• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11945 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 08:20 PM

Cool Rob, I'll have them with me

Cheers.:-)
http://www.golflink....k_No=5012901532

2014 C Grade Winner OOM 2 Growling Frog

47 pts 55/40 off 35 at Kooringal Golf Club after shooting 107 first time I played it.

2014 Eagle on 15th par 4 at Rosebud Country Club on North/East.

2015 Eagle 17th hole at Trentham Golf Course.

2015 C Grade Winner 00M 2 Settlers Run

2015 Race to 18 Winner

2015 BHIC shortest Drive winner 61m

2015 Overall C Grade Runner up

Roy McAvoy: Such a pure feeling is the well struck golf shot.

#122 INKY

INKY

Getting laughs somewhere else.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36099 posts
  • LocationOutta here!!!!

Posted 08 April 2015 - 08:42 AM

Anyone coming to the Settlers OOM that might want to purchase a couple of dozen unused Chrome soft from me?

Inky - I'm looking in your direction....

I'm not at Settlers, plus I have a preference to the SR2 and SuperSofts...

#123 KEG

KEG

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1024 posts
  • LocationLeicester City

Posted 08 April 2015 - 10:11 AM

Anyone coming to the Settlers OOM that might want to purchase a couple of dozen unused Chrome soft from me?

I love the feel off the club face but my approach shots aren't stopping quite as quickly as I'd like.

I'll take $30 per dozen, OOM customers only, I can't be shagg?ed shipping them

Ill take a doz if you still have them, the white ones yeah?

-2015 ISG Vic OOM#1 GROWLING FROG "B" Grade & Overall Winner
-2016 Team Winner of the Vincent Cup @ Barwon Heads
-2017 ISG Vic OOM#1 GROWLING FROG "B" Grade Winner & N/P
-2017 GDGA Div 5 Pennant Winners (Winchelsea)
-2018 ISG Vic OOM#1 GROWLING FROG "A" Grade Winner

-2019 Team Winner Barwon Cup @ Barwon Heads

-2019 A Grade 27 hole Nett Winner Geelong GC Open
Single figures reached(9.5) on 28//8/2016
Lowest H/C 5.3  on 22/09/19
PB Round 69/7/62!! (16/3/19) Winchelsea par 69
PB Round 76/11/65 (14/7/18) Curlewis par 72
2018 Nationals Putting God!!😎👊
http://www.golflink....49&dt=1&skip=1#<p><p>https://www.gamegolf.../player/keggolf

#124 koiom K. Asterisk*

koiom K. Asterisk*

I got this

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12273 posts
  • LocationJDM heaven

Posted 08 April 2015 - 10:31 AM

Ill take a doz if you still have them, the white ones yeah?

They are indeed white.

This will be an easy transaction given you, LH and I are all in the same group :)

• KEG and Rusty_Chopper_1984 like this
http://www.golf.org....icap/3011891841

2014 Heritage OOM#3 A Grade Winner
2014 Bendigo Slog Pairs Winner with Ghetto
2014 Vic ISG Matchplay Runner Up
2015 Vic ISG Matchplay Semi Finalist
2016 Keysborough GC April Medal Winner
2016 ISG Race to 6 Winner
2017 Torquay OOM#3 A Grade Winner
2017 Overall A Grade OOM Winner
2017 Vic ISG Goldy Trophy Runner Up
2018 Bacon Wide Tour Keysie Invitational Winner
2018 ISG National Champion*
2018 Stink/GPJ Trophy Winner Gardiners Run OOM
Have never been beaten by Mick off the stick

#125 KEG

KEG

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1024 posts
  • LocationLeicester City

Posted 08 April 2015 - 10:52 AM

They are indeed white.

