• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#61 Leftyy

Leftyy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 07:17 PM

Sandhurst $3100 silver 7 day member comp fees included in that, 2 courses and subs can be paid monthly no joining fee.

Practice range in front of clubhouse.

Play twice a week works out at $30 a game.

Mens comps Monday Thursday Saturday and Sunday.

Nice clubhouse and restaurant.

Gym and pool if you are into that sort of thing costs extra.

#62 iRON MiCK

iRON MiCK

Swing like......

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16126 posts
  • Locationwww.iseekgolf.com

Posted 04 February 2014 - 08:12 AM

Sandhurst $3100 silver 7 day member comp fees included in that, 2 courses and subs can be paid monthly no joining fee.

$260 a month, can get a bit damp in some of the Fairways if its wet in Winter, but its a good layout, and both course are good quality

18.0 by Dec  2019  - 1.6 to go

2017 VIC ISG OOM "The Goldy" Overall Tour Championship Winner*

2017 VIC OOM #5 Gardiners Run Overall Winner

http://www.golf.org....icap/3010407931

"Team Grank" founding member

* LoL

#63 Leftyy

Leftyy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 08:29 PM

$260 a month, can get a bit damp in some of the Fairways if its wet in Winter, but its a good layout, and both course are good quality

All fairways on North course had new drainage installed 18 months ago only way its not playable in winter now is

with standing water on the greens before the fairways puddle up, champs course has a 12 inch layer of sand on fairways mick.

#64 iRON MiCK

iRON MiCK

Swing like......

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16126 posts
  • Locationwww.iseekgolf.com

Posted 04 February 2014 - 09:43 PM

yer good mate, I like the course, its a good set up.

18.0 by Dec  2019  - 1.6 to go

2017 VIC ISG OOM "The Goldy" Overall Tour Championship Winner*

2017 VIC OOM #5 Gardiners Run Overall Winner

http://www.golf.org....icap/3010407931

"Team Grank" founding member

* LoL

#65 sgribble

sgribble

Suspect

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • LocationPatterson Lakes

Posted 09 February 2014 - 07:33 AM

FYI it has recently (this month) gone up - 7 day silver membership is now $3,539.  I like the courses, facilities and location is handy for me, on the lookout for a cheap platinum share :)

Edited by sgribble, 09 February 2014 - 07:34 AM.

#66 notgoodatgolf

notgoodatgolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 11:06 PM

Kingston Links...

Memberships from $999 to $1,999, have 7 day access to the course, and includes limited free access to the almost brand spanking new driving range. 15 minute drive from Oakleigh, the course is in great nick and a design that can cater for low handicappers as well as mid-high handicappers. Have improved even more over the past 6 months with new management and staff. Been a member myself since August and I can't think of a better value golf membership in Melbourne. Whilst it still has public access, for $50 a round, you don't have many idiots or drunks playing the course slowing up play. On average a round doesn't take more than 3-3.5 hours or 4 hours on slow days (usually Saturdays).

Unfortunately, the fee doesn't include comps as the comps are run by a separate club (Wellington Links) but at the same time it gives you an option as to whether you want to play comps or not (I haven't yet). I think the membership to Wellington links is about $130/year. You can still play comps when you choose to for $5.

Have a look at their website for detailed info on the course and other details.

#67 SdoggyK

SdoggyK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 04:51 PM

There is always cranbourne, it fits most criteria and is about $1600 for your age for seven days.
Great course, ordinary club though. From my experience. Also ranfurlie and settlers run woulda le the within 30 mins, both within price I reckon. You could do worse. At least worth a look
  • Francie likes this

#68 Joe79

Joe79

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3050 posts
  • LocationVic (Metro North)

Posted 12 February 2014 - 06:25 AM

Im not from down that way and wouldn't have a clue about what courses etc are like down there. But have heard this mob on the radio selling land and thought I have a look at the course:

http://www.settlersrungcc.com.au/cms/

Any good or anyone know about it?

(I put in this thread as it located south easternish and is around 2500 for the 7 day.)

If it open to public thinking I may wonder down that way and have a hit as it looks ok from the photos. 

OOM 4 2017 Moonah Open C Grade and Overall Winner - 39pts
OOM 1 2018 Growling Frog B Grade and Overall Winner - 40pts

Cap: 15.4 Gamegolf

WITB:
Primary: X2 Hot Pro 8.5 on Kuro Kage Silver TiNi Stiff | Big Bertha 3W on Kuro Kage Black TiNi 50 Stiff Shaft | Big Bertha 5W on Kuro Kage Black TiNi 50 Stiff Shaft | Wilson Staff FG Tour 3I on Project X 5.5 | Mizuno MP 54 4-PW on Project X 5.5 Stiff Shafts | Mack Daddy 2 56* bent to 54* | Mack Daddy 2 60* bent to 58* | Odyssey Works Metal-X #1 (2013) |

Spare: Big Bertha Mini on Aldila Tour Green Shaft | Great Big Bertha 3W on Fujukura 665 Reg Shaft | Great Big Bertha 5W on Fujukura 665 Reg Shaft | Cally X Forged 13's on Project X PXi 6.0 Steel shafts 3-PW | Mack Daddy 2 Slate S Grind 52* bent to 54* | Mack Daddy 2 Slate S Grind 56* bent to 58* | Odyssey Metal X Milled #1 |

#69 Francie

Francie

Inaugural Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37811 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 12 February 2014 - 07:33 AM

Im not from down that way and wouldn't have a clue about what courses etc are like down there. But have heard this mob on the radio selling land and thought I have a look at the course:

(I put in this thread as it located south easternish and is around 2500 for the 7 day.)

