#436 Top_Cat

Top_Cat

Top_Cat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2753 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 09 July 2015 - 07:09 PM

how far are you from the freeway and warragul TC ? good course only bout $400 if you qualify as a country member . 

Thanks RJP I've played there and thoroughly enjoyed the course but I want a club I can go to on a week night for a meal with the wife.

Hi, my name is Steve & I'm a golfaholic, I even go to the meetings
Melb Southern Suburbs 3195

Australia's most mediocre golfer.

He who rules the short game takes home the gold...Dave Pelz

#437 RJP9.4

RJP9.4

rjp7.9

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3223 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 07:25 PM

Thanks RJP I've played there and thoroughly enjoyed the course but I want a club I can go to on a week night for a meal with the wife.

they do an ok meal i believe but it would be bit of a long drive i would imagine . 

• golfnut12 likes this

#438 *Mouldy

*Mouldy

I'm optimal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18403 posts
  • LocationHotel Shanker Lazimpat, Kathmandu 44600 Nepal

Posted 10 July 2015 - 01:47 PM

If I could be sure that you were going to move to a new course to secure your future I'd jump at it because I believe the club that moves first will be the survivor.

Well the process has started with the strong yes vote.  Just need the contracts signed and we get a non-refundable cheque from the developer for $460,000 which just about halves our current debt.

Shanklink

OOM Tour
I am mid table mediocrity !

National Tour
2017 Day 1 winner at Monash CC

Baconwide Tour
Winner 2017 Keysborough Invitational

Choppers Tour
Winner 2014 Ghetto's Placegetter Challenge at Sunshine
Winner 2015 Airy's invitational at Melbourne Airport<p>

#439 Bogey Golfer

Bogey Golfer

metronome

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9733 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 04:48 PM

I think I'll go back to playing on public courses or join S.G.A.

SGA is a good handicap provider, costs about $120 per year for hcap and they play good courses.

sent to you a pm with organisers details.

cheaper than joining a club and good option if dont want to outlay more than 700 per year to play

oh and you can have dinner at some of the clubs they play at, or go to local pub.

• Rusty_Chopper_1984 likes this

2017 OOM winner at Growling Frog.

2016 A grade winner Moonah legends OOM4.

2015 member of team Vision winners of SGC pennant.

2014 National ISG champion

2014 winner Kooindah waters

2014 winner Magenta shores

2014 first ever hole in 1 in an ISG event, 4th Hole Kooindah waters 19th October

2012 winner of BHIC and gaining a 5 year exemption

#440 KeyboardWarrior

KeyboardWarrior

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 05:59 PM

Who are the gimps who stumped up the cash for Rossdale?

#441 *Mouldy

*Mouldy

I'm optimal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18403 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 06:11 PM

Who are the gimps who stumped up the cash for Rossdale?

Got a bridge to sell them ?

Shanklink

OOM Tour

National Tour

Baconwide Tour

Choppers Tour

#442 wOzz

wOzz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 08:50 PM

Well the process has started with the strong yes vote.  Just need the contracts signed and we get a non-refundable cheque from the developer for $460,000 which just about halves our current debt.

Hey Mouldy

I'm pretty sure we get $1m on signing and then the remaining 3.6m over the next 5 or 6 years.

2013 iseekgolf National Champ

#443 *Mouldy

*Mouldy

I'm optimal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18403 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 09:00 PM

Hey Mouldy

I'm pretty sure we get $1m on signing and then the remaining 3.6m over the next 5 or 6 years.

sorry your right Wozz.

$1m up front which basically pays off our outstanding debt

$150k a year for next 4 years

$600k a year for up to another 5 years

Expected time to moving is 8 years so expected moneys from the developer before the move is $3.4m

Shanklink

OOM Tour

National Tour

Baconwide Tour

Choppers Tour

#444 Casualgolfer

Casualgolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 08:50 PM

Maybe of interest to readers - given to be by a client this evening.  

Woodlands waives double entrance fees for dedicated golfers

Woodlands Golf Club has launched an innovative project to waive entrance fees for golfers joining from other clubs who have a proven commitment to golf through their established memberships.

The initiative acknowledges that many applicants have already paid entrance fees once, and provides an opportunity – subject to strict criteria – to join Woodlands without paying a second entrance fee.

This initiative is aimed at people who may be relocating to the area due to work, family or sea change or because of a merger or relocation of their existing club – or who may simply wish to belong to more than one club.

