14588 replies to this topic

#61 MrConsistency

MrConsistency

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3495 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 06:38 AM

YES!! Crows love 'em alright. Aparently a spray of aeroguard on the ball stops the crows getting them,

#62 solarbear

solarbear

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 08:35 AM

YES!! Crows love ‘em alright. Aparently a spray of aeroguard on the ball stops the crows getting them,

MrConsistency is a bit obsessed with iseekgolf...

TY for the tip. Will try it. Was kind of funny to be chasing a crow across 3 fairways in our buggy waving golf clubs at it to get one back.

#63 The_Boz

The_Boz

#iplayvision

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3095 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 10 December 2007 - 08:54 AM

You know they are on contract, the balls are lasting too long so we had to work out a way to help players lose a few more whilst not penalising them any shots. Remember you get a free drop and the UV looks so good against the deep black of the crow .:-)

#64 pom

pom

Old Grouch.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11908 posts
  • Locationtownsville

Posted 10 December 2007 - 08:58 AM

Aerogard does not work every time, depends on the crow I guess

#65 harty1au

harty1au

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 08:46 PM

I have been using the vision balls for sometime (probably 8 rounds or so). Because I'm an inconsistant ball striker (high teens handicap) I have trouble in doing a highly accurate test. During my rounds I swap balls, occasionally use Titliest pro V1, Callaway HX tour, Vision Xpert 2 and Vision UV yellows. I have found that it makes very little difference to me but starting to gain more confidence in the yellow fella over the others. I would have imagined that this is the "lowest level" ball of the 4 and would have expected to hit the Xpert 2 further. Maybe the clinger for me was coming home yesterday in 2 over on back, including a 1 shot penalty (bloody tree beside fairway). It has taken me all this time to realise that what the individual likes and feels comfortable with counts for more then the product being supposably or in reality, technically the best. So when I hear or read a golfer say that a Pro V 1 is the only ball for them, they are probably right. I must make this disclaimer that I was given some "Russells" although also admit that I then went out and bought an assosrtment pack and a box of Xpert2's.

#66 The_Boz

The_Boz

#iplayvision

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3095 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 12:04 AM

Thanks Harty for the well thought through review. Hi Chinalan, Sorry missed your question, HK and China won't be happening till after we bed things down in the States,so mid 2008. I am sending balls around the world by FedEx, so drop me a line through the info email on our website if you are interested and I will fill you in on the details.

#67 gazman23

gazman23

Suspect

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 12:35 AM

I was on the Test scheme and used the Vision balls (Yellow and white) and handed them out to all my Thursday Golf mates, we were all very impressed with the performance off the tee and loved the control, measured up well to the Pro V X's. All that is except one guy who is an expensive ball freak and refused to believe that the balls went anywhere near as good as his expensive purchases. The balls lasted for longer without cutting up and still had great feel. I havent tried the X-perts yet, but will go for a look and see how they go. Good balls and good value

#68 The_Boz

The_Boz

#iplayvision

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3095 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 08:01 PM

Hi Gaz, Thanks for the review, do you think we could charge him more and then he could feel better about playing them? :-) hahaha

#69 solarbear

solarbear

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 06:16 AM

Been playing with the UV's for a few weeks Boz and like the ball more and more each round. After finally playing on a course with greens that were not cement from the drought, found the spin was very good... outstanding for a ball that was in the price category of a Laddie. I was able to stop almost every mid and short iron within a metre of where it hit the green on full shots.

#70 muntz

muntz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4515 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 06:45 AM

Not sure these are my cup of tea unless I'm playing twilight golf. Boz - have you gone through different phases with the yellows. I've got some very weird feelings hitting the one I've got, but it is of unknown provenance (found it in apparently good nick in some OOB.)

#71 Anyoneforgolf

Anyoneforgolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 07:17 AM

After reading how good these balls are I thought I'd try a couple ,went to Rebel Sport and found they had several types at different prices eg 6 pack for $24 something another lot were $27 something for six and there was a dozen for $39 something but couldn't get 3 or two and didn't get any as it was too confusing and sales people weren't any help.Maybe I'll get lucky and find one someone else has lost.

#72 simoneboccia

simoneboccia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 08:33 AM

My mate emailed to get a few freebies and i was lucky to use a yellow russell on the weekend. I really enjoyed using it. I play off an 11 and compared it to the srixon zur. i found distance was roughly the same but i really appreciated the consistency of the roll on the green. i want to try the 'expert' at some stage but just got a box of pro v1's for my birthday so im gonna have to wait till they go. well done with the ball, and if you ever need any guinea pigs Boz to try anything else out, let me know.

#73 The_Boz

The_Boz

#iplayvision

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3095 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 03:17 AM

Hi Guys, Solarbear - you get used to a feel and the confidence builds, :-) Muntz - yes there have been a a few versions while I worked things out, which would be a difference in feel for sure. Performance is similar, I just wanted see what sort of variations in feel I could get. Muggins - Sorry for the confusion, I run three balls and I have 4 six packs available, White box = 6 X-perts - more spin / standard numbers Yellow box = 6 UV Yellow - soft / long / bright / big # Blue box = 6 Arcxtic white - same as UV except brite white Clear box = 2 of each model Boccio - thanks for the offer and the review, keep an eye on forum as we may test the new balls in January.

#74 overthetop

overthetop

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 03:27 AM

After reading how good these balls are I thought I’d try a couple ,went to Rebel Sport and found they had several types at different prices eg 6 pack for $24 something another lot were $27 something for six and there was a dozen for $39 something but couldn’t get 3 or two and didn’t get any as it was too confusing and sales people weren’t any help.Maybe I’ll get lucky and find one someone else has lost.

No matter how bad your game it is always possible to get better or worse

Did you expect the kid behind the counter at Rebel to know the difference between these balls let alone the diff between a golf ball and a cricket ball? Was it really that confusing? Boz, only played the one game with Russel, and all's good. Just as a lot of people are saying here. Distance and flight - right up there, spin - excellent, will stop on a coin, putting - confident off the face. Can't wait for them to get into the pro shops. P.S. very easy to see on pictures. took a heap of my son playing at the junior tournie in Moss Vale, and they came up really well in the photo's. He also really likes it, but probably more for the colour. He's only six, and not quite up to speed with ball quality.

#75 Anyoneforgolf

Anyoneforgolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 07:22 AM

ScottL says "Did you expect the kid behind the counter at Rebel to know the difference between these balls let alone the diff between a golf ball and a cricket ball?" Boz says "Sorry for the confusion, I run three balls and I have 4 six packs available, White box = 6 X-perts – more spin / standard numbers Yellow box = 6 UV Yellow – soft / long / bright / big # Blue box = 6 Arcxtic white – same as UV except brite white Clear box = 2 of each model ScottL,Read the reply from the distributor and maybe you'll see what I mean.And Yes I do expect people in sports stores to know what they are doing,and they aren't all kids here.So happy lucky dipping to you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users