This will be an easy transaction given you, LH and I are all in the same group :)

See you on the 10th Tee

• koiom K. Asterisk* likes this

-2015 ISG Vic OOM#1 GROWLING FROG "B" Grade & Overall Winner
-2016 Team Winner of the Vincent Cup @ Barwon Heads
-2017 ISG Vic OOM#1 GROWLING FROG "B" Grade Winner & N/P
-2017 GDGA Div 5 Pennant Winners (Winchelsea)
-2018 ISG Vic OOM#1 GROWLING FROG "A" Grade Winner

-2019 Team Winner Barwon Cup @ Barwon Heads

-2019 A Grade 27 hole Nett Winner Geelong GC Open
Single figures reached(9.5) on 28//8/2016
Lowest H/C 5.3  on 22/09/19
PB Round 69/7/62!! (16/3/19) Winchelsea par 69
PB Round 76/11/65 (14/7/18) Curlewis par 72
2018 Nationals Putting God!!😎👊
http://www.golflink....49&dt=1&skip=1#<p><p>https://www.gamegolf.../player/keggolf

#126 *Mouldy

*Mouldy

I'm optimal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18409 posts
  • LocationHotel Shanker Lazimpat, Kathmandu 44600 Nepal

Posted 09 June 2015 - 06:54 PM

I love the feel off the club face but my approach shots aren't stopping quite as quickly as I'd like.

I'll take $30 per dozen, OOM customers only, I can't be shagged shipping them

Having hit Bob how do you think the Chrome Soft compares ?  Especially interested in your thoughts on full irons shots.

Shanklink

OOM Tour
I am mid table mediocrity !

National Tour
2017 Day 1 winner at Monash CC

Baconwide Tour
Winner 2017 Keysborough Invitational

Choppers Tour
Winner 2014 Ghetto's Placegetter Challenge at Sunshine
Winner 2015 Airy's invitational at Melbourne Airport<p>

#127 koiom K. Asterisk*

koiom K. Asterisk*

I got this

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12273 posts
  • LocationJDM heaven

Posted 09 June 2015 - 08:22 PM

Having hit Bob how do you think the Chrome Soft compares ?  Especially interested in your thoughts on full irons shots.

I really liked the feel of the Cally off the club face.
To me they felt softer than Bob.
I just found they released too much on approach shots.
The TM Tour Preferred wins hands down in the stopping power stakes in my experience.

Probably can't give an apples to apples comparison with Bob in terms of stopping power though as I was using the Cally ball a few months back.
  • *Mouldy and Weetbix like this
http://www.golf.org....icap/3011891841

2014 Heritage OOM#3 A Grade Winner
2014 Bendigo Slog Pairs Winner with Ghetto
2014 Vic ISG Matchplay Runner Up
2015 Vic ISG Matchplay Semi Finalist
2016 Keysborough GC April Medal Winner
2016 ISG Race to 6 Winner
2017 Torquay OOM#3 A Grade Winner
2017 Overall A Grade OOM Winner
2017 Vic ISG Goldy Trophy Runner Up
2018 Bacon Wide Tour Keysie Invitational Winner
2018 ISG National Champion*
2018 Stink/GPJ Trophy Winner Gardiners Run OOM
Have never been beaten by Mick off the stick

#128 INKY

INKY

Getting laughs somewhere else.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36099 posts
  • LocationOutta here!!!!

Posted 10 June 2015 - 09:14 AM

Mouldy,

BoB is a great ball to putt with. With irons it does release more than the CS.

For some reason I don't like the CS..I put it in the same zone as the SR1...

I ended up preferring the SR2 and SuperSoft..

I did the same thing and got a few sleeves, tried them out and see which I preferred.

Also tried the Wilsons FG's, Bridgestone R's and a few others

#129 SirTop

SirTop

Jedi Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2734 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 10 June 2015 - 12:19 PM

Sounds like mixed feelings with these, mainly around stopping power on the greens?

I got a call from Golflink then, I won two dozen for these for doing well last month in the Lexus Cup, so they're on the way. Looking forward to trying them just for the hell of it, and seeing how they compare to Bob

Edited by SirTop, 10 June 2015 - 12:19 PM.

