Tec | @visiongolfball by WJB | #byWJB

#14507 dead last

dead last

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 31 August 2018 - 01:08 AM

Well the question is much more involved than you would think,,,,,,,,

One | they have had a chance to do Yellow for years they just have not believed in it for Western markets as

the marketshare for yellow has been so small until recent times,,,, 

Two | The ProV1 is currently painted the AVX Yellow is coloured with pigment ,,,,, the AVX White is a harder cover blend than the current

ProV1 and my experience is that to add some pigment to the base material with have an impact on feel so the raw material has to be adjusted

BUT this is their first version so like the first Z-star approach the Yellow may feel different from the White because they have not dialled

this into their calculations.

Three | Titleist will not actively promote it to their players in my opinion as it adds to the number of choices at an event which is a pain.

Four | Senior Tour / Asian Tour / Japanese Tour / Ladies Tour may all end up with players using it ,,,, I would and especially so if it initially

made it easier to know where my ball was and that no one was going to get confused and hit my ball by chance as there are so many

Titleist players on all the tours because no one else wants that many players except maybe Callaway one day,,,,

Five | Why have they done it now ChromeSoft comes in yellow so first they need to block those balls and it adds 2 extra ball models

to every shop that stocks Titleist if the do V + X ,,,, every new ball type they release that is an additional model adds stock to every proshops back room, which is reported as sales gains when in fact it may not end up in real growth ,,,, its does keep the sharemarket happy.

They did this last year with Pinnacle x two models that the proshops did not need and did not work then this year they added 

three new colours to Velocity and the Orange and pInk colours are so bad / poor designs / dull / dark ordinary which are not 

balls the proshops need so in fact they have 4 balls when you include the standard white going into stock that are not needed

today,,, all contracted shops had to take balls,,,,, all these balls do end getting sold and as such they block other better / brighter

ideas ,,, this is their longtime business model block new ideas that work but usually without truly understanding why the new

ideas work,,, same with hardware.

Cheers,

Boz

Best yellow ball in the business, by far.

#14508 Yaksta

Yaksta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts
  • LocationIllawarra

Posted 10 September 2018 - 07:23 AM

Nice balls ! ,,,,, very bright ,,, softer feel ,,, :D

Yeah knocked out 40 points on Saturday to win the A grade comp with this ball.Nice softer feel, easy to see in the air and on the fairways. Felt good off the putter and irons and stopped well on the greens without too much spin.

• The_Boz likes this

#14509 pegasus2357

pegasus2357

Visionary

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8957 posts
  • LocationI can see clearly now

Posted 10 September 2018 - 08:24 AM

Yeah knocked out 40 points on Saturday to win the A grade comp with this ball.Nice softer feel, easy to see in the air and on the fairways. Felt good off the putter and irons and stopped well on the greens without too much spin.

It is a great ball..... Had 37 points on Saturday with greens that were coed and sanded on Thursday

Usually one would be happy with that score but the clown that was chipping had left that part of the game somewhere else.... :( :( :(

Could have or should have easily been a round in the mid 40's

Such is life, was better than the way I've been playing of late

• The_Boz and CaNadiAn MiCk like this

VTTP 006

#14510 The_Boz

The_Boz

#iplayvision

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3118 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 01:01 PM

Hi Yak,,,, nice round ,,,, I really like what this ball can deliver , it should help you continue to score as it can

be a just a bit better from 100 yards in to the green in particular,,, plus putting control.

Hi Peg,,, talk tonight,,,,I got the shanks back again ,,, the boys at work including our new teaching Pro

Gavin Sutherland are really keen to get me going again so I will play with them more plus perhaps allow

me to look at joining the PGA ,,,,, 20 years of almost playing like I did to always end up with this issue 

is not on any more so I will get some help as I love to play  :)  ,,,

That is without hurting anyone along the way ,,,  :( ,,mind you my sense of humour is my games real strength today.  :rolleyes:

• CaNadiAn MiCk and iRON MiCK like this

#14511 The Robinator

The Robinator

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3025 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 06:20 PM

Hi Yak,,,, nice round ,,,, I really like what this ball can deliver , it should help you continue to score as it can

be a just a bit better from 100 yards in to the green in particular,,, plus putting control.

