Another Two-Ball winner on the tour...

#2 Ben

Ben

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3715 posts

Posted 26 August 2002 - 09:44 PM

Not wrong Rusty.. an awesome week for Aussie golfers! (Karrie also came 3rd)... The best bit was the 1 and 2 (tied) finish I reckon as they wernt playing some country club event, they played the best, and they beat em!

Btw.. give it a few years and I think Adam Scott will be Tigers biggest threat!.

Ben

#3 jeanmc

jeanmc

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12114 posts

Posted 26 August 2002 - 10:05 PM

it was good...too bad Allenby didn win...(big fan of his game play)...I think he needs to get his confidence up and soon, coz he might just fall away if he doesn't close the deal...coz he's 0&2 (yr 2002) after leading 54 holes...not 2 good...

Scott played well...to shoot a course record in the final round whilst leading...very classy...very Tiger like...i still dont understand why he wasnt at the NEC...tho I'm sure he doesnt care now...

too bad Karrie couldn't complete the hat trick - but Pak is too classy a player...karrie's not really on form this year, tho she did win two events...

maybe there is something with the two ball putter, coz even langer is using it now...mum's using it, and she's putting so much better than she was b4...

maybe norman should consider using it as well... biggrin.gif

#4 hind0

hind0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1168 posts

Posted 26 August 2002 - 10:44 PM

And let's not forget that Mark Hensby lost the Permian Basin Open Buy.Com event in a playoff. He was on the green with a 15ft birdie putt and the eventual winner, Tag Ridings, holed out for eagle from 138 yards. 8O

Certainly a tough way to lose.

#5 admin

admin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6360 posts

Posted 27 August 2002 - 12:05 AM

Hi guys,
Let's not forget the Western connection with Kim Felton scoring a top 10 on the Asian PGA Tour this week too and he only blew out the last day with a 74...

Well done to all the Aussies and I bet Craig Parry was glad that Adam Scott wasn't at the NEC this week with the amazing form he was in!

#6 gooner10

gooner10

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1535 posts

Posted 27 August 2002 - 12:18 AM

Mau its funny you should mention Norman should switch to the Two- Ball...

He was using a White Hot earlier this year and he said that he was putting great that week...I bet you Scotty wasn't too impressed!

Well they've released a Belly version and a Broomstick version, whats next? A centre - shaft Two Ball?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users