602 replies to this topic

#571 Bogey Golfer

Bogey Golfer

metronome

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10214 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 07:27 AM

What a great course Legends is to play and enjoy..

plenty of trouble around greens with swales and slopes if put ball in the wrong place or you attack a flag when shouldn't.

definitely need local knowledge and good game planning to plot your way around.

Finally a win for me in A grade in a OOM.

thanks to my playing partners Itchy, Benny and Deege for a good days golf.

Itchy thanks for sharing cart with me.

Benny good solid performance again, nice and consistent.

Deege well played your driving was good and putting was smooth and you rolled the dots on ball nicely.

Our group all played well , particularly stand out was Itchy who played par 5's well and had 4 x3 pointers in a row on 10 , 11 ,12 ,13. impressive when he is off 1.

My game: played steady golf on front 9, played to my game plan. and good putting helped me along.

Overall hit ball well and solid shots. only wipe was magpie hole 11th where I changed my game plan on my club selection off tee caused me to be indecisive and make a poor swing pull left.

have to eliminate wipes from game.

Chipping was a bit off today, particularly the run along ground shots with 6,7,8 irons and need to improve this area of game if going to get handicap down even further..

Well done to all the winners.

Bully it now looks like you will win OOM, overall end of year and a NAGA all in same year..

Thanks to everyone for making the OOM’s day possible. particularly to Goldy, Deege, Oz and Cheryl.

Thanks to our sponsors for prizes. TGP, Vision Golf, Taylor made, Club links.

See some of you at Lang Lang Tombstone  and catch up with others again at the nationals.

• WasabiPea_Shooter likes this

2017 OOM winner at Growling Frog.

2016 A grade winner Moonah legends OOM4.

2015 member of team Vision winners of SGC pennant.

2014 National ISG champion

2014 winner Kooindah waters

2014 winner Magenta shores

2014 first ever hole in 1 in an ISG event, 4th Hole Kooindah waters 19th October

2012 winner of BHIC and gaining a 5 year exemption

#572 Joe79

Joe79

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3052 posts
  • LocationVic (Metro North)

Posted 22 August 2016 - 08:49 AM

Thanks to the organisers as usual! Was a great day. Always well run and great day. Without all your work we would not get to enjoy a fantastic day!

Thanks to my Partners. G-mac and Gottsy. Both very solid for the day. Dave showing some great hits today!

Francie, no more of the fade, now with the Snap Hook!!!! ;) But yes was not great Cart golf today, I think we hit to the same spot once! Solid though until the back 9 fade out as you predicted. At least you broke the hoo doo with a 3pt!

Me well I played solid for my 3rd round back but slightly disappointed with the round. I had the chance to actually put a good score up but again just folded like a house of cards.

I did enjoy the course and can see why some love it. There were 3 or 4 holes that were fantastic!

Unlucky Bully to end up with NAGA after watching your OOM win last up close. Must not of been your day!

OOM 4 2017 Moonah Open C Grade and Overall Winner - 39pts
OOM 1 2018 Growling Frog B Grade and Overall Winner - 40pts

Cap: 15.4 Gamegolf

WITB:
Primary: X2 Hot Pro 8.5 on Kuro Kage Silver TiNi Stiff | Big Bertha 3W on Kuro Kage Black TiNi 50 Stiff Shaft | Big Bertha 5W on Kuro Kage Black TiNi 50 Stiff Shaft | Wilson Staff FG Tour 3I on Project X 5.5 | Mizuno MP 54 4-PW on Project X 5.5 Stiff Shafts | Mack Daddy 2 56* bent to 54* | Mack Daddy 2 60* bent to 58* | Odyssey Works Metal-X #1 (2013) |

Spare: Big Bertha Mini on Aldila Tour Green Shaft | Great Big Bertha 3W on Fujukura 665 Reg Shaft | Great Big Bertha 5W on Fujukura 665 Reg Shaft | Cally X Forged 13's on Project X PXi 6.0 Steel shafts 3-PW | Mack Daddy 2 Slate S Grind 52* bent to 54* | Mack Daddy 2 Slate S Grind 56* bent to 58* | Odyssey Metal X Milled #1 |

#573 GhettoGolfer

GhettoGolfer

Duke Ghetto Moose

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10397 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 22 August 2016 - 10:42 AM

Another successfully run OOM been and gone again, but never forgotten!

Thanks to team Vic for putting in such a great and consistent show for every single event. Never misses a beat and gets even better with every round that we get together.

