427 replies to this topic

#421 The Robinator

The Robinator

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3025 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 05:57 AM

Why can't we give the oompa loompas jobs as ball spotters? Would save heaps of time and they haven't had any work since old man Wonka closed his factory. Again with the oompa loompas Robinator?

Edited by The Robinator, 20 May 2016 - 05:57 AM.

#422 Weetbix

Weetbix

Par in my sight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 43505 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 20 May 2016 - 06:51 AM

Why can't we give the oompa loompas jobs as ball spotters? Would save heaps of time and they haven't had any work since old man Wonka closed his factory. Again with the oompa loompas Robinator?

I'm thinking that as well as IDAHOT we may need to add OL for you Rob?

Handicap
Best result: 2 over 74 at Hills International on 13 Feb 2016
Eagles: 21/10/16 17th Keysborough, 24/10/16 18th Woodlands, 15/4/18 16th Carbrook
Goal: A round at par or better!
Brisbane Fairways 2015 Club Champion

2018 Nationals 4BBB Champion with Commish
Winner: 2015 Nationals day 5 round at Links Hope Island
Winner: 2016 Nationals day 5 round at Woodlands
Winner: 2017 Nationals day 5 round at Bonnie Doon

​Winner: 2018 Nationals day 2 round at Kooralbyn

​Winner: 2018 Nationals day 3 round at Sanctuary Cove Pines
South East Queensland Golf Group - Treasurer
http://www.brisbanef...ssocialgolf.com - Treasurer

#423 Rusty_Chopper_1984

Rusty_Chopper_1984

The Next Big Thing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11944 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 08:51 AM

I thought Charlie Bucket took over?
  • BumpunGrind likes this
http://www.golflink....k_No=5012901532

2014 C Grade Winner OOM 2 Growling Frog

47 pts 55/40 off 35 at Kooringal Golf Club after shooting 107 first time I played it.

2014 Eagle on 15th par 4 at Rosebud Country Club on North/East.

2015 Eagle 17th hole at Trentham Golf Course.

2015 C Grade Winner 00M 2 Settlers Run

2015 Race to 18 Winner

2015 BHIC shortest Drive winner 61m

2015 Overall C Grade Runner up

Roy McAvoy: Such a pure feeling is the well struck golf shot.

#424 KEG

KEG

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1024 posts
  • LocationLeicester City

Posted 20 May 2016 - 06:57 PM

really? a 3.5 hour round in pennant is slow?

Yeah I recon, for 2 players to take 3&1/2 hours to play 18 holes especially when on 2 holes the hole was conceded before we even got onto the green. The group in from never held us up and were at least a hole ahead when their game finished and the group behind waited every shot.

Edited by Notupnotin, 20 May 2016 - 06:59 PM.

-2015 ISG Vic OOM#1 GROWLING FROG "B" Grade & Overall Winner
-2016 Team Winner of the Vincent Cup @ Barwon Heads
-2017 ISG Vic OOM#1 GROWLING FROG "B" Grade Winner & N/P
-2017 GDGA Div 5 Pennant Winners (Winchelsea)
-2018 ISG Vic OOM#1 GROWLING FROG "A" Grade Winner

-2019 Team Winner Barwon Cup @ Barwon Heads

-2019 A Grade 27 hole Nett Winner Geelong GC Open
Single figures reached(9.5) on 28//8/2016
Lowest H/C 5.3  on 22/09/19
PB Round 69/7/62!! (16/3/19) Winchelsea par 69
PB Round 76/11/65 (14/7/18) Curlewis par 72
2018 Nationals Putting God!!😎👊
http://www.golflink....49&dt=1&skip=1#<p><p>https://www.gamegolf.../player/keggolf

#425 KEG

KEG

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1024 posts
  • LocationLeicester City

Posted 20 May 2016 - 07:00 PM

3.5 hour pennant game if you both are walking is reasonable. But for someone to take 6 practice swings would test your patience if you have to wait before approaching your ball.

That's it I couldn't go near my ball if I was in eye shot for him.

