19 replies to this topic

#16 Timinsa

Timinsa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3293 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 11:03 AM

Yep a true old school dribbler. Funny that after all those posts I'd forgotten him.

#17 Mububban

Mububban

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1749 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 09:53 PM

$1 Aussie = $1.30 Singapore at the moment……how do sticker prices compare from Oz to Singapore? I've got family in Malaysia and have noticed that for many things like electronics, once you calculate the exchange rate, it's about the same price. Maybe a small saving due to less shipping than to Oz. Clothes and shoes usually work out better. Next time I go back (next year) I'll have to see if there are any good golf shops in KL :)

#18 Hawkers2015

Hawkers2015

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3358 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 11:15 PM

$1 Aussie = $1.30 Singapore at the moment……how do sticker prices compare from Oz to Singapore?

I’ve got family in Malaysia and have noticed that for many things like electronics, once you calculate the exchange rate, it’s about the same price. Maybe a small saving due to less shipping than to Oz.
Clothes and shoes usually work out better. Next time I go back (next year) I’ll have to see if there are any good golf shops in KL :)

When you do the math. Golf gear bargains in Singapore are rare. Electronic stuff and other consumer goods tend to work out somewhat cheaper, although not always enough of a bargain to get excited about. Stuff with a lot of local labour like custom made suits, shirts, etc can be a lot cheaper.

#19 Malvern

Malvern

Not a Queenslander

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3733 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 01:27 AM

I avoid going to Singapore, any place where you get charged AUD$10 plus for a beer at the pub is off my agenda. Stupefying humidity, nothing to do, 6 hr golf, whatever they have is cheaper in HK (China) or the US, zero to see here, move on.

#20 *Mouldy

*Mouldy

I'm optimal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18403 posts
  • LocationHotel Shanker Lazimpat, Kathmandu 44600 Nepal

Posted 28 March 2012 - 01:37 AM

I lived in Sing for a couple of years and have travelled to KL many times. There are no equipment bargains to be found in either place other than the odd second hand club. You can get good clothing deals during the Great singapore sale in the middle of the year. Forgetting golf you can also get incredible deals on sports shoes in the sale eg Brooks cross trainers for SGD65 vs AUD195, I bought 2 pairs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users