Club President Martin Fothergill said the Club’s normal entrance and annual fees were unchanged, as were its membership procedures and conditions of acceptance.

“We believe private golf clubs should charge an entrance fee for new members, but we feel if people have already spent a significant time as a member at another club, this shows they have the commitment to long term membership which fits our Woodlands culture,” he said.

There are two main criteria to qualify for the waiver, in addition to normal membership requirements.

Firstly, applicants must have a current private golf club membership that they have maintained for five continuous years or more.

Secondly, they must have previously paid an entrance fee commensurate with industry standards and in accord with the Woodlands fee criteria.

Mr Fothergill said the Club had a limited number of six-day and seven-day memberships available, and would apply the waiver to any appropriate applications.

“After more than a century as a highly regarded club, we are deeply committed to the concept of private golf clubs, and see this initiative as a way of modernising the membership model” he said.

“If it is as successful as we hope, I would not be surprised to see other clubs adopt a similar concept for the greater good of our industry.”

… ends

Golfguy - perhaps you may like to provide member view.  If other clubs adopted such an idea would Woodlands members move to similar club offering such an option.

#445 *Mouldy

*Mouldy

I'm optimal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18403 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 08:57 PM

Interesting initiative.  Which club is their target ?

Shanklink

OOM Tour

National Tour

Baconwide Tour

Choppers Tour

#446 golfguy33

golfguy33

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3420 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 11:19 PM

I can't speak on behalf of the club but the private club and golf industry is currently facing a 7.5% attrition rate this year.
Last year it was 12.5% Australia wide, so this type of strategy is justified to gain more of the market place.
Because of the lack of mergers happening and some local metro clubs refusing to fold gracefully, it is a very sound approach to gaining long term members from clubs that are floundering. It will be interesting to see what type of membership is offered to anyone transferring over from another club. To offer full ( ordinary ) memberships and rights to incoming members from another club without the usual joining fee could put a big strain on the time sheets. Normally new members are required to do/have a waiting period, which restricts them from playing during certain time slots. When a spot opens up for advancement they are then given the opportunity to upgrade.
Will Woodlands members resign and move if other clubs adopt the same marketing plan ? Most local tier 2 clubs in the area already have dropped their joining fees, so they cannot use this type of plan to move forward. Only the tier 1 clubs can head in this direction. The ones that have used marketing deals recently are semi comfortable with their member numbers atm !
Jon...

#447 RJP9.4

RJP9.4

rjp7.9

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3223 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 10:35 AM

Interesting initiative. Which club is their target ?

Yarra Yarra ?

#448 RJP9.4

RJP9.4

rjp7.9

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3223 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 10:38 AM

I would like to see clubs doing more initiatives to convert social golfers to members and non golfers to golfers , some of this stuff seems to be robbing Peter to pay Paul

#449 Bigred

Bigred

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 08:57 PM

I can't speak on behalf of the club but the private club and golf industry is currently facing a 7.5% attrition rate this year.
Last year it was 12.5% Australia wide, so this type of strategy is justified to gain more of the market place.
Because of the lack of mergers happening and some local metro clubs refusing to fold gracefully, it is a very sound approach to gaining long term members from clubs that are floundering. It will be interesting to see what type of membership is offered to anyone transferring over from another club. To offer full ( ordinary ) memberships and rights to incoming members from another club without the usual joining fee could put a big strain on the time sheets. Normally new members are required to do/have a waiting period, which restricts them from playing during certain time slots. When a spot opens up for advancement they are then given the opportunity to upgrade.
Will Woodlands members resign and move if other clubs adopt the same marketing plan ? Most local tier 2 clubs in the area already have dropped their joining fees, so they cannot use this type of plan to move forward. Only the tier 1 clubs can head in this direction. The ones that have used marketing deals recently are semi comfortable with their member numbers atm !
Jon...

Interesting this year the number of rounds of gold played was up 7% and membership decline was less than 1%, 44% of clubs reporting increased membership.

#450 Shanks4ever

Shanks4ever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3169 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 09:25 PM

Interesting this year the number of rounds of gold played was up 7% and membership decline was less than 1%, 44% of clubs reporting increased membership.

The existing members are playing more golf is the major reason for the 7% and the increases at 44% of clubs can be attributed to a large extent to lifestyle and innovative new membership categories. Unless you are comparing FTE that statistic is pretty meaningless because the bottom line is how many $ you make from memberships.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users