-2015 ISG Vic OOM#1 GROWLING FROG "B" Grade & Overall Winner
-2016 Team Winner of the Vincent Cup @ Barwon Heads
-2017 ISG Vic OOM#1 GROWLING FROG "B" Grade Winner & N/P
-2017 GDGA Div 5 Pennant Winners (Winchelsea)
-2018 ISG Vic OOM#1 GROWLING FROG "A" Grade Winner

-2019 Team Winner Barwon Cup @ Barwon Heads

-2019 A Grade 27 hole Nett Winner Geelong GC Open
Single figures reached(9.5) on 28//8/2016
Lowest H/C 5.3  on 22/09/19
PB Round 69/7/62!! (16/3/19) Winchelsea par 69
PB Round 76/11/65 (14/7/18) Curlewis par 72
2018 Nationals Putting God!!😎👊
http://www.golflink....49&dt=1&skip=1#<p><p>https://www.gamegolf.../player/keggolf

#426 Parmachine

Parmachine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 09:03 AM

I had a bad experience with slow play yesterday at Woodlands.

Now I get moving - if you ever play with me you might see me already at the green when you're still playing your approach 100m away :lol: . I want to get around, but not at the expense of being able to properly line up my shot. If I'm not in anyone's way I play, no matter how far ahead I am. If I'm ever not ready to putt, I call my playing partner up to putt first.

My group yesterday was right behind the group in front for about 6 holes. We had a 10 minute wait on the first par 3 and by the time we were able to play and got to the green, there were 2 groups behind us waiting on the tee.

A couple of my playing partners had a rough hole on the 6th and fell perhaps half a hole behind going down the 7th (we just teed off when the group ahead was putting out). Anyway I was at least 80m ahead of my playing partners looking for my ball which I hooked left, when a bloke from 2 groups behind said to me "Can you hurry up a bit?"

Needless to say I was gobsmacked and incensed over his inference on our slow play and I retaliated that the group ahead of us had only just cleared the green. He shot back and said they're more than a hole ahead (nonsense), and that we held up 2 groups on the earlier par 3 (clearly not our fault). I simply said "Mate you're full of crap" and stormed off.

It took us one hole to be back on the tail of the group in front. By the 12th tee, the group in front were only 100m ahead of us. The 10th tee was behind and I was looking for the bloke described earlier to ask him "Hey mate, you want us to hurry up a bit?" But for my good, it appeared his group only played 9! :lol:

Fortunately I'm not a member at Woodlands and I'm not planning to go back in the short term, so I don't have to confront this bloke who was clearly out of line and probably hasn't been to the toilet in 2 weeks (he was full of crap after all). But the point of my story is that if you are doing all you can to speed up, don't let people like this bloke get stuck into you.

• ozdevil and kevin123 like this

#427 Nick_Thepom

Nick_Thepom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 01:00 PM

A couple of my playing partners had a rough hole on the 6th and fell perhaps half a hole behind going down the 7th (we just teed off when the group ahead was putting out). Anyway I was at least 80m ahead of my playing partners looking for my ball which I hooked left, when a bloke from 2 groups behind said to me "Can you hurry up a bit?"

Needless to say I was gobsmacked and incensed over his inference on our slow play and I retaliated that the group ahead of us had only just cleared the green. He shot back and said they're more than a hole ahead (nonsense), and that we held up 2 groups on the earlier par 3 (clearly not our fault). I simply said "Mate you're full of crap" and stormed off.

Reminds me of a time I was at Corowa, group ahead was on a par 3 and we were putting out on the hole behind. Group behind us could not see the par 3 hole and I assume thought we were time wasting by loitering between the green and par 3 tee off area. Except the clown shouting at us for slow play used a few more choice words than "hurry up a bit". One of my playing group wanted to go down and have a conversation with the complainant and had to be physically be restrained by myself and another of our group!

• Parmachine likes this

#428 golfguy33

golfguy33

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3788 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 04:16 PM

Parmachine you say that on the 7th you were half a hole behind and caught up on the 12th to be only 100 metres behind, that's 4 holes ( 8,9,10 and 11 ) Mondays are traditionally the geriatrics day and most of the field is over 70 years old. A better way to have handled the situation would have been to speak to the manager after your round if you were so aggrieved by the circumstances. Hopefully if you get to play at Woodlands again it will be a better result with regards to the speed of play and the demeanor of others on the course. Not sure if your application would go thru !
Jon...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: slow play, improvement, pre shot, awareness, advice

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users