49 replies to this topic

#46 Snappy McSnapperton

Snappy McSnapperton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2004 posts

Posted 04 February 2019 - 08:47 AM

Had a cracking club chuck after laying up on 6 yesterday, then putting the approach shot into the greenside bunker.

At least I got it up and down for bogey. But more importantly, a lovely helicopter effect with the 9 iron.

amateur

If I can win an OOM anyone can. 

http://www.golflink....k_no=3012646041

#47 iRON MiCK

iRON MiCK

Moss Effect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15919 posts
  • Locationwww.iseekgolf.com

Posted 04 February 2019 - 09:13 AM

Is #6 a Par 3?

Nice one Cuz
  • CaNadiAn MiCk likes this

18.4 by June  2019  - 1.0 to go

2017 VIC ISG OOM "The Goldy" Winner

2017 VIC OOM #5 Gardiners Run Overall Winner

http://www.golf.org....icap/3010407931

"Team Grank" founding member

#48 Zenstb

Zenstb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2857 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 11 February 2019 - 08:37 PM

Played with an Asian gentleman, great guy. Another guy in the group flushed the perfect shank into the trees, lost ball. He piffed his club, nice helicopter throw, really good club head speed. Nice carry distance. Released a fraction early, club flew towards the bushes. Asian guy turns and said you better throw a provisional I'm not sure that's throw was in play, maybe a lost club too.
The group lost it in laughter.
  • Weetbix, Monty85, iRON MiCK and 1 other like this
Coordination is the key to movement

#49 Hawkers2015

Hawkers2015

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3355 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 08:45 PM

Played with an Asian gentleman, great guy. Another guy in the group flushed the perfect shank into the trees, lost ball. He piffed his club, nice helicopter throw, really good club head speed. Nice carry distance. Released a fraction early, club flew towards the bushes. Asian guy turns and said you better throw a provisional I'm not sure that's throw was in play, maybe a lost club too.

Reminds me of one the top 10 finishers from the Vic Open who I am sure we both know.  The longest thrower I know by some margin.

#50 Monty85

Monty85

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1701 posts
  • LocationWestern Sydney

Posted 22 February 2019 - 07:50 AM

One of the best blow ups i've witnessed on a course involved a lost club.

Old mate played out of a bunker to the green. Tossed the wedge as he walked out and then proceeded to pull another club out of his bag for the sole purpose of throwing that as well.

Anyway, hops on the green, rolls the putt in for par and then spirals the putter in the direction of the other clubs as well.

Found the putter and one of the wedges.

Never found the 3rd one.

• iRON MiCK and Forrest Gardener like this

| GolfLink 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users