15 replies to this topic

#1 jeanmc

jeanmc

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12114 posts

Posted 27 August 2002 - 08:20 AM

Was trying to get a Poll to run - but got stuck here, stuck there...it wasnt pretty... :?

anywayz, just tot I'll ask who you think is the current hot young player at the moment...or will be the 'one to watch' in the next couple of years - as ppl start losing interest in watching tiger (yeah right!!!)...

throw a few names up to get the ball running...

Casey, Dougherty, Rose, Garcia, Kuchar, Howell III, Poulter, Scott, Donald...

My pick would go to Rose...classic style of rising from adversity...he's worked his butt off since that Birkdale Open, and two top 10s in his first ever two starts in the US Tour...very classy...my pick for the one to watch...

Would have like to pick Garcia...but...if he's not careful...I think he might be treated like Monty gets treated when he plays in the states...u defn do not want the crowd to go against you...

anywayz...

--
mistake - Rose placed 23rd in the PGA (Scott as well) - I'm pretty sure that Rose only played 2 PGA Tour events this year...

#2 Ben

Ben

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3715 posts

Posted 27 August 2002 - 05:24 PM

Hi think Scott, he's been dominating the Euro tour last year and started again well on it this year, I think he needs to spend 1 or 2 more years on the Euro Tour and then go after the US Tour. I just hope that finally we have a young Aussie that goes on with it!

Cheers

Ben

#3 gooner10

gooner10

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1535 posts

Posted 27 August 2002 - 11:01 PM

Scott, Garcia are my picks...

Rose and Kuchar are great players too. I really like Kuchars style of play...a traditionalist...

I think I'll add Bryce Moulder to that list too!

#4 hind0

hind0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1168 posts

Posted 29 August 2002 - 10:23 AM

Great call Rusty, Bryce Moulder will be huge in the next 3-5 years.

No one's mentioned Ty Tryon or Badds, more talk than game?

Just a plug too for an Aussie golfer by the name of James Nitties. He's from my club (taught him everything he knows :wink: laugh.gif ) but seriously he's at the VIS and could be one of our next great exports in future years.

#5 gooner10

gooner10

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1535 posts

Posted 29 August 2002 - 09:11 PM

Hindo, I play sometimes with his Uncle, top bloke...

I never really did rate Badds, even though he won two Aussies...Remember last year at the ANZ Tour Champ @ the Lakes, watching Badds tee off, he hit an ugly snap hook, low and snapping quick, wasn't pretty to watch!

On the other hand, I wasn't expecting huge things from Ty, but you gotta admit his got a great swing! Maybe its the clubs...

#6 Nussy

Nussy

Suspect

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 August 2002 - 07:50 AM

Judging by the prodigious distances he hits the ball and his rigorous practice regime I would have to nominate Jaster Mereel

#7 miike

miike

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 30 August 2002 - 09:03 AM

Badds is starting to play better golf and he will be back better than before ... (I remember his great shots, not one snap hook)
He's coming out of the same doldrums Justin Rose found himself in, and look how the pommie hits 'em now.
I'm nearly twice Badds's age and if I had half his talent I'd be twice as good a golfer as I wish I was ...anybody work that out?

#8 hind0

hind0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1168 posts

Posted 30 August 2002 - 01:31 PM

I did the maths on it miike and here's how it looks:

M, B, T, W, where M=Miike's age, B=Badds' age, T=talent, W is how good you wish you were

So the equation would thus look something like this:

2M-Bx(T/2)=2W

Hope that helps everybody. laugh.gif

#9 gooner10

gooner10

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1535 posts

Posted 30 August 2002 - 08:04 PM

Wheres Tiger in that equation hindo?

#10 jeanmc

jeanmc

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12114 posts

Posted 30 August 2002 - 08:42 PM

Pardon my ignorance - but I havent seen Molder played b4...so wasnt considered...

as for Badds - my opinion is that he just started he career off all wrong...with the fancy press confernce to announce his swtich to Pro status - btw, Scott just faxed it in - he's got his website up, his own name label, etc etc... just doesnt make sense...

he's obviously got game...no doubt about that...you can't win 2 Opens and an International without one - but the one common factor in those wins were his putting...and as we all know...putting is a very funny part of the game...when you're hot, everything goes in - miss a couple, and it feels like the end of the world...(not too dramatic isit ... smile.gif )

it was good to watch him and sergio go head to head...but i also think sergio's weak...he's trying to live up to his and everyone's lofty expectations, and he shouldn't forget that he's only 22...and he's achieved heaps in that time...just needs to calm down a little...and enjoy it...

anywayz...let's hope Badds does come back...a little humbler and ready to deliver...

-
Should I have included Lornard as well...he's due for a big one soon...you can't play as well as he is now - for 19 straight tournaments without a miss cut - and not be ready to crack thru for one...maybe this week...

#11 Ben

Ben

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3715 posts

Posted 30 August 2002 - 09:40 PM

I think badds biggest problem is his mental side of the game. He has the swing, he's shown that, but I gotta agree, he started it off wrong. Going straight to the US Tour puts a massive ammount of pressure on him, where Scott went over and started in Europe, and what results he's had! I think early on you really need confidence more than any other time, and badds didnt get that over in the US.

Ben

#12 hind0

hind0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1168 posts

Posted 31 August 2002 - 05:40 AM

Wheres Tiger in that equation hindo?

2M-(E/3)x(T/6)=4W where E is Eldrick

#13 Ben

Ben

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3715 posts

Posted 31 August 2002 - 07:27 AM

ahh Hindo... i love it!

#14 gooner10

gooner10

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1535 posts

Posted 01 September 2002 - 04:28 AM

Ahhh good one Hindo!

A player to watch at the moment is Allenby, geez his playing some fearless golf!

#15 miike

miike

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 02 September 2002 - 07:52 AM

Thanks Hindo I just blew up my calculator .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users