#136 Joe79

Joe79

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3052 posts
  • LocationVic (Metro North)

Posted 05 August 2015 - 01:36 PM

Havnt they just made it look like a soccer ball and then come up with a BS excuse?

Apparently been around since 09....

http://www.todaysgol...ate_Window_Sale

OOM 4 2017 Moonah Open C Grade and Overall Winner - 39pts
OOM 1 2018 Growling Frog B Grade and Overall Winner - 40pts

Cap: 15.4 Gamegolf

WITB:
Primary: X2 Hot Pro 8.5 on Kuro Kage Silver TiNi Stiff | Big Bertha 3W on Kuro Kage Black TiNi 50 Stiff Shaft | Big Bertha 5W on Kuro Kage Black TiNi 50 Stiff Shaft | Wilson Staff FG Tour 3I on Project X 5.5 | Mizuno MP 54 4-PW on Project X 5.5 Stiff Shafts | Mack Daddy 2 56* bent to 54* | Mack Daddy 2 60* bent to 58* | Odyssey Works Metal-X #1 (2013) |

Spare: Big Bertha Mini on Aldila Tour Green Shaft | Great Big Bertha 3W on Fujukura 665 Reg Shaft | Great Big Bertha 5W on Fujukura 665 Reg Shaft | Cally X Forged 13's on Project X PXi 6.0 Steel shafts 3-PW | Mack Daddy 2 Slate S Grind 52* bent to 54* | Mack Daddy 2 Slate S Grind 56* bent to 58* | Odyssey Metal X Milled #1 |

#137 djcraig

djcraig

Both short & long

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 10:36 PM

Heads up..... apparently theres a 'TOUR' version of the chrome soft on its way .... sometime in the near or not so near future.
Also received an email yesterday and within there was mention of the new "CHROME SPEED" ball, said aformentioned email:

The Callaway Chrome Soft changed the golf ball game and the the Chrome Speed takes it a step further with an additional piece (4-Piece).  The Chrome Speed boasts a 1.480" solid core, a softer 56D ionomer inner mantle, a firm 65D ionomer outer mantle and a 93 Shore A TPU composition cover Hit longer and more accurately than you ever have!

Boom

You might feel like your swing looks like an elegant swan floating on a calm lake with the sun glistening down and creating beautiful light reflections on the water,

But it more than likely looks like a drowning elephant.

#138 Joe79

Joe79

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3052 posts
  • LocationVic (Metro North)

Posted 31 August 2015 - 08:30 AM

I thought I read on WRX that the chrome speed was supposed to be released just after the Soft but they didn't because the Soft was so popular so they didn't bother. (Ended up seeling them for $20 a doz in the US via 1 shop online only).

I read about the tour version of Soft some time ago and if it is that much better than the soft then it will be going in the bag as a trail against the soft. Apparently the tour guys have been playing it most of this year so have been hanging fo rit!

OOM 4 2017 Moonah Open C Grade and Overall Winner - 39pts
OOM 1 2018 Growling Frog B Grade and Overall Winner - 40pts

Cap: 15.4 Gamegolf

WITB:
Primary: X2 Hot Pro 8.5 on Kuro Kage Silver TiNi Stiff | Big Bertha 3W on Kuro Kage Black TiNi 50 Stiff Shaft | Big Bertha 5W on Kuro Kage Black TiNi 50 Stiff Shaft | Wilson Staff FG Tour 3I on Project X 5.5 | Mizuno MP 54 4-PW on Project X 5.5 Stiff Shafts | Mack Daddy 2 56* bent to 54* | Mack Daddy 2 60* bent to 58* | Odyssey Works Metal-X #1 (2013) |

Spare: Big Bertha Mini on Aldila Tour Green Shaft | Great Big Bertha 3W on Fujukura 665 Reg Shaft | Great Big Bertha 5W on Fujukura 665 Reg Shaft | Cally X Forged 13's on Project X PXi 6.0 Steel shafts 3-PW | Mack Daddy 2 Slate S Grind 52* bent to 54* | Mack Daddy 2 Slate S Grind 56* bent to 58* | Odyssey Metal X Milled #1 |

#139 Mr_C

Mr_C

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6642 posts
  • LocationGold Coast

Posted 31 August 2015 - 01:19 PM

Chrome soft changed the golf ball game? Pretty sure the Taylormade project a was out for 12 months before the CS

Edited by Mr_C, 31 August 2015 - 01:19 PM.

http://www.golf.org....icap/4071372364

Game golf username : MattFC

#140 *Mouldy

*Mouldy

I'm optimal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18409 posts
  • LocationHotel Shanker Lazimpat, Kathmandu 44600 Nepal

Posted 01 September 2015 - 05:17 PM

SR 1,2 and 3 are being phased out already.  Replaced by the Chrome Soft with very low 65 compression and the Chrome whatever which will have a compression of 85 which is below the SR2 (91) and SR3(93).

Already bought 2 doz of the SR1 from Drummonds who are running out the SR range at $39/doz.  Hopefully I can get more at an even lower price.  Once used up I'll have to experiment again.  Stuff all balls with high spin and a compression around 73.  Only current available ball is the Wilson FG tour at 70.

Shanklink

OOM Tour
I am mid table mediocrity !

National Tour
2017 Day 1 winner at Monash CC

Baconwide Tour
Winner 2017 Keysborough Invitational

Choppers Tour
Winner 2014 Ghetto's Placegetter Challenge at Sunshine
Winner 2015 Airy's invitational at Melbourne Airport<p>

#141 INKY

INKY

Getting laughs somewhere else.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36099 posts
  • LocationOutta here!!!!

