#46 The_Boz

The_Boz

#iplayvision

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3095 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 02 December 2007 - 08:37 PM

Hey Tim, Where you going to check in prior to Christmas?

#47 Archi

Archi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 08:28 PM

Where could i get a couple of X-perts , over here in WA ? 6 h'capper keen to give em a crack !

#48 Topdog

Topdog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 09:24 PM

Archi, Rebel sports in westfield (cannington) have them in 12 pack and 6 pack. Or try a closer Rebel sports store.

#49 frankyb

frankyb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2331 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 10:45 PM

the have them at Rebel Booragoon as well

#50 Golf-Guru

Golf-Guru

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10674 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 03:20 AM

It's good to see a few more WA faces on the site:)

#51 chinaalan

chinaalan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 05:55 AM

Hey Boz Are these balls available in Hong kong or China yet? I'd love to try some. Thanks Alan

#52 driver33b1372662198

driver33b1372662198

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 07:24 AM

Hi all, I've got 4 of these Vision balls that I have won in ball comps....have never hit one so will have to give it a try....seems everyone is happy with them.....worse that can happen is go back to ProV1, although I've been very happy with them. Will give the Vision a fly on Wednesday.

#53 tendril

tendril

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 10:37 PM

Looks like there's a lot of buzz regarding these new balls! I'm going to head along to the Cannington Rebel sport and grab myself half a dozen of the UV and Arctic White's to try out next week. Great to see there's some Australian based innovation coming through!

#54 CHRIS_B

CHRIS_B

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 11:30 PM

You feel patriotic using them!
  • LDKliewer likes this

#55 TGR

TGR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 678 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 07:15 AM

Firsty thanks to Boz for the sample. As much as i wanted to like the Vision, it doesnt suit me. I usually play the Precept U-TRI Tour (ive got tons of them from closeout) and ProVs. The Visions lack feel and are very harsh feeling and distance was slightly down for me, this is particularly evident in putting. The pros of the Vision is that they are particularly easy to see in the air and on the ground although when the grass is dry it can become more difficult than a white ball. Durability is huge the ball didnt stuff or scratch even with my wedges (japanese with agressive groves). Spin was pretty good almost the stop and drop of ProV. I think i may be suited to the Xpert Vision, i will give those ago next time. Real sorry for slagging the ball, Boz is a great guy i bet. Its awesome to have someone local dealing direct with us little guys. Theres definately a market for these balls, they sure are the best Yellow balls but dont have the characteristics of premium balls yet. P.S Those tees included are awesome, they never break!! And you can see them so easily. 4 thumbs up.

#56 Golf-Guru

Golf-Guru

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10674 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 07:36 AM

tgr, good to get some balanced views and you will be right on the button that the other ball will probably be the go. I would hardly call it a slagging:) Testing never hurts!

#57 Sidman

Sidman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 08:05 PM

Methinks that the UV yellow ball is not a competitor against ProV1's but more the next level of ball down. Its the X Perts that are comparable to the Pro V1 et al....

#58 driver33b1372662198

driver33b1372662198

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 08:27 AM

I gave the Vision 9 holes on Wed.....did not hit a fairway off the driver...it came off the irons the best I have felt a ball and probably 5m further than my stock shots. Didn't hit a bunker but was quite predictable and consistent around the greens and I really liked the way it putted. I still got my 18pts out of it, so I wasn't disappointed in the ball. Although I couldn't wait to get to the 10th and change back to the ProV....missed the 10th and 11th fairways but hit 12 14 16 and 18. Parred the last 6 holes to scramble in with another 18pts. So nothing lost and an experience gained. I am sure there is a market for these balls. No-one in our group had seen one before but an ex 2 marker commented on the way it blasted off the irons. So it wasn't just me that it impressed. I'm also sure I could sell the ball I used as a new one....not a mark on it. I wish Boz all the best with his marketing and R&D, maybe if I can get a hold of some of the later balls I will give them a try too. Thanks for giving us the chance to TRY an Aussie ball. Cheers. http://www.golflink....k_no=2080800567

#59 petergf

petergf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 05:21 AM

Boz can you let me know when the distribution gets to the Wide Bay area (qld). cheers peter p.s. rebel sport are only offering the yellow vision balls over on their internet purchase, hence the above request. cheers peter

#60 solarbear

solarbear

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 07:56 PM

Ok I have found a design flaw with these. The crows love them. Had one stolen from the middle of the fairway and another thief we ran down with the golf cart and got it back. Anyone else finding the crows love these balls?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users