Hi Peg,,, talk tonight,,,,I got the shanks back again ,,, the boys at work including our new teaching Pro

Gavin Sutherland are really keen to get me going again so I will play with them more plus perhaps allow

me to look at joining the PGA ,,,,, 20 years of almost playing like I did to always end up with this issue 

is not on any more so I will get some help as I love to play  :)  ,,,

That is without hurting anyone along the way ,,,  :( ,,mind you my sense of humour is my games real strength today.  :rolleyes:

Hi Boz, I feel your pain regarding the s's. I see it as something akin to alcoholism, alcoholics will always think about having a drink and be tempted, it never truly goes away. I have had a shank problem on and off for the last 5 years. I still sometime stand over the ball and it enters my head. I am not even sure how I have stopped to be honest. I still tee up on par 3's right next to the right hand tee marker. 

• The_Boz likes this

#14512 BarnEsy05

BarnEsy05

Holing It Out

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32780 posts
  • LocationKAW KAW

Posted 10 September 2018 - 07:03 PM

is not on any more so I will get some help as I love to play :) ,,,

That is without hurting anyone along the way ,,, :( ,,mind you my sense of humour is my games real strength today. :rolleyes:

Smack that ball into the screen when you have a chance Boz...I had a little play today, managed a 240.50m drive, just gotta sort out the rest of the game now.
  • The_Boz likes this

A

DON'T LET THE BLACK DOG WIN...

HELP IS OUT THERE

7 Time ISG NSW WBT Winner
2013 ISG NSW WBT COC Runner Up
2015 ISG NSW WBT COC
2nd ISG NSW Life Member Inductee...Got Had a Jacket to Prove It
2012 ISG National Championships...Inaugural Supreme Putting Champion
2013 ISG National Championships...3rd Place 2nd Round - Moonah Links
2013 ISG National Championships...13th place...now that's desperately unlucky
2014 ISG National Championships...13th place...no other golfer could be that desperately unlucky 2 years in a row!
2015 ISG National Championships...21st place...that's farked
2016 ISG National Championships...waaaaay down the list.
2016 ISG National Championships...2nd place Yarra Yarra Satellite Game
2016 ISG National Championships...2nd place Huntingdale Satellite Game
2016 ISG National Championships...Captain of winning NSW Team, SOO
2017 ISG National Championships...12th place...heading in the right direction
2017 ISG National Championships...Winner The Lakes Satellite Game 43pts
2018 ISG National Championships...Best left unspoken

2019 ISG National Championships...5th Place

2019 ISG National Championships...Runner-up 2nd Round 13th Beach - Creek Course 40pts c/b

2019 ISG National Championships...Eagle 3 on hole 14 1st Round 13th Beach - Beach Course
2013 Brass Yacht Winner (Inaugural)
2014 Brass Yacht Winner
2015 Brass Yacht Runner-up
2016 Brass Yacht Winner
2017 Brass Yacht Winner
2018 Brass Yacht Winner

2019 Brass Yacht Winner

HOLE IN ONE
2017 ISG NATIONALS ROUND 2 RIVERSIDE OAKS 17TH HOLE BUNGOOL COURSE FIRST SHOT OF THE DAY (SHOTGUN START)

Life Motto: "If it's free, it's for me!"

Team Live4BarnEsy...forever undefeated angel-2-smiley-emoticon.gif

Desperately Unlucky ©

#14513 The_Boz

The_Boz

#iplayvision

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3118 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 09:05 PM

Hi Rob,,,, yes I get that as once that door was opened it has always been there,,,,,, Cheers, Boz

Hi JB,,,, I thought you were smoking them in the test room on Saturday,,, the driver you had been

using was not helping at all its a pity we cant just reshaft it?? to try,,,,, talk more soon, Boz

• BarnEsy05 likes this

#14514 pegasus2357

pegasus2357

Visionary

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8957 posts
  • LocationI can see clearly now

Posted 16 September 2018 - 09:33 AM

I think Bluey Zarsoff visited the course yesterday..... could hardly see mountains at close of play due to amount of dust in the air....
Yellow ball performed really well in very testing conditions.... punched 9 iron being blown 10 yards right at end of flught was interesting....
36 points was a good result, happy yellow ball user
  • The_Boz likes this

VTTP 006

#14515 malocchio

malocchio

Suspect

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 09:24 AM

So I've had more of a chance to test out the PTV's lately, and I can confidently say I'm happy with them! They're noticeably straighter off the tee, and they're giving me much more confidence with the shorter irons too. 