Posted 01 September 2015 - 05:28 PM

SR 1,2 and 3 are being phased out already.  Replaced by the Chrome Soft with very low 65 compression and the Chrome whatever which will have a compression of 85 which is below the SR2 (91) and SR3(93).

Already bought 2 doz of the SR1 from Drummonds who are running out the SR range at $39/doz.  Hopefully I can get more at an even lower price.  Once used up I'll have to experiment again.  Stuff all balls with high spin and a compression around 73.  Only current available ball is the Wilson FG tour at 70.

Have you looked at any from the Maxfli Range?

#142 *Mouldy

*Mouldy

I'm optimal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18409 posts
  • LocationHotel Shanker Lazimpat, Kathmandu 44600 Nepal

Posted 01 September 2015 - 06:00 PM

Have you looked at any from the Maxfli Range?

No I hadn't.  The new U/6 range might be interesting.  Compression data is hard to get though.

Shanklink

OOM Tour
I am mid table mediocrity !

National Tour
2017 Day 1 winner at Monash CC

Baconwide Tour
Winner 2017 Keysborough Invitational

Choppers Tour
Winner 2014 Ghetto's Placegetter Challenge at Sunshine
Winner 2015 Airy's invitational at Melbourne Airport<p>

#143 Turfers Paradise

Turfers Paradise

2019 GCSAQ Queensland Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18208 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 06:08 PM

No I hadn't.  The new U/6 range might be interesting.  Compression data is hard to get though.

DEBUT: US Masters, Augusta National Golf Club, Augusta, GA 2016
DEBUT: ANA Inspirational LPGA Mission Hills, Palm Springs, CA 2016
Reacquainted myself with Karrie Webb, Australia's Greatest Golfer
Winner C Grade Gross 90/70 01/06/2019 Monthly Medal

‘99% of short putts do go in, they are the leftovers of your original putt’

#144 blindman

blindman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2954 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 07:35 PM

Chrome soft changed the golf ball game? Pretty sure the Taylormade project a was out for 12 months before the CS

Hate Project A, like chrome soft.

Project A feel dead off the clubface.
£1000 on Spieth to win all 4 majors this year.
Had to get it in UK, none in Oz.

Millionaire or a grand down ?

Place your bets !

#145 Toph

Toph

No golf allowed

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5810 posts
  • LocationProbably at work

Posted 01 September 2015 - 08:50 PM

Hate Project A, like chrome soft.

Project A feel dead off the clubface.

Never used them but most reviews are very positive.
http://www.golf.org....icap/4070201550
What can possibly go wrong?

#146 djcraig

djcraig

Both short & long

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 09:20 PM

a little note on compression..... with new tech and multi layer (4+) balls the compression of a golf ball is becoming irrelevant. Its all about how the layers interact with each other and how deep into the core energy travels and therefore thats why you are starting to see swing speed ratings on the box of your new pills.

While I am ranting heres some little known facts about COR (aka CT) and the "trampoline" effect of clubs..... The Trampoline effect is a load of marketing B.S. - by the time the clubface flexes inwards from striking the ball, then gets to its maximum concave excursion and therefore starts to rebound back, the ball has already left the clubface. Any forward movement of the face to further accelerate the ball (trampoline) is a moot topic and doesnt do anything other than get the face back to its neutral position.      

The counter-intuitive thing about COR and the reason its limited is: the more the face flexes, the less the ball squishes against it and the rounder a ball stays during impact the longer it will travel.

Obviously there is a critical point where a tap that dosent deform the sphere (EG a putt) becomes more forceful and starts to cause both ball deformation and face flexion. At this point the above starts to take effect and works on a logarithmic scale.   

At this point those that have just read this will all be more confused yet somehow more enlightened however it wont help you hit it longer, or straighter, or score better, in fact to the layman its utterly useless information. 

• djcraig likes this

You might feel like your swing looks like an elegant swan floating on a calm lake with the sun glistening down and creating beautiful light reflections on the water,

#147 INKY

INKY

Getting laughs somewhere else.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36099 posts
  • LocationOutta here!!!!

Posted 01 September 2015 - 09:26 PM

How does the Fibonacci Sequence fit in?

#148 blindman

blindman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2954 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 09:35 PM

Gutted. :D
£1000 on Spieth to win all 4 majors this year.
Had to get it in UK, none in Oz.

Millionaire or a grand down ?

Place your bets !

#149 djcraig

djcraig

Both short & long

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 09:50 PM

How does the Fibonacci Sequence fit in?

you divide every third number in the sequence by the square root of pie to establish the initial points of measurement for the X axis on the logarithmic scale chart.

You see - this is what happens when you start talking with someone like Russ Ryden about the science of custom fitting, EI modeling and shaft engineering. 

My advice - dont do it - stay ignorant and just listen to Jon when he tells you that this shaft will be good for you. You dont need to know more or why. Just hit it.

• INKY likes this

#150 Toph

Toph

No golf allowed

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5810 posts
  • LocationProbably at work

Posted 01 September 2015 - 10:34 PM

Right then.

So I swing a driver at 95-100.
I'm looking for a summer ball that will stop on the green.
I am b or c grade. And don't want to loose length.

What pill?
http://www.golf.org....icap/4070201550
What can possibly go wrong?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: golf ball, chrome, callaway

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users