51 replies to this topic

#31 St_Andrews

St_Andrews

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3315 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 07:52 PM

MM How long would it take to get there from the Airport ?

#32 MatthewM

MatthewM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1857 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 06:26 AM

Around 45 mins from the airport St. A. Take the western ring road and get off Deer Park. Jeffrey - I take your poit on the Price:Quality ratio re WV. Gisbourne leaves most for dead in that regard. $1 per hole midweek. MM

#33 L_J

L_J

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 06:21 AM

I checked out this course a few weeks ago. One 9 is still a little under construction and there is a lot of construction work going on around the Pro Shop area. The fella I spoke to in the ProShop tells me that they're planning to set it up like the corporate resorts like in QLD. "We're especially aiming towards the corporate dollar." For me personally I'd rather take a trip into Melb and pay $50+ to play Commonwealth or something. I gotta agree with Matty in the comparisons (although I haven't played Growling Frog yet). shortly put it wasn't worth my $45. lol There are some interesting holes and I played the course from between the blue and the black markers and found the length fantastic

#34 Deadlast

Deadlast

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 11:45 PM

Played this course on New years day. Always enjoyable to play a well conditioned course, & very good layout. Must say for $50 it was well worth the travel & the other guys in our groups found it quite the challenge playing from the blacks at over 6500m+. It took us just over 4 1/2 hours as we were walking the course with probably half an hour wasted walking from hole to hole. The only criticism I have for the course is the pug marks on the green left by golfers that don't give a rats, yet probably the 1st too complain about all the dents. Also must mention how great the fairways were, some of the best I have played in a long time.

#35 Smergen

Smergen

Green Egg Goat Smuggla

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12437 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 11:30 PM

I was there a couple of days before DL and couldn't agree more. Pitch marks all over the greens and I was looking squarely at the group in front of us. At one stage I saw one of them take a swing in frustration on the green and pivot himself round 360 degrees. Sure enough, get up to the green and there is a heap of ripped up green thanks to his spikes... The course itself was in awesome nick and probably played some of the best golf I ever have. Even nearly parred the 4th! Round was a little slow at just under 5 hours walk, but most of that was due to the groups in front. Apparently marshalls were called, but I never saw them. And yep, I reckon you'd be hard pressed to find fairways better...

#36 Russssssssssssssssssssssss

Russssssssssssssssssssssss

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2952 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 05 January 2010 - 04:51 AM

I played here on tuesday before new years, course was in great nick and yeah it's a long haul from the blacks. They also have free carts on tuesdays.

#37 ACCA

ACCA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 03:37 AM

im a member at eynesbury . great course . membership is very cheap considering the course , 1950 7 day pay by the month if you like to .... extra 500 if you want a cart evry time you play ...very good value , im happy being a member there .. this was my first post , im mick ,

#38 FairwayBomber

FairwayBomber

Just one more putt...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1460 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 06:33 AM

Played here for the 2nd time today. In great condition. The tee boxes were in better condition than most course's fairways! For me, the only thing that detracts is the length. Having to take out your driver for all but 1 par 4 is a bit much. Unless you can consistently hit over 220m of the tee, you will struggle getting GIR...

#39 ozdevil

ozdevil

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6936 posts
  • Locationbacchus marsh

Posted 27 January 2011 - 06:54 AM

Played here for the 2nd time today. In great condition. The tee boxes were in better condition than most course’s fairways!

For me, the only thing that detracts is the length. Having to take out your driver for all but 1 par 4 is a bit much. Unless you can consistently hit over 220m of the tee, you will struggle getting GIR…

Golf is all about the long game….

Fairwaybomber wasnt a bad day out there at all... the course is probably the best i have seen it specially since the big rains we had a a couple of weeks back now......The fairways have come back good and the greens are starting to get there roll... i Tee'd of around 8am this morning and also went back out on the front 9 twice this afternoon... I have to disagree with your sentiments on driver, yes on some of the big holes driver is neccessary... however though holes 1 and 2 alot of people dont bother bring the big dog out and just go a 3 wood of the blues and then a small iron shot into the greens hole 6 can be done as well by using a 3 wood and possibly a 4 iron or 5 wood in reg hole 9 is also possible with 3 wood and 5 wood hole 17 most will opt for the 3 wood or less on this hole specially if the wind is going with ya Hole 18 a wise person who doesnt hit big will either use an iron or 5 wood just pull up short of the creek then let rip a 3 wood down to the green get the carry and GIR is doable but you are dead right though it is a big hitters course... pitty FB if i had of seen ya out there i would have said gday

#40 FairwayBomber

FairwayBomber

Just one more putt...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1460 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 07:04 AM

Tee'd off at 9am today. It did turn out to be a great day. Just a breath of wind, and overcast. Perfect! Unfortunately for me, distance from the tee requires me to take the big dog out. Without it, getting GIR is very difficult. Having said that, I did manage to get a few Pars today. :) I tried to clear the creek on 18th....hit it as well as I could. Thought i cleared it but the ball must have changed its mind. :) Have a look left of the bridge...you may find a 2nd hand ProV around there.. lol

#41 ozdevil

ozdevil

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6936 posts
  • Locationbacchus marsh

Posted 27 January 2011 - 07:22 AM

Tee’d off at 9am today. It did turn out to be a great day. Just a breath of wind, and overcast. Perfect!

Unfortunately for me, distance from the tee requires me to take the big dog out. Without it, getting GIR is very difficult. Having said that, I did manage to get a few Pars today. :)

I tried to clear the creek on 18th….hit it as well as I could. Thought i cleared it but the ball must have changed its mind. :) Have a look left of the bridge…you may find a 2nd hand ProV around there.. lol

Golf is all about the long game….

mate trying to clear the creek on the 18th is easily done but not by going near the foot bridge... you kinda have to look at aiming towards the bumker on the right... will have a scout around the bridge next time i am out there... maybe on saturday at the Pro - Am i might find plenty around there... i may be spotting balls on some of the more difficult holes

#42 Bogey Golfer

Bogey Golfer

metronome

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9827 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 01:58 AM

Hi Oz managed to get a place in the pro am for tommorrow morning so might get you to spot my ball on some of these holes. hope to see you then . I also hope to carry creek on18th this time as didnt do it last time.

#43 ozdevil

ozdevil

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6936 posts
  • Locationbacchus marsh

Posted 29 January 2011 - 05:06 PM

mate come and say gday and we will catch up for a frothy afterwards

#44 jafflemaker

jafflemaker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3625 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:29 AM

I see in today paper that they say Eyensbury is up for sale. $10m. Anyone interested in a syndicate?

#45 Francie

Francie

Inaugural Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38219 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:34 AM

If I win lotto tonight......I MIGHT think about it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users