ozdevil

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6896 posts
  • Locationbacchus marsh

Posted 14 November 2016 - 01:20 PM

Gday All

I taught myself a great lesson on Saturday and i am embarressed and ashamed of myself

I admit i can have a bad temper at times but i did something i frown apon  and that is chucking a club to the ground.

well  i did it in anger  and i am certainly not proud of it..

I was having a reasonable round on Saturday  and when i got to the 9th my tee shot went wayward left hand side rough i accepted that then topped the ball 5 metres  then did the same thing  3rd  then 4th shot  hit it marginally better  to the right hand side rough still I am calmish  next shot 5th  back to the left side rough

now I am getting  bit heated  6th shot topped it again  now boiling point and through club to ground and twang  8 iron snaps   7th shot onto green(best shot I did on this 9th hole then 2 putted to walk of with a 9....

I don't know what possessed me for loosing my cool as normally I would brush it off pretty quick and not worry about it    wether it was just frustration that things wasn't going the way I wanted it to  or just because I could loose my cool.

I am not trying to excuse the fact I did chuck a club and break a club in the process  because I only have myself to blame for it , as it wasn't the gear  or the people I was playing with or how the course was playing it was just a stupid nuff nuff on the end of the club.....

looking back and thinking about it now , there really shouldn't be any reason to do such thing.  as you only  humiliate yourself  and start to make others feel uncomfortable around you  when ya get fired up...

I feel ashamed of myself and I am embarrassed about my actions

oz

• StewyGriffin, Weetbix and AlisonC like this
I AM ALWAYS FORCED TO DO SH1T I'M NOT QUALIFIED FOR. LIKE BEING NICE TO BLOODY ID1OTS :P :D

golflink # http://www.golflink....k_no=3040204492

#2 Goldy

Goldy

Ed Rayner's love child

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39505 posts
  • Location20m closer than you expected

Posted 14 November 2016 - 01:42 PM

Love a good club chuck.

Winner Moonah Legends 2013 ISG Nationals | Winner The National 2013 ISG Nationals | Winner 4BBB 2013 ISG Nationals
Winner Stink's 3 Club Challenge 2015 | Winner C grade OOM The Sands 2016

Hole-in-one Growling Frog 14/1/17 5th hole 137m TM RBZ 5 hybrid, Srixon AD333 ball | Growling Frog GC Matchplay Champion 2017

Winner B grade OOM Curlewis 2018

Other, less impressive stuff...(I know...it's marginal...)
R/Up ISG Nationals 2013 | C Grade LD Growling Frog 8/2/14, 11th hole, TM R1, HOF Patriot shaft, testicles of steel | NTP 2nd hole Kooindah Waters 2014 ISG Nationals

3 Birdies in one round The Glades 2015 ISG Nationals | R/Up 4BBB 2015 ISG Nationals | NTP 16th hole Growling Frog OOM 2017 

C Grade LD Growling Frog 26/12/17, 15th hole, Callaway BB Alpha, HOF Patriot shaft, same old testicles of steel
C Grade LD Growling Frog 11/8/18, blah blah blah,,,,this is getting to be almost monotonous..... 

C Grade LD Growling Frog 1/9/18,...maybe these are now so commonplace I should just stop listing them

NTP Yering Meadows 25th hole 1/12/18...and again 30/12/18 | NTP YM 12th hole 24/2/19

Never contended for the trophy named for me

Low Handicap point 12.7 9/4/16

Finally...and most importantly...
Smoldy....when only the best will do.

#3 iKnobsi

iKnobsi

Pawsome

• Members
  • 35837 posts
  • LocationOutta here!!!!

Posted 14 November 2016 - 01:50 PM

grow a pair Oz

• RobNewy likes this

#4 RobNewy

RobNewy

Captain Spud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11232 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Posted 14 November 2016 - 01:51 PM

Just make sure you chuck it forward.
Otherwise you end up looking like a knob end walking back to collect it
  • Francie, Schmuck, Goldy and 2 others like this
http://www.golf.org....icap/3010407059

So Max, if I don't respond to your comments, it's just because I'm ignoring you because I think you're an arsehole

#5 Schmuck

Schmuck

B grade Chopper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11013 posts
  • Location1 club shorter

Posted 14 November 2016 - 02:11 PM

Love a good club chuck.

hi
  • CaNadiAn MiCk, Groove_Snob, Weetbix and 1 other like this
Nothing makes sense, except GOATS, they ALWAYS make sense

Ever noticed that Ducks swagger?

