ozdevil

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6910 posts
  • Locationbacchus marsh

Posted 18 December 2014 - 08:09 AM

not happy Jan

Bacchus Marsh is west  .. yet we are not included and we are far more west then northern...  heck we even get to play in metropolitan pennant yet we cant get into this club golfwest...    

they must only want goat tracks in this golf west group thing :P  :lol: :lol:  :lol:  

I AM ALWAYS FORCED TO DO SH1T I'M NOT QUALIFIED FOR. LIKE BEING NICE TO BLOODY ID1OTS :P :D

golflink # http://www.golflink....k_no=3040204492

#17 Hawkers2015

Hawkers2015

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3353 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 08:10 AM

I think the inference that melbourne ends at Melton ...

I suspect if it Eynesbury were not involved it would not have involved Melton either 

#18 ozdevil

ozdevil

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6910 posts
  • Locationbacchus marsh

Posted 18 December 2014 - 08:20 AM

I think the inference that melbourne ends at Melton ...

I suspect if it Eynesbury were not involved it would not have involved Melton either 

bacchus Marsh is only 10k from melton   yet northern  is more north then what it is west.. 

however what I am basicly saying  is the fact this this golfwest card was to help  clubs out by taking some of the financial strain and getting people out to play other courses then their own home track then you would think golfwest would be far more open  to allow more western suburbs in

I know Bacchus Marsh would be very open to this  and welcome it with open arms

yet Bacchus Marsh has given up on the ballarat districts pennant  as we got approval to play in metropolitian pennant

now  if we accepted in that pennant then Melbourne can't just end at melton...

and if you look at this as a whole

Why isn't courses like Melbourne Airport involved heck that is closer then northern to the west

mayb even Goonawarra

I AM ALWAYS FORCED TO DO SH1T I'M NOT QUALIFIED FOR. LIKE BEING NICE TO BLOODY ID1OTS :P :D

#19 Hawkers2015

Hawkers2015

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3353 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 08:32 AM

all the clubs currently involved attended a meting at Sanctuary Lakes a bit over a year ago.  The meeting was a pretty frank discussion of everyone's problems and canvassed options as to how we might be able to work together.  GV also attended and gave us their view of the industry and what they could do to help, it was not a great picture and no doubt things are worse now.

I was involved in the meeting.  at that time I was the secretary of one of the clubs.

I don't know if other clubs were invited to participate or if they did not take up the opportunity to be involved, I think that other clubs might be able to join in,  probably best to have your club's officials talk to Jessica Yong at Sanctuary Lakes. 

#20 ozdevil

ozdevil

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6910 posts
  • Locationbacchus marsh

Posted 18 December 2014 - 08:43 AM

all the clubs currently involved attended a meting at Sanctuary Lakes a bit over a year ago.  The meeting was a pretty frank discussion of everyone's problems and canvassed options as to how we might be able to work together.  GV also attended and gave us their view of the industry and what they could do to help, it was not a great picture and no doubt things are worse now.

I was involved in the meeting.  at that time I was the secretary of one of the clubs.

I don't know if other clubs were invited to participate or if they did not take up the opportunity to be involved, I think that other clubs might be able to join in,  probably best to have your club's officials talk to Jessica Yong at Sanctuary Lakes. 

John

I can remember playing with this guy at Eynesbury (he was a member there)  and he said to me is bacchus  involved in it, I said  1st I have heard of this golf west card

After that I went to the former captain of bacchus marsh  who is now Vice president (Acting president) asked him wether we had been approached by golfwest to be involved in this  scheme

he said it was the 1st he has heard of it

after awhie gone by I asked the question to him  once again

he said we are looking into  and we have spoken to them

not sure as to where we have moved on from there...

As far as I am concerned  with this golfwest card, I think it is a great idea  for the clubs in the west to be involved in and sharing a bit of love between all the clubs in order to help save  the golf clubs...

I don't think the card is designed to poach players to join their club but to help each other out..

I am sure  golfwest wouldn't cut their own throats off by not allowing other clubs to participate in.

great scheme and I am just jealous that Bacchus Marsh is not involved in this

Now  just a question

This card  is it only available to those that are 7 day full members or  can it be  5 day members or those that  say take a casual membership  that gives them x amount of games?