Back on the rebound

Goals for 2016:

• Single figures by 2077 (current 10.1) damn chopper

• Single figures (official GA) finally!! 9.4

What’s in the Bag?:

• Nike Covert 2 - with stock stiff
  • Taylormade UDI ... 3 iron back in the bag 
  • Cobra Fly Z 3/4
  • Mizuno JPX 825 pro 4-pw with KBS Tour Shafts
  • Cleveland RTX 588 tour wedge - 58 wedge bent to 60 degree
  • Mizuno MP T4 - 50 degree and 56 degree wedges
  • Taylormade spider putter
  • Clickgear buggy
  • Ball :
  • Vision 808 Pro Soft
  • Titleist NXT Tour 

Red = new / changes to set up

Achievements:

- GA in single figures finally!

#130 Joe79

Joe79

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3052 posts
  • LocationVic (Metro North)

Posted 10 June 2015 - 01:09 PM

I find these balls to be the bees knees for me.

In the wind they didn't seem to be affected a lot by them.In terms of flight and off the face of the iron and so on, I have found them to be perfect for me. I like a high flight iron and the ball suits this as well.

I can control the ball (most of the times) and know what I am going to get from the ball when I hit a certain shot. Those that are saying they release and roll out on mid and low iron shots probably aren't imparting enough spin onto the ball.

I find these do spin a lot off my Pitching wedge and wedges(Mack Daddy) in pitch or full swing and depending on the steepness you come in on them will depend on how much spin is imparted onto the ball. I tend to swing steepish with my mid and low irons and why I struggle with long irons.

On the weekend just past, I managed to spin the ball backwards about 3 to 6 feet on average and starting to learn to hit past the pin and roll it back too it. Hell I even had 1 roll back up a semi-slight hill about 2 feet I think it was (Kiwi will have to confirm how far it was). I find 1 hop then spins back.

Chipping the ball reacts depending on the chip style you incorporate. I can chip and release or chip and stop depending on the action I use and stance I take.

In terms of feel off the clubs they are soft and do feel marshmallowy so you do lose the feeling and sound of impact on the face. After a few weeks\month you do find your feel adjusts and you use feel more to know where it has hit. Putter is interesting. Those with milled have found they come off the face normally, those with inserts have found they do get a bit springy but once adjusted find they don't have to hit the ball to get them going.

In terms of the Super soft to the chrome soft, I can't say the major differences but all up they both played about the same and felt the same and reacted the same. The only thing I don't know is spin as when I was playing the SS I wasn't imparting spin onto balls then (Only learnt how to do this recently) so cant say how they react either.

If you are a sweeper(which I started off originally the first time I played this ball) then you may find this ball releases a lot to the hole and play short and allow the release might be something to consider.

If you are a picker (small shallow divot) then you might find this ball does the 1 hop and stop for you.

If you are a semi to normal digger then you will find this ball spins back for you as I have found and is what I am now.

For a $40 - $45 "Tour" ball I cant complain being I can get this ball to do what I want when I swing the club right and get the right swing on it.

I will say this, every one who has played either this ball or the super soft has had different experiences. It will come down to how you play and what your swing type above is like and then what your real life experiences are. Do not go out with 1 round and play this ball to see how it responds, give it a solid month if not 6 weeks to see how it plays and if you like it or not.

Edited by Joe79, 10 June 2015 - 01:10 PM.