I am only half trying

"Be brave if you lose and meek if you win"

#6 Schmuck

Schmuck

B grade Chopper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11013 posts
  • Location1 club shorter

Posted 14 November 2016 - 02:13 PM

I used to kick them, got pretty good at hitting the midpoint/flexpoint. Current 50degree has a slight bow as evidence from the last time, which was first in a decade or so. Sometime you just let it out Oz :)
  • Bluethunda likes this
Nothing makes sense, except GOATS, they ALWAYS make sense

Ever noticed that Ducks swagger?

I am only half trying

"Be brave if you lose and meek if you win"

#7 iRON MiCK

iRON MiCK

Moss Effect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15524 posts
  • Locationwww.iseekgolf.com

Posted 14 November 2016 - 02:24 PM

Are you sure you only got a 9? Stroke can do that to you Oz, I hope you were able to keep going, for there are those of us, that do not. 

If you were playing with me, I'm sure it would have given us a giggle a couple of holes later.

Don't beat yourself up over it, its only a game.

We all  get angry, and make choices. You have owned yours. Move on.

18.4 by June  2019  - 1.6 to go

2017 VIC ISG OOM "The Goldy" Winner

2017 VIC OOM #5 Gardiners Run Overall Winner

http://www.golf.org....icap/3010407931

"Team Grank" founding member

#8 Lukos87

Lukos87

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1619 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 02:43 PM

I used to kick them, got pretty good at hitting the midpoint/flexpoint. Current 50degree has a slight bow as evidence from the last time, which was first in a decade or so. Sometime you just let it out Oz :)

I did the same with my driver as I don't really care for the shaft. Can get it quite high on occasion. Tried with the 4 iron one day and the steel did not respond as kindly I learnt my lesson that day that as well as looking like a fool it also costs a fair bit of time and money to replace.
  • Schmuck likes this

#9 Goldy

Goldy

Ed Rayner's love child

• Members
  • 39505 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 02:48 PM

Was it a par 4 or 5? Were you playing stableford?

You probably should have picked up at some point before the 9th shot.

You're welcome.
  • ozdevil likes this

Winner Moonah Legends 2013 ISG Nationals | Winner The National 2013 ISG Nationals | Winner 4BBB 2013 ISG Nationals

Hole-in-one Growling Frog 14/1/17 5th hole 137m TM RBZ 5 hybrid, Srixon AD333 ball | Growling Frog GC Matchplay Champion 2017

R/Up ISG Nationals 2013 | C Grade LD Growling Frog 8/2/14, 11th hole, TM R1, HOF Patriot shaft, testicles of steel | NTP 2nd hole Kooindah Waters 2014 ISG Nationals

3 Birdies in one round The Glades 2015 ISG Nationals | R/Up 4BBB 2015 ISG Nationals | NTP 16th hole Growling Frog OOM 2017 

C Grade LD Growling Frog 26/12/17, 15th hole, Callaway BB Alpha, HOF Patriot shaft, same old testicles of steel
C Grade LD Growling Frog 11/8/18, blah blah blah,,,,this is getting to be almost monotonous..... 

C Grade LD Growling Frog 1/9/18,...maybe these are now so commonplace I should just stop listing them

NTP Yering Meadows 25th hole 1/12/18...and again 30/12/18 | NTP YM 12th hole 24/2/19

#10 GPJ_Longdriver

GPJ_Longdriver

Long Iron Appreciation Society President.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19901 posts
  • LocationWithin reaching distance of a golf club.

Posted 14 November 2016 - 02:57 PM

I figure chucking a club is preferable to just snapping it over you knee.

At least when chucking it, the club has a chance of a full recovery. :)

(Last club I chucked was at Moonah a week or two ago. It wasn't you're typical hammer throw of 100m plus, but just enough to get it away from me ....... so that I wouldn't snap it over my knee)

Edited by GPJ_Longdriver, 14 November 2016 - 02:58 PM.

• ozdevil and Schmuck like this

http://www.golf.org....icap/3160102708

Le Hole in 1 (#1) ..... Beaconhills 30/06/2013 6th Hole - Mizuno MP 68 7 iron / TM Lethal ball.
Le Hole in 1 (#2) ...... Beaconhills 09/08/2014 6th Hole - Mizuno MP 68 7 iron / TM Lethal ball.
Le Hole in 1 (#3) ...... Beaconhills 22/02/2015 6th Hole - Mizuno MP 68 7 iron / Titleist NXT Tour ball.

WINS
2012 Rotary Charity Day Dream Team
2013 Cardinia Beaconhills Invitational Classic
2014 Cardinia Beaconhills Invitational Classic
2014 W.A. Invitational Classic (Joondalup)

2015 Cardinia Beaconhills - Captain's Trophy Winner
2016 W.A. Invitational Classic (Albany)
2017 W.A. Invitational Classic (The Cut)
2017 Baconwide Tour 4BBB Flinders -with Chip In King

2018 Coober Pedy Opal Fields Open

2018 Alice Springs Invitational
Stink / GPJ Trophy - Lowest Score Off The Stick (OOM's) - Sandhurst, Settlers Run, Growling Frog, Gardiners Run.