#21 Hawkers2015

Hawkers2015

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3353 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 08:53 AM

Bacchus were not at the meeting.

You are supposed to be a 5, 6 or 7 day member (or junior/intermediate) to get a card.

You are supposed to present both your membership card and the GW card to use your GW rights, the GW card gets punched.  This in theory enables clubs to validate that you are a current member and what category you are in.

#22 ozdevil

ozdevil

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6910 posts
  • Locationbacchus marsh

Posted 18 December 2014 - 09:14 AM

Bacchus were not at the meeting.

You are supposed to be a 5, 6 or 7 day member (or junior/intermediate) to get a card.

You are supposed to present both your membership card and the GW card to use your GW rights, the GW card gets punched.  This in theory enables clubs to validate that you are a current member and what category you are in.

John

I know Bacchus Marsh was not at the meeting

I spoke to my captain of the time  after I learned from the member at Eynesbury that this card was about...

when I 1st mentioned it to him he knew nothing of it

he said he had made enquiries after the last time I spoke with him

this was well after  that meeting you are talking about John

I might just ask the question to my Vice president again as he was the former captain of the time

#23 Kiwi

Kiwi

Wholly Awesomeness

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24044 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 09:28 PM

oz

you can have my round at sunshine

i will play the marsh instead

no pic id so we can do it

trouble is you will be in A grade ;)

Edited by Kiwi, 18 December 2014 - 09:29 PM.

• Rusty_Chopper_1984 likes this
Half the Trentham dream team

#24 Didntquitecatchit

Didntquitecatchit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2607 posts
  • LocationMelbourne City

Posted 19 December 2014 - 08:37 AM

Royal Westgate not included???!!!

#25 Hawkers2015

Hawkers2015

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3353 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 12:01 PM

Royal Westgate not included???!!!

nope, nor altona lakes or riverside either

#26 Rusty_Chopper_1984

Rusty_Chopper_1984

The Next Big Thing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11944 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 02:32 PM

Or Lara
http://www.golflink....k_No=5012901532

2014 C Grade Winner OOM 2 Growling Frog

47 pts 55/40 off 35 at Kooringal Golf Club after shooting 107 first time I played it.

2014 Eagle on 15th par 4 at Rosebud Country Club on North/East.

2015 Eagle 17th hole at Trentham Golf Course.

2015 C Grade Winner 00M 2 Settlers Run

2015 Race to 18 Winner

2015 BHIC shortest Drive winner 61m

2015 Overall C Grade Runner up

Roy McAvoy: Such a pure feeling is the well struck golf shot.

#27 Rusty_Chopper_1984

Rusty_Chopper_1984

The Next Big Thing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11944 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 02:32 PM

Or the frog
http://www.golflink....k_No=5012901532

2014 C Grade Winner OOM 2 Growling Frog

47 pts 55/40 off 35 at Kooringal Golf Club after shooting 107 first time I played it.

2014 Eagle on 15th par 4 at Rosebud Country Club on North/East.

2015 Eagle 17th hole at Trentham Golf Course.

2015 C Grade Winner 00M 2 Settlers Run

2015 Race to 18 Winner

2015 BHIC shortest Drive winner 61m

2015 Overall C Grade Runner up

Roy McAvoy: Such a pure feeling is the well struck golf shot.

#28 Didntquitecatchit

Didntquitecatchit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2607 posts
  • LocationMelbourne City

Posted 19 December 2014 - 04:09 PM

Westgate is a privately run golf club with members not a council course. Thought it may have got a look in.
  • Rusty_Chopper_1984 likes this

#29 Mr_C

Mr_C

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6642 posts
  • LocationGold Coast

Posted 02 January 2019 - 03:56 PM

Thread mining here, how many of you all are golf west club members? Haven't used any of my rounds yet, how easy is it to redeem these free rounds at each club?
http://www.golf.org....icap/4071372364

Game golf username : MattFC

#30 Lukos87

Lukos87

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1622 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 03:59 PM

Thread mining here, how many of you all are golf west club members? Haven't used any of my rounds yet, how easy is it to redeem these free rounds at each club?

Think I have a golfwest card in the car. It's 2-3 years old but has no expirey on it, I may try use it tomorrow 😂

Edited by Lukos87, 02 January 2019 - 04:00 PM.

• Mr_C likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ISG

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users