#1 Bully_BushRanger

Bully_BushRanger

King Epon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2365 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in my mind

Posted 17 August 2014 - 10:27 PM

Here is some very intersting reading about Seven Dreamers shafts.

The company itself has been around since 1957, working in the development and manufacturing of composite materials. (Carbon fibre)

They are basically an aerospace company, but have developed their knowledge of carbon fibre for use in golf shafts.

Seven Dreamers

They have several options for you to purchase a shaft.

The cheapest option is The Matrix series. This can be done by sending them details about your swing and completing a questionaire. They then give you 3 options on what shaft is best for you. Standard - Distance - Control. You then choose which option you want.

Another option is the Haute couture. For this option, you are required to attend a fitting session where they measure and analyse your “swing data” and “club head data”, then they design a unique golf shaft specifically tailored for you. Once again, the 3 shaft options are provided.

Here is more info from the TSG webiste. TSG Seven Dreamers thread (watch the video in the 2nd post)

Pics of one of the TSG'ers driver  Modart Driver with Seven Dreamers shaft

Another TSG'ers thread about his Seven Dreamers shaft.  S-Yrad with Seven Dreamers shaft   This guy seems to be in Japan all the time getting fitted for different gear. Some of his threads are great reading.

I beleive with these two TSG'ers, they took the Matrix series option. This is 120,000 yen, which is about $1200.

Early thoughts from these guys is that the shaft does what it says.

Now I really want to go to Japan!!!

ISG Vic 2013 MatchPlay Champion

ISG Vic 2014 MatchPlay Semi Finalist

ISG Vic OOM #3 Champion Sunday June 1st 2014 Heritage Henley Course (38 points with 2 wipes) Bout friggin time!!!!

ISG Vic OOM #4 Champion Sunday October 5th 2014 Sandhurst Champions Course (42 points with 0 wipes, 79 off the beater!!) Back to Back Baby!!!!

Caddy of the Year 2015 NWRGA

Kiwi "THE LEGEND"

#2 sonofcoco

sonofcoco

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 10:20 AM

The Premium shaft is $120,000 apparently...it had better come with a guarantee you'll win at least one major championship to pay it off! haha

• Weetbix, RobNewy and tigertuff like this

#3 Bully_BushRanger

Bully_BushRanger

King Epon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2365 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in my mind

Posted 18 August 2014 - 01:23 PM

I was thinking more along the lines of a shaft manufacturer who can design a shaft specifically for you.

Think about how much you spend on trying to find the perfect driver. I know I have gone through several drivers. What if you already had the driver head, just not the shaft.

There are shafts on the market that already top $1000, so why not pay that bit extra for one solely designed for you?

ISG Vic 2013 MatchPlay Champion

ISG Vic 2014 MatchPlay Semi Finalist

ISG Vic OOM #3 Champion Sunday June 1st 2014 Heritage Henley Course (38 points with 2 wipes) Bout friggin time!!!!

ISG Vic OOM #4 Champion Sunday October 5th 2014 Sandhurst Champions Course (42 points with 0 wipes, 79 off the beater!!) Back to Back Baby!!!!

Caddy of the Year 2015 NWRGA

Kiwi "THE LEGEND"

#4 RobNewy

RobNewy

Captain Spud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11269 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Posted 18 August 2014 - 06:19 PM

That would really want to do good things to your nether regions for that sort of coin
  • Weetbix likes this

#5 GhettoGolfer

GhettoGolfer

Duke Ghetto Moose

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10388 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 18 August 2014 - 07:02 PM

That would really want to do good things to your nether regions for that sort of coin

I don't think it's that kind of a shaft upgrade Rob.

Edited by GhettoGolfer, 18 August 2014 - 07:02 PM.

• Weetbix, Goldy and koiom K. Asterisk* like this
Because some idiots complain that my sig is too large:
th_Ghettobanner_zpsik8air89.jpg

Golflink: http://www.golf.org....icap/3013502329

#6 RobNewy

RobNewy

Captain Spud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11269 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Posted 18 August 2014 - 07:09 PM

I don't think it's that kind of a shaft upgrade Rob.

for 120K, it bloody well should be!!
  • GhettoGolfer likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: JDM, shaft, nunchuck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users