• INKY, KEG and SirTop like this
OOM 4 2017 Moonah Open C Grade and Overall Winner - 39pts
OOM 1 2018 Growling Frog B Grade and Overall Winner - 40pts

Cap: 15.4 Gamegolf

WITB:
Primary: X2 Hot Pro 8.5 on Kuro Kage Silver TiNi Stiff | Big Bertha 3W on Kuro Kage Black TiNi 50 Stiff Shaft | Big Bertha 5W on Kuro Kage Black TiNi 50 Stiff Shaft | Wilson Staff FG Tour 3I on Project X 5.5 | Mizuno MP 54 4-PW on Project X 5.5 Stiff Shafts | Mack Daddy 2 56* bent to 54* | Mack Daddy 2 60* bent to 58* | Odyssey Works Metal-X #1 (2013) |

Spare: Big Bertha Mini on Aldila Tour Green Shaft | Great Big Bertha 3W on Fujukura 665 Reg Shaft | Great Big Bertha 5W on Fujukura 665 Reg Shaft | Cally X Forged 13's on Project X PXi 6.0 Steel shafts 3-PW | Mack Daddy 2 Slate S Grind 52* bent to 54* | Mack Daddy 2 Slate S Grind 56* bent to 58* | Odyssey Metal X Milled #1 |

#131 SirTop

SirTop

Jedi Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2734 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 10 June 2015 - 04:31 PM

I find these balls to be the bees knees for me.

In the wind they didn't seem to be affected a lot by them.In terms of flight and off the face of the iron and so on, I have found them to be perfect for me. I like a high flight iron and the ball suits this as well.

I can control the ball (most of the times) and know what I am going to get from the ball when I hit a certain shot. Those that are saying they release and roll out on mid and low iron shots probably aren't imparting enough spin onto the ball.

I find these do spin a lot off my Pitching wedge and wedges(Mack Daddy) in pitch or full swing and depending on the steepness you come in on them will depend on how much spin is imparted onto the ball. I tend to swing steepish with my mid and low irons and why I struggle with long irons.

On the weekend just past, I managed to spin the ball backwards about 3 to 6 feet on average and starting to learn to hit past the pin and roll it back too it. Hell I even had 1 roll back up a semi-slight hill about 2 feet I think it was (Kiwi will have to confirm how far it was). I find 1 hop then spins back.

Chipping the ball reacts depending on the chip style you incorporate. I can chip and release or chip and stop depending on the action I use and stance I take.

In terms of feel off the clubs they are soft and do feel marshmallowy so you do lose the feeling and sound of impact on the face. After a few weeks\month you do find your feel adjusts and you use feel more to know where it has hit. Putter is interesting. Those with milled have found they come off the face normally, those with inserts have found they do get a bit springy but once adjusted find they don't have to hit the ball to get them going.

In terms of the Super soft to the chrome soft, I can't say the major differences but all up they both played about the same and felt the same and reacted the same. The only thing I don't know is spin as when I was playing the SS I wasn't imparting spin onto balls then (Only learnt how to do this recently) so cant say how they react either.

If you are a sweeper(which I started off originally the first time I played this ball) then you may find this ball releases a lot to the hole and play short and allow the release might be something to consider.

If you are a picker (small shallow divot) then you might find this ball does the 1 hop and stop for you.

If you are a semi to normal digger then you will find this ball spins back for you as I have found and is what I am now.

For a $40 - $45 "Tour" ball I cant complain being I can get this ball to do what I want when I swing the club right and get the right swing on it.

I will say this, every one who has played either this ball or the super soft has had different experiences. It will come down to how you play and what your swing type above is like and then what your real life experiences are. Do not go out with 1 round and play this ball to see how it responds, give it a solid month if not 6 weeks to see how it plays and if you like it or not.

Thanks Joe for the feedback, I'm looking forward to trying them out.

I take a shallow divot now and the ball tends to drop and stop or pull back a little, with only longer irons running on when they hit the green usually.

Be keen to see if I can improve on getting them to pull back on demand more
  • Joe79 likes this

Back on the rebound

Goals for 2016:

• Single figures by 2077 (current 10.1) damn chopper

• Single figures (official GA) finally!! 9.4

What’s in the Bag?:

• Nike Covert 2 - with stock stiff
  • Taylormade UDI ... 3 iron back in the bag 
  • Cobra Fly Z 3/4
  • Mizuno JPX 825 pro 4-pw with KBS Tour Shafts
  • Cleveland RTX 588 tour wedge - 58 wedge bent to 60 degree
  • Mizuno MP T4 - 50 degree and 56 degree wedges
  • Taylormade spider putter
  • Clickgear buggy
  • Ball :
  • Vision 808 Pro Soft
  • Titleist NXT Tour 

Red = new / changes to set up

Achievements:

- GA in single figures finally!

