19 replies to this topic

#1 Ben

Ben

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3715 posts

Posted 25 August 2002 - 01:18 AM

Does anyone beside me think that Normans swing (when looking from behind) is starting to look more like Garry Players? Something about the way he follows through does to me.

Ben

#2 miike

miike

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 30 August 2002 - 09:05 AM

Gary Player's got that ugly walk-through follow through...ugh. Can't see any similarities , sorry.

#3 Ben

Ben

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3715 posts

Posted 30 August 2002 - 04:58 PM

Im sure norman has started doing it smile.gif

#4 chevychase

chevychase

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1165 posts

Posted 05 September 2002 - 10:40 PM

I wish I could play as well as Gary Player. I followed him around the Lakes a few years ago when he was paired with Baddeley. He shot 74 (one over) and he was in his 60's! He talked to the gallery, he was a true gentleman. I wouldn't mind a swing like Norman's either, however the best swing on tour is Retief Goosen's.

#5 hind0

hind0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1168 posts

Posted 05 September 2002 - 11:35 PM

Anyone know what drill Norman is working on when he tucks that right elbow in all the time? I only noticed him doing that in the last couple of months.

#6 gooner10

gooner10

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1535 posts

Posted 06 September 2002 - 12:36 AM

Might be the Vijay Singh headcover one or the Towel drill...

#7 ucrgolf

ucrgolf

Suspect

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 September 2002 - 03:21 PM

normans swing is falling apart, the drill he is working on is called, i will try anything to fix my hideous game...he is not the same golfer anymore, he can not win...he is a great guy, wonderful for the game of golf, he is definately a fantastic role model..very top class...after all he did raise the bar of competition during his peak years...however, its time for him to hang up the sticks, and just focus on his course architecture and his winery...

#8 gooner10

gooner10

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1535 posts

Posted 07 September 2002 - 06:24 PM

I wouldn't say Normans swing is falling apart, his trying out new things, making adjustments as Nicklaus called it...

I think Normans got a couple more tournie wins in him, if his putting holds up, maybe one more Masters in him...

But he'll have fun on the Seniors Tour for sure!, no Tiger!

#9 miike

miike

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 07 September 2002 - 08:49 PM

ucrgolf, I think you're being a bit harsh there. To me, Norman's swing is looking as good as it ever did. He is still in contention here and there...just wait he'll win again.
And I hope I'm in as good condition as he is when I'm in my mid 40's. Damn he looks fit.

#10 gripitandripit

gripitandripit

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 07 September 2002 - 10:47 PM

I Agree
Greg is still a great golfer, sure noone expects him to excel but I believe he still generates a feeling of greatness that he truely deserves. A person who was number one in the world for so long can never be called finished

"hideous game" WOW great comment :roll:

#11 ucrgolf

ucrgolf

Suspect

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 September 2002 - 01:51 AM

\"hideous game\"  WOW  great comment :roll:

so i went a little bit over the top...i apologize.
i will be the first to admit, as i already have...as a norman fan, i am bit dissapointed with his play over the last couple of years...
and miike i am definately along side you in hoping that he wins again..he played well at the International recently, and lets just hope his good play continues...

#12 cazandpaul

cazandpaul

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 10 September 2002 - 04:22 PM

The Shark has caused all Australian golf fans more heartache than you could imagine yet he remains a champion in all our eyes.

May he continue to play forever.

Paul

#13 hind0

hind0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1168 posts

Posted 10 September 2002 - 08:15 PM

Here's the deal with Greg:

* He's 47
* He's had major shoulder surgery
* He has a huge business empire which takes up major chunks of time
* He has other personal interests outside of golf (fishing, family etc)

so it's hardly surprising that he is not as competitive as he once was. Look at some other guys his age - Curtis Strange, Larry Mize, Corey Pavin - they hardly ever make a cut these days let alone an impression.

The fact that Greg can still finish inside the Top 20 of tournaments is surely testament to his ability. I believe if he focuses wholly on golf for 6-12 months then he will win again, though I doubt it will be The Masters Rusty.

#14 hind0

hind0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1168 posts

Posted 11 September 2002 - 01:26 AM

And now Greg can play anytime on the US PGA Tour thanks to the new ruling which counts his 2 British Open wins as PGA Tour victories, making his total 20 and entitling him to lifetime exemption.

#15 miike

miike

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 11 September 2002 - 09:01 AM

COOL, that means Ian Baker-Finch can play too...ok stop laughing now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users