Great also to see the usual suspects – all heckling me for being on time (what late? You guys were all still parked in formation!), and was great to share in the festivities in the mess hall afterwards, being regaled with stories of utter shiteness amongst the coulda-beens, and shoulda-beens.

Well done to all the winners – Bully, you never cease to amaze me with your ability to win everything, even the undesirable naga vest.

To my playing group, whilst we didn’t shoot the lights out, we sure didn’t trouble naga either.

Dancer, Mr Moonwalker – slides, dances, hops and skips away from his putts on every hole. Put in a good performance except where the wheels fell off for a few holes. Pretty good game and would expect you in the low 20s pretty soon mate. Outdrove me on a few holes as well!

Muff – when you didn’t get past the ladies’ tee on our first hole, the 14th, and managed to salvage a point with that long bomb putt, I knew we were in for a rocky ride! Your irons were ok, but getting off the tee really impeded your scoring yesterday. You are always dangerous though and you get that feeling that it could come together at any time.

Regarding my game? Lazy 33 points with 2 wipes, both coming in on the 9th and 10th holes.

I 4 putted the 9th for an 8 – wiped the hole, and then followed up on the 10th by putting off the green, and then taking a total of 5 putts for another wipe.

Considering I was putting quite solidly all day, to have to wipe two holes with putter in hand was extremely demoralising. Then I strung 3 pars in a row for 3x3pts and I was back in the hunt. Golf eh? 

Because some idiots complain that my sig is too large:
th_Ghettobanner_zpsik8air89.jpg

Golflink: http://www.golf.org....icap/3013502329

#574 INKY

INKY

Getting laughs somewhere else.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36099 posts
  • LocationOutta here!!!!

Posted 22 August 2016 - 11:24 AM

mooooooose

• GhettoGolfer and Francie like this

#575 Itchy4Scratch

Itchy4Scratch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5918 posts
  • LocationSE Melbourne

Posted 22 August 2016 - 11:32 AM

Thanks for the day guys & girls, in particular Geoff, Dan and Benny in my group.

Congrats to Geoff for winning A Grade, he certainly deserved it with the golf he played. I can only remember him playing 1 bad shot for the day so I now understand where the Metronome nickname comes from.

I thought Benny might have gone a bit better when the scores were added up, the 2 for 4 from the sand on the 3rd was shot of the day in our group, even though we only knew about it because of the applause from the group behind on the tee box. 

Dan was driving the ball well but just couldn't put the points on the board. 

I started poorly, played about 9 holes in the middle alright and fell away at the end. My putting was pretty pathetic at times but I can't complain about getting my name on the Stink/GPJ trophy. Hoping to back it up at The Dunes. 

• Bogey Golfer likes this

#576 RobNewy

RobNewy

Captain Spud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11282 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Posted 22 August 2016 - 12:27 PM

I can only assume you wore a Sherlock Holmes style head piece?

Or a big white straw cowboy hat?

It's awesome.
A dark grey bucket hat with pink red and green flowers on it.

Stylin

#577 Kickithome

Kickithome

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 06:18 PM

Just simply want to say a Big thanks to my playing group Geoff Itchy and Dan for great company and Moonah Legends is one terrific golf course.

• GhettoGolfer, Bogey Golfer and Itchy4Scratch like this

#578 tigertuff

tigertuff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2062 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 22 August 2016 - 08:15 PM

Thanks for another well run and brilliantly organised day gang. I love this course one of my very favourites, actually it is my favourite, Ive played it about half a dozen times now and find i appreciate it that little bit more everytime.

Thanks to my group Carson, Paul & Nick for a fun day. Paul the bandit put on a bit of a clinic - congrats on your first OOM win! Nick was having a tough day at the office early  :lol: but scrambled a few 3 and 4 pointers late to just avoid naga - Carson and myself were a bit up and down, some nice holes and shots played coupled with some....

Unfortunately didnt get a chance to stick around and have a bit of a yarn with some of you, had to head straight home, young one has been sick. See you all or most of you at The Dunes during the Nats

Edited by tigertuff, 22 August 2016 - 08:16 PM.

• iRON MiCK, Goldy and koiom K. Asterisk* like this

#579 *Mouldy

*Mouldy

I'm optimal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18409 posts
  • LocationHotel Shanker Lazimpat, Kathmandu 44600 Nepal

Posted 22 August 2016 - 08:22 PM

A post from Gaz in the Tombstone thread reminded me of something from yesterday.  How good were the short par 4s on the Legends course ?