#132 FairwayBomber

FairwayBomber

Just one more putt...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1461 posts

Posted 21 June 2015 - 04:50 PM

With the cold mornings we are now having in melbourne, i thought i would give the Chrome Soft another try. I am currently using the Top Flite Gamer V2 and these are a noticeably softer off the clubface. Great when you hit them thin...

Having used these for the last few weeks, I thought I would share some of my observations. Distance wise, the CS are very good, especially the irons. Similar to the Gamer V2, but with better greenside spin. Not up to the ProV levels, but a nice balance. Off full swings, it stops (and spins back a bit) with 9 iron downwards. The lower lofted irons tend to hop once, and stop.

Compared to other urethane covered golf balls, the durability of the CS is similar. No better, but certainly no worse. No problem lasting a full round. 

The feel is very good off a metal/milled putter. Works great on fast greens. For $40 a dozen, they are pretty pricey, but once they drop in price, i might stock up on a few.

• *Mouldy and Rusty_Chopper_1984 like this

No one tells my caddy Kiwi that he is a f#$%^*g pr1ck!!

#133 Joe79

Joe79

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3052 posts
  • LocationVic (Metro North)

Posted 05 August 2015 - 12:29 PM

http://www.callawayg...015-truvis.html

"Chrome Soft with Truvis Technology has the SoftFast Core, low compression and a Truvis pattern that maximizes your view of the golf ball."

Interesting.... Not sure if I want to try it or not lol

balls-2015-truvis____1.png?sfrm=png&sw=5

OOM 4 2017 Moonah Open C Grade and Overall Winner - 39pts
OOM 1 2018 Growling Frog B Grade and Overall Winner - 40pts

Cap: 15.4 Gamegolf

WITB:
Primary: X2 Hot Pro 8.5 on Kuro Kage Silver TiNi Stiff | Big Bertha 3W on Kuro Kage Black TiNi 50 Stiff Shaft | Big Bertha 5W on Kuro Kage Black TiNi 50 Stiff Shaft | Wilson Staff FG Tour 3I on Project X 5.5 | Mizuno MP 54 4-PW on Project X 5.5 Stiff Shafts | Mack Daddy 2 56* bent to 54* | Mack Daddy 2 60* bent to 58* | Odyssey Works Metal-X #1 (2013) |

Spare: Big Bertha Mini on Aldila Tour Green Shaft | Great Big Bertha 3W on Fujukura 665 Reg Shaft | Great Big Bertha 5W on Fujukura 665 Reg Shaft | Cally X Forged 13's on Project X PXi 6.0 Steel shafts 3-PW | Mack Daddy 2 Slate S Grind 52* bent to 54* | Mack Daddy 2 Slate S Grind 56* bent to 58* | Odyssey Metal X Milled #1 |

#134 Toph

Toph

No golf allowed

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5810 posts
  • LocationProbably at work

Posted 05 August 2015 - 01:22 PM

Havnt they just made it look like a soccer ball and then come up with a BS excuse?
  • 2Putts likes this
http://www.golf.org....icap/4070201550
What can possibly go wrong?

#135 2Putts

2Putts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9877 posts
  • LocationAs Above

Posted 05 August 2015 - 01:23 PM

Havnt they just made it look like a soccer ball and then come up with a BS excuse?

...work experience kid had a brain snap and "marketing" saw an opportunity :P

• INKY likes this

If your dad doesn't have a beard then you've got two mums ....

https://www.golf.org...icap/2121701916

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: golf ball, chrome, callaway

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users