#16 Flusher69

Flusher69

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • LocationDeep in the woods looking for my ball

Posted 24 January 2014 - 04:17 PM

I love my SM4 Vokeys, but to be fair all three I'm using now I picked up second hand for only around $80-$100 each. I'm sure I'll stay with Vokeys, but they sure are pricey, aren't they? For some reason it sounds so expensive spending that much on wedges....when in reality that's probably about what we'd pay per club for a new set of decent irons. The only other wedges that really tickle my fancy at the moment are the Cleveland 588 RTXs, and they're a bit cheaper... . I do love my Titleist gear though:).

Prices on all golf equipment is on the rise in aus as the dollar is weakening against the US dollar making internet buying less common. I'll prob pass on these as there not too different to the sm4 which are pretty good
Winner of Bmans Bendigo Bash With Scratch64 2013
Lowest of the stick at heritage OOM with 79 June 2014

#17 NWABP

NWABP

Number 9

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8124 posts
  • LocationCant-bra

Posted 24 January 2014 - 06:57 PM

I have generally been a fan of the Vokey(SM3 at the moment)

I grabbed a couple of the nice uber-spin Clevelands about 2 weeks ago.

$99 each.

SWEEEEEET

#18 Slick

Slick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Posted 09 March 2014 - 09:43 AM

Hopefully these will be available soon.. Just bought new irons with my PW being 46,, its thrown my 2 wedges outa wack...

#19 Caddy Shank

Caddy Shank

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 02:21 PM

I've see all the grinds first hand, they look pretty cool. I'd play the back and wait for them to rust up. I think they need a few more higher bounce options with a nice sole grind. Definitely get fit for these tho, if one of those L grinds gets in the wrong hands they'll be taking extra sand buckets out!  :huh:

#20 Kannis

Kannis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationSydney NSW

Posted 25 February 2015 - 03:36 PM

Resurecting an old thread here but, where can I buy these online and within Australia gents? Every website I go to they don't sell Titleist gear anymore or they sell the Sm4 in different lofts :(  (I have a $200 gift mastercard I can only use online)

Also I want to get the 58Degree model and I've looked at all the usual selection guides online but still a bit confused.

I want a 58 degree lob with a launch thats mid to high and a grind which covers all conditions and swings but according to this http://www.vokey.com...tion-guide.aspx the wedge I should go for is the 58.08M I belive??. Is this correct? Only problem is the grind is confusing me.

The 58.08M grind only gives me a mid bounce but I want the F grind which covers all conditions and swing types with a Mid to High bounce.

This is doing my head in, help me. !! lol

Edited by Kannis, 25 February 2015 - 03:40 PM.

• Codboy likes this

#21 Codboy

Codboy

Goat coniseu

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7287 posts
  • Locationoutta here

Posted 25 February 2015 - 03:41 PM

Ive just got 2 sm5's with f grind. Not sure what f grind is but they're shiney as hell :)

You're welcome :)
  • Rusty_Chopper_1984 and Kannis like this
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be

#22 Codboy

Codboy

Goat coniseu

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7287 posts
  • Locationoutta here

Posted 25 February 2015 - 04:03 PM

Resurecting an old thread here but, where can I buy these online and within Australia gents? Every website I go to they don't sell Titleist gear anymore or they sell the Sm4 in different lofts :( (I have a $200 gift mastercard I can only use online)

Also I want to get the 58Degree model and I've looked at all the usual selection guides online but still a bit confused.

I want a 58 degree lob with a launch thats mid to high and a grind which covers all conditions and swings but according to this http://www.vokey.com...tion-guide.aspx the wedge I should go for is the 58.08M I belive??. Is this correct? Only problem is the grind is confusing me.

The 58.08M grind only gives me a mid bounce but I want the F grind which covers all conditions and swing types with a Mid to High bounce.

This is doing my head in, help me. !! lol

Try giving Phil at the Black Bull a ring he may be able to help with the online gift thingy.

#23 Kannis

Kannis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationSydney NSW

Posted 25 February 2015 - 04:13 PM

Try giving Phil at the Black Bull a ring he may be able to help with the online gift thingy.

Once I find the right grind and bounce I will for sure :) Cheers for that.

#24 Codboy

Codboy

Goat coniseu

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7287 posts
  • Locationoutta here

Posted 25 February 2015 - 04:14 PM

Once I find the right grind and bounce I will for sure :) Cheers for that.

Sorry, they can get any titliest thing you need. They ordered mine in no problem

Edited by Codboy, 25 February 2015 - 04:15 PM.

#25 Kannis

Kannis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationSydney NSW

Posted 26 February 2015 - 08:11 AM

Sorry, they can get any titliest thing you need. They ordered mine in no problem

No worries, Ill check it out :)

I found out that my local Shop is having a Titleist fitting day this Sunday going to go try the SM5 then buy it online.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: titleist, vokey, sm5, sm4

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users