If it open to public thinking I may wonder down that way and have a hit as it looks ok from the photos. 

Josephs', you need to speak to Ruuuuusssssssssssss.      Settlers Run is one of the courses that he's a member at.   Send him a PM or catch up with him at one of the OOM days??    Some of us Vic ISGers had a hit there a few years ago......I think all up there were around 100 golf balls lost, combining everyone's losses. :)     

It's a Greg Norman design course and has a lot of heavy rough.    It can be real tough in the wind but a nice enough course.   I believe they have issues in the past with it getting real wet in winter but I'm not sure if they've addressed that, of late.

If you are interested in joining I'm sure they would give you an "introductory game".    Other than that.........I'm pretty sure Ruuuussssssssssssss would set you up. 

• Inaugural winner "Castlemaine" Vic ISG golf day 2009
  • Inaugural Victorian OOM Putting Champion - Long Island 2011
  • Inaugural ISG National Golf Champion - Queensland September 2012
  • Inaugural winner Casey Rotary Golf Day 2012 - Part of the 'Dream Team'
  • Hole In One - 7th Hole Portsea GC - 9/10/2012
  • Long drive "champion" - Stinks 3 club challenge - 22/9/2013
  • Shipwreck Coast Classic - B Grade Men Winner (Warrnambool) - 9/11/2013
  • Inaugural holder - ISG TBPNTHWAOOM trophy - 2015
  • Eagle - Par 4 - 18th at St. Andrews Beach - 1/9/2015
  • Eagle - Par 4 - 3rd at Long Reef GC (NSW) - 18/9/2018
  • Eagle - Par 5 - 8th at Cape Schanck GC - 18/3/2019
  • Holder - Brass yacht trophy - 2015
  • Player of the Year (VPGC) - 2015
  • Winner - ISG Tombstone event - Lang Lang - 4/9/2016
  • Half of 4BBB Champion team with Commish - 2016 National Event
  • Half of winning finalist - Doubles Match-play team (VPGC) - 2016
  • Team member - Winners of Australian ...... Matchplay Championship - 18/11/2016
  • Veterans Champion (VPGC) - 2016
  • Best stroke score OTS - 77 - Gardiners Run GC - 11/11/2018
  • Captains Trophy winner (VPGC) - 2018

#70 AriGold

AriGold

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 08:49 AM

Josephs', you need to speak to Ruuuuusssssssssssss.      Settlers Run is one of the courses that he's a member at.   Send him a PM or catch up with him at one of the OOM days??    Some of us Vic ISGers had a hit there a few years ago......I think all up there were around 100 golf balls lost, combining everyone's losses. :)     

It's a Greg Norman design course and has a lot of heavy rough.    It can be real tough in the wind but a nice enough course.   I believe they have issues in the past with it getting real wet in winter but I'm not sure if they've addressed that, of late.

If you are interested in joining I'm sure they would give you an "introductory game".    Other than that.........I'm pretty sure Ruuuussssssssssssss would set you up. 

Played there last month in with some fellow chefs and had a great day, it was very windy but loved the course.

#71 Goldy

Goldy

Ed Rayner's love child

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39730 posts
  • Location20m closer than you expected

Posted 12 February 2014 - 11:40 AM

And we've got our last OOM day of the year there on November 23....mark it down in the diary.

• Joe79 likes this

Winner Moonah Legends 2013 ISG Nationals

Winner The National 2013 ISG Nationals

Winner 4BBB 2013 ISG Nationals
Winner Stink's 3 Club Challenge 2015

Winner C grade OOM The Sands 2016

Hole-in-one Growling Frog 14/1/17 5th hole 137m TM RBZ 5 hybrid, Srixon AD333 ball

Growling Frog GC Matchplay Champion 2017

Winner B grade OOM Curlewis 2018

Other, less impressive stuff...(I know...it's marginal...)
R/Up ISG Nationals 2013

C Grade LD Growling Frog 8/2/14, 11th hole, TM R1, HOF Patriot shaft, testicles of steel

3 Birdies in one round The Glades 2015 ISG Nationals 

C Grade LD Growling Frog 26/12/17, 15th hole, Callaway BB Alpha, HOF Patriot shaft, same old testicles of steel
C Grade LD Growling Frog 11/8/18, blah blah blah,,,,this is getting to be almost monotonous..... 

C Grade LD Growling Frog 1/9/18,...maybe these are now so commonplace I should just stop listing them

Never contended for the trophy named for me

Low Handicap point 12.7 9/4/16

Finally...and most importantly...
Smoldy....when only the best will do.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: membership, eastern, melbourne, southeast, east, member, oakleigh, blackburn

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users