21 replies to this topic

#16 honma boy

honma boy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 01:08 PM

Now you need to give up the cold turkey!

nah...........luv ma turkey............gave up sex to.............had no say in that one bwaahaa

• CaNadiAn MiCk likes this

#17 CaNadiAn MiCk

CaNadiAn MiCk

Head of the asylum

• Administrators
  • 16531 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 03:38 PM

nah...........luv ma turkey............gave up sex to.............had no say in that one bwaahaa

Hopefully the hot kind not the cold kind!

• honma boy likes this

Join iseekgolf.com on Facebook

Follow iseekgolf.com on Twitter

For golf industry news.

Handicap

#18 sportshypnotist

sportshypnotist

Suspect

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 08:35 PM

Thanks so much for all the interest and sharing. I will do my best to answer as much as I can, but it may take a bit of time.

@ toe Hakka: yes that is one aspect that hypnosis can be used. In fact it is called anchoring (part of the NLP technique). Hypnosis does a bit more by alter a person state so that his senses can be heighten and more subconscious movement rather than conscious movement

#19 norfolk53golf

norfolk53golf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 06:23 AM

Hi Jafflemaker, as with any medical treatment it is essential to obtain a full history including your life successes to ensure that you can reinforce the positive. As with any therapy it does not work for everyone, but by obtaining that history we can reasonably determine if the treatment may be successful. You are correct in that the person must want to give up.

#20 jafflemaker

jafflemaker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3625 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 09:02 AM

I must say if I could cherry pick my patients norfolk, my efficacy would be much higher than it is now :) I am sorry but I believe you may also sell snake oil. 

• Tolmij likes this

#21 sportshypnotist

sportshypnotist

Suspect

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 10:35 PM

Mouldy: golf is a sport in which you need to clear your mind for each shot , in such a way that whatever happens on the previous shot does not affect you for the next. What it means is your ability to stay in the moment and quiet your conscious mind which will give you a lot of reasons and doubt.

One thing about hypnosis is that it is similar to a combination of a few technique: mindfulness, meditation, relaxation, visualization. When in trance a person's subconscious mind takes over the control, which allow a person to perform exactly the same way that he has trained before. (the conscious mind which is the critical and judgmental part is bypassed and hence you would not be concern about past failure or future success or achievement. It is all in the here and now.

As a sport psychology consultant, I think your issue don't necessary have to be dealt with by hypnosis , but rather emotional and state control technique. Hypnosis is one of the preferred way for me only it because I think it is more effective and more long lasting when it is done properly. Of course other psych method can be useful too.

• *Mouldy likes this

#22 sportshypnotist

sportshypnotist

Suspect

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 10:42 PM

jafflemaker: you have a point about giving up smoking. When we do with weight loss or stop smoking client, there is a thing call "level of readiness to change". if the person is not high on this, what we can do is to help them enhance their motivation to change. Only then any therapy work will help.

If a person is forced to change (for whatever reason), he won't make a long lasting effect. I personally think hypnotherapy works. It may not work in some case because the particular hypnotherapist used technique that may not be suitable for the client at that point in time. Or there is no rapport between therapist and client... Hypnotherapy is one type of therapy which has certain success rate , but not necessary 100% success. That is why we sometimes also test the hypnotizability of a client to see how much can he/she follow suggestion in hypnosis

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: golf, hypnosis, performance, putt, enhancement, hypnotherapy, psychology

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users