51 replies to this topic

#16 ttitheridge

ttitheridge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5492 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 06:17 AM

Not much to go on from the website at the moment?

Any progress anyone knows about?

#17 Alphonse

Alphonse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 28 October 2006 - 07:07 AM

Is this place ever going to open? Presumably they must be experiencing some difficulties?

#18 Murphy11

Murphy11

Suspect

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 08:54 AM

This is from a Villa World Limited sharemarket release:

Eynesbury
"Villa World Limited is the developer of Eynesbury, a new township currently being created in Melbourne’s west.

Currently 15 holes of the 18 hole golf course are complete, the restoration of the homestead is progressing well and the civil
works for the polo fields have been completed. Works have advanced to such an extent on the golf course and homestead that
both facilities will be operational during the first half of the 2007 calendar year."

#19 ttitheridge

ttitheridge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5492 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 07:04 PM

Given that the course is located well enough out of town to be quite regional, and therefore won't likely be mixed up in perennially hosting major events, I wonder why on earth they determined that retirees and lifestylers wanted a 6600m course blink.gif

I know that is just the card length off the tips, but some of that will have to be walked by the forward tee players. Barwon Heads has just lengthened about eight holes by building new back tees (none resulting in a longer walk for the rest of us), and is still measuring less than 5900m. Too short? I know I would rather play and stay there for a couple of days than 90-95% of the 6.5km crap tracks.

#20 Rightfoot_sloth

Rightfoot_sloth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 03:04 AM

QUOTE: ttitheridge @ Oct 31 2006, 09:04 AM

Given that the course is located well enough out of town to be quite regional, and therefore won't likely be mixed up in perennially hosting major events, I wonder why on earth they determined that retirees and lifestylers wanted a 6600m course blink.gif

I know that is just the card length off the tips, but some of that will have to be walked by the forward tee players. Barwon Heads has just lengthened about eight holes by building new back tees (none resulting in a longer walk for the rest of us), and is still measuring less than 5900m. Too short? I know I would rather play and stay there for a couple of days than 90-95% of the 6.5km crap tracks.

As usual Tithers you raised some fair points about the development. Why do they have a Par 4 that is 480m blink.gif I stumbled across the updated web site today which has a Hole by Hole Description and updated layout drawings. The link is http://www.eynesbury...y-golf.123.html

Cheers,
RFS.

#21 John J Jones

John J Jones

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2765 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 04:41 AM

Sadly Google Earth still shows it as paddocks.

JJ

#22 Tinsworth

Tinsworth

If it's on the internet then it must be right.....

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5673 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 05:57 AM

QUOTE: ttitheridge @ Aug 17 2004, 11:57 PM

Apparently, Buninyong is on its knees.

Any update on that bit of news TT?

#23 golfer69

golfer69

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5258 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 06:25 AM

I got a dozen pills last week with the Eynsbury logo on them..if thats any help.

#24 hewi12

hewi12

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 08:26 AM

QUOTE: Rightfoot_sloth @ Dec 20 2006, 05:04 PM

As usual Tithers you raised some fair points about the development. Why do they have a Par 4 that is 480m blink.gif I stumbled across the updated web site today which has a Hole by Hole Description and updated layout drawings. The link is http://www.eynesbury...y-golf.123.html

Cheers,
RFS.

At 480m, I really dont see why there would be a fairway trap (middle of fairway) just short of the green. This looks like its where most club golfers would want to land their approach shots, hoping to get a kick towards the green. Not much chance of that. I think its length is plenty enough challenge, without that staring at you.

#25 craness75

craness75

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 07:59 PM

By any chance is Eynesbury located on hilly terrain? Because my understanding of the area around the Werribee River is that majority of the land around there is flat. Then a flat 480m par 4 would be very difficult for the average golfer or retiree. And Hewi12, you are correct, why need a bunker on the fairway when the holes' length is it's greatest attribute/challenge. I would expect a 480m hole if it was running down a hill re Augusta 10th style.

#26 John J Jones

John J Jones

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2765 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 10:06 PM

A 480m par 4 is nothing more than a marketing gimmick. "Come and test yourself against Australia's longets and hardest par 4". My guess is that for all but a tiny handful of occasions the tee in use will be one 70m up the fairway.

JJ

#27 MatthewM

MatthewM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1857 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 07:23 AM

Bumping this thread, as the course is open for play. II'l be there this week for a game. Dictaphone will have new batteries... MM

#28 MatthewM

MatthewM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1857 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 05:31 AM

Course review ready to roll. Admin - if you're reading this, how do I get the text to you so you can post it as a stand alone course review? In short, Four Word Course Review – Fun despite the clay narrowly favoured over “ hope it ain’t windy” “long from the back” “soundly designed strategic course” and “another good Marsh effort” $45 midweek green fee. Good value. You’d pay that at Waterford Valley or 13th Beach (Creek), which IMHO aren’t as good as Eynesbury. I'd pay that to play it again. Think Growling Frog. Similar in feel to The Glades but west of Melbourne, on flat clay ground. Better than Sandhurst, Keysborough, Waterford Valley, Kingston Links, 13th Beach (Creek) Comparable in quality to Gisborne and Growling Frog Not as good as The Dunes, Ranfurlie or 13th Beach (Beach) Hope the review is up soon. MM

#29 ttitheridge

ttitheridge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5492 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 06:25 PM

So far, that post Matty satisfies all the guesses one might make, and good to hear then that it hasn't been a miss in your eyes. Look forward to seeing and snapping it. Might be a look-in for Vase V.

#30 the_unreal_jeffrey

the_unreal_jeffrey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1928 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 07:08 PM

Good stuff Matt, look forward to the review. Not sure that Waterford Valley should ever be held up as a price benchmark though. Seems to be a major outlier on the price v quality distribution.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users