All of our four really enjoyed those holes yesterday, regardless of scores.  They are well designed providing a challenge to the guns and the choppers.

Great short 4s are an indicator of an architect's skill.  RM, Victoria, Stab have examples of how to design them to please all skill levels.

• Shreksm, tigertuff and Hat_Trick like this
Shanklink

OOM Tour
I am mid table mediocrity !

National Tour
2017 Day 1 winner at Monash CC

Baconwide Tour
Winner 2017 Keysborough Invitational

Choppers Tour
Winner 2014 Ghetto's Placegetter Challenge at Sunshine
Winner 2015 Airy's invitational at Melbourne Airport<p>

#580 Snappy McSnapperton

Snappy McSnapperton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2062 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 02:32 PM

38pts

LH is an oracle!

If I can win an OOM anyone can. 

http://www.golflink....k_no=3012646041

#581 INKY

INKY

Getting laughs somewhere else.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36099 posts
  • LocationOutta here!!!!

Posted 24 August 2016 - 02:35 PM

LH is an oracle!

Some say idiot

Edited by ink, 24 August 2016 - 02:35 PM.

#582 GPJ_Longdriver

GPJ_Longdriver

Long Iron Appreciation Society President.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20104 posts
  • LocationWithin reaching distance of a golf club.

Posted 24 August 2016 - 02:49 PM

LH is an orifice!

Fuxed .... :D

http://www.golf.org....icap/3160102708

Le Hole in 1 (#1) ..... Beaconhills 30/06/2013 6th Hole - Mizuno MP 68 7 iron / TM Lethal ball.
Le Hole in 1 (#2) ...... Beaconhills 09/08/2014 6th Hole - Mizuno MP 68 7 iron / TM Lethal ball.
Le Hole in 1 (#3) ...... Beaconhills 22/02/2015 6th Hole - Mizuno MP 68 7 iron / Titleist NXT Tour ball.

WINS
2012 Rotary Charity Day Dream Team
2013 Cardinia Beaconhills Invitational Classic
2014 Cardinia Beaconhills Invitational Classic
2014 W.A. Invitational Classic (Joondalup)

2015 Cardinia Beaconhills - Captain's Trophy Winner
2016 W.A. Invitational Classic (Albany)
2017 W.A. Invitational Classic (The Cut)
2017 Baconwide Tour 4BBB Flinders -with Chip In King

2018 Coober Pedy Opal Fields Open

2018 Alice Springs Invitational

2019 FNQ Invitational Series
Stink / GPJ Trophy - Lowest Score Off The Stick (OOM's) - Sandhurst, Settlers Run, Growling Frog, Gardiners Run.

President of ISeekGolf - Long Iron Appreciation Society.

Lead proponent for the abolition of Hybrids, G'brids and Rescues
"Caffeine n Darts" - Proud sponsors of GPJ Golfing 2018.

#583 Rusty_Chopper_1984

Rusty_Chopper_1984

The Next Big Thing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11945 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 02:57 PM

LH is an oracle!

Glad someone noticed.😉 Much better than Mouldys across the board predictions.😆
http://www.golflink....k_No=5012901532

2014 C Grade Winner OOM 2 Growling Frog

47 pts 55/40 off 35 at Kooringal Golf Club after shooting 107 first time I played it.

2014 Eagle on 15th par 4 at Rosebud Country Club on North/East.

2015 Eagle 17th hole at Trentham Golf Course.

2015 C Grade Winner 00M 2 Settlers Run

2015 Race to 18 Winner

2015 BHIC shortest Drive winner 61m

2015 Overall C Grade Runner up

Roy McAvoy: Such a pure feeling is the well struck golf shot.

#584 Rusty_Chopper_1984

Rusty_Chopper_1984

The Next Big Thing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11945 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 02:58 PM

Some say idiot

Only you from what I can tell but your opinion is of no bearing. 😀😀😀

47 pts 55/40 off 35 at Kooringal Golf Club after shooting 107 first time I played it.

2015 Race to 18 Winner

#585 Rusty_Chopper_1984

Rusty_Chopper_1984

The Next Big Thing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11945 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 03:01 PM

Fuxed .... :D

Nasal cavity... Ink well we all know does not have to stated.😉😆😀

2015 Race to 18 Winner

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ISG VIC, OOM, MOONAH LEGENDS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users