President of ISeekGolf - Long Iron Appreciation Society.

Lead proponent for the abolition of Hybrids, G'brids and Rescues
"Caffeine n Darts" - Proud sponsors of GPJ Golfing 2018.

#11 Goldy

Goldy

Ed Rayner's love child

• Members
  • 39505 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 03:01 PM

I figure chucking a club is preferable to just snapping it over you knee.

At least when chucking it, the club has a chance of a full recovery. :)

(Last club I chucked was at Moonah a week or two ago. It wasn't you're typical hammer throw of 100m plus, but just enough to get it away from me ....... so that I wouldn't snap it over my knee)

This shows that sometimes it's for the good of the club.

So it must be a good thing.

• Schmuck likes this

#12 BumpunGrind

BumpunGrind

Year of the Day

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13412 posts
  • LocationThirteen point twenty-four warning points

Posted 14 November 2016 - 03:21 PM

my last "incident" was 23rd June 2012. Probably says more that I haven't played many games since then than it does about my temperament.

I was playing in the semi-final for the Club match play, I was 5 down after 10 holes and got it back to dormie on 17. I think he was on in three and I was about 15m off greenside chipping my second. I knew I had to land my ball near to Dad's but he was too far away to mark it and there was no way I was going to hit it, surely. I chipped it well, landed it where I needed to at the right speed and it tracked straight for Dad's ball, it hit it and knocked my ball off the green, down the ridge, into the water.

I had taken a few steps back and swung the club around me in absolute frustration. Turns out I had stepped close enough to a big gum tree that was stronger than the shaft just above the hosel. I got up and down for a half and to lose 2 and 1

New shaft, but it still wasn't my fault

• *Mouldy and Schmuck like this

#teamgrank

#theyarenotmypants

#hashtag

#13 bazinoz

bazinoz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3142 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 03:52 PM

#1 my tee shot went wayward left hand side rough 

#2 then topped the ball 5 metres 

#3 then did the same thing  3rd 

#4 then 4th shot  hit it marginally better  to the right hand side rough

#5 next shot 5th  back to the left side rough

now I am getting  bit heated 

#6 6th shot topped it again 

#7 now boiling point and through club to ground and twang  8 iron snaps  

You are a better man than me Oz.

I wouldn't have lasted much past #3 :D

FAARRK! at #1.  

Nnnrrrrgggghhhhh! at #2

Helicopter at #3

Silly game...

• CaNadiAn MiCk, iRON MiCK, Schmuck and 1 other like this

#14 iRON MiCK

iRON MiCK

Moss Effect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15524 posts
  • Locationwww.iseekgolf.com

Posted 14 November 2016 - 03:55 PM

my last "incident" was 23rd June 2012. Probably says more that I haven't played many games since then than it does about my temperament.

I was playing in the semi-final for the Club match play, I was 5 down after 10 holes and got it back to dormie on 17. I think he was on in three and I was about 15m off greenside chipping my second. I knew I had to land my ball near to Dad's but he was too far away to mark it and there was no way I was going to hit it, surely. I chipped it well, landed it where I needed to at the right speed and it tracked straight for Dad's ball, it hit it and knocked my ball off the green, down the ridge, into the water.

I had taken a few steps back and swung the club around me in absolute frustration. Turns out I had stepped close enough to a big gum tree that was stronger than the shaft just above the hosel. I got up and down for a half and to lose 2 and 1

New shaft, but it still wasn't my fault

It was. Own it bro. You know you can. *Big Hug.

18.4 by June  2019  - 1.6 to go

2017 VIC ISG OOM "The Goldy" Winner

2017 VIC OOM #5 Gardiners Run Overall Winner

http://www.golf.org....icap/3010407931

"Team Grank" founding member

#15 ozdevil

ozdevil

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6896 posts
  • Locationbacchus marsh

Posted 14 November 2016 - 04:02 PM

Was it a par 4 or 5? Were you playing stableford?

You probably should have picked up at some point before the 9th shot.

You're welcome.

I wish it was stableford or even par for that matter dam stroke  and 1st round of clubbies

• Schmuck likes this
I AM ALWAYS FORCED TO DO SH1T I'M NOT QUALIFIED FOR. LIKE BEING NICE TO BLOODY ID1OTS :P :D

golflink # http://www.golflink....k_no=3040204492

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users