I've also had a chance to test out the AVX balls through some freebies from Titleist, and I'd say there's a similar feel from these balls (AVX could possibly be a smidge longer off the tee?), but the service, price and quality of the Visions will have me coming back for another coupla dozen soon  :)

• The_Boz, pegasus2357, iRON MiCK and 1 other like this

#14516 parcyloh

parcyloh

Suspect

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 October 2018 - 01:40 PM

Hey Boz would just like your thoughts on the Goker balls and do you yourself have anything similiar?
  • The_Boz likes this

#14517 iRON MiCK

iRON MiCK

Swing like......

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16282 posts
  • Locationwww.iseekgolf.com

Posted 02 October 2018 - 03:36 PM

Hey Boz would just like your thoughts on the Goker balls and do you yourself have anything similiar?

Hi Champ you may be surprised to find out he does.

18.0 by Dec  2019  - 2.0 to go

2017 VIC ISG OOM "The Goldy" Overall Tour Championship Winner*

2017 VIC OOM #5 Gardiners Run Overall Winner

http://www.golf.org....icap/3010407931

"Team Grank" founding member

* LoL

#14518 The Robinator

The Robinator

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3025 posts

Posted 02 October 2018 - 04:47 PM

Holycrap thats suspect.

• BarnEsy05 likes this

#14519 The Robinator

The Robinator

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3025 posts

Posted 02 October 2018 - 04:47 PM

Hi Champ you may be surprised to find out he does.

I don't think there is any surprise involved

#14520 BarnEsy05

BarnEsy05

Holing It Out

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32780 posts
  • LocationKAW KAW

Posted 02 October 2018 - 04:48 PM

Holycrap thats suspect.

Same thought ran through my mind as well.

A

DON'T LET THE BLACK DOG WIN...

HELP IS OUT THERE

7 Time ISG NSW WBT Winner
2013 ISG NSW WBT COC Runner Up
2015 ISG NSW WBT COC
2nd ISG NSW Life Member Inductee...Got Had a Jacket to Prove It
2012 ISG National Championships...Inaugural Supreme Putting Champion
2013 ISG National Championships...3rd Place 2nd Round - Moonah Links
2013 ISG National Championships...13th place...now that's desperately unlucky
2014 ISG National Championships...13th place...no other golfer could be that desperately unlucky 2 years in a row!
2015 ISG National Championships...21st place...that's farked
2016 ISG National Championships...waaaaay down the list.
2016 ISG National Championships...2nd place Yarra Yarra Satellite Game
2016 ISG National Championships...2nd place Huntingdale Satellite Game
2016 ISG National Championships...Captain of winning NSW Team, SOO
2017 ISG National Championships...12th place...heading in the right direction
2017 ISG National Championships...Winner The Lakes Satellite Game 43pts
2018 ISG National Championships...Best left unspoken

2019 ISG National Championships...5th Place

2019 ISG National Championships...Runner-up 2nd Round 13th Beach - Creek Course 40pts c/b

2019 ISG National Championships...Eagle 3 on hole 14 1st Round 13th Beach - Beach Course
2013 Brass Yacht Winner (Inaugural)
2014 Brass Yacht Winner
2015 Brass Yacht Runner-up
2016 Brass Yacht Winner
2017 Brass Yacht Winner
2018 Brass Yacht Winner

2019 Brass Yacht Winner

HOLE IN ONE
2017 ISG NATIONALS ROUND 2 RIVERSIDE OAKS 17TH HOLE BUNGOOL COURSE FIRST SHOT OF THE DAY (SHOTGUN START)

Life Motto: "If it's free, it's for me!"

Team Live4BarnEsy...forever undefeated angel-2-smiley-emoticon.gif

Desperately Unlucky ©

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users