#586 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3115 posts
  • LocationIn the pines in the pines where the sun don't shine

Posted 11 February 2019 - 01:55 PM

Played on the presidents course and stableford was the game and in Southern Riverina Vets competition and playing off 9 and chopped it up for 29 points.
The trainee driver was being precocious and had nothing to do with my swing at all( at least that’s my excuse ) but it did start to behave and I was hitting some good balls. The “trainee” driver is a titleist 917 d2 12 degree with a stiff shaft but maybe a regular shaft is needed but another game with it on Wednesday will help decide what way to go.
The other option is to try different drivers to find what is better suited but that’s too obvious.

#587 iRON MiCK

iRON MiCK

Moss Effect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15509 posts
  • Locationwww.iseekgolf.com

Posted 11 February 2019 - 03:50 PM

Funny how a change in club can affect a steady string of good scores?

18.4 by June  2019  - 1.6 to go

2017 VIC ISG OOM "The Goldy" Winner

2017 VIC OOM #5 Gardiners Run Overall Winner

http://www.golf.org....icap/3010407931

"Team Grank" founding member

#588 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3115 posts

Posted 14 February 2019 - 10:02 AM

Stableford on the presidents course front nine and captains back nine and played off 9. I started with a scrambled par and 1 putt and for the next 7 holes could not get a putt but birdie on the 8th par 3 for the second time in a week gave me hope but I was mistaken and could not get a putt all day. I had 17 points on the nine with 1 birdie .
The back nine was similar but a couple bad holes with brain farts saw me only get 16 points with a wiped hole but overall I was happy with my results and a total of 33 points.
The trainee driver looks like it will make its way into the bag soon.
  • Francie and iRON MiCK like this

#589 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3115 posts

Posted 17 February 2019 - 06:31 PM

Stableford on the presidents course and started on the 3rd hole as it was a shotgun start and the annual Captains v Presidents’ Day. I started with a regulation par and then seemed to scramble all day after that. I finished with 14 points on the nine with a wipe and had 17 points on the second nine with a wipe for 31 points for the day.
I get the stitches out of my neck ( after getting a BCC basal cell carcinoma cut off) on Thursday and I might swing properly after that and then look for something else to blame.
Handicap moved like a yo-yo and now 8.3

#590 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3115 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 05:50 PM

Stroke off the white markers and playing captains front and presidents back and chopped it up for 86 nett 77. There was good and bad and some where in between today with 2 birdies back to back but double and triple bogies thrown in but the “trainee” driver is starting to behave and a couple more games should see the “trainee” tag dropped.
I just have to focus on keeping the ball in play off the tee and the results will follow and maybe the handicap will drop to something respectable and even see me playing off single figures more often.
Handicap stayed the same at 8.3.

#591 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3115 posts

Posted 23 February 2019 - 07:07 PM

Stableford on the presidents course and started on the back nine with an easy par with a sandy save. I tried to play to my handicap and keep the ball in play and reduce mistakes. After 9 holes had 17 points and no wipes but missed a couple chances but started with an easy par on the 1st ( our 10th hole)and seemed to scramble after that but finished with 18 points and a total of 35 points.
There is no change in handicap but I feel I hitting the ball ok and the “trainee” is still on probation but it looks promising that it will claim a spot in the bag.
Scratch 4 ball pennant at Mansfield tomorrow.
  • iRON MiCK likes this

#592 hack2489

hack2489

WTF, I can change this now?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1664 posts
  • LocationNorthern NSW

Posted 24 February 2019 - 04:07 AM

The other option is to try different drivers to find what is better suited but that’s too obvious.

Logic does not appear contagious around here.
  • Tochakka likes this

#593 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3115 posts

Posted 24 February 2019 - 06:37 AM

The “trainee”driver was a good deal and has a light stiff shaft in it.
  • hack2489 likes this

#594 hack2489

hack2489

WTF, I can change this now?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1664 posts
  • LocationNorthern NSW

Posted 24 February 2019 - 09:24 AM

The “trainee”driver was a good deal and has a light stiff shaft in it.

What shaft?

What's it cycle at? Being a light stiff, is it perhaps already in the regular specs range?

#595 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3115 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 09:07 AM

It’s a diamana dialead 50 xct light stiff

#596 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3115 posts

Posted 03 March 2019 - 05:39 PM

Monthly medal on the captains course and started with an easy double bogey and followed up with a bogey then a triple of pars but I jumped on the bogey train and finished the nine with a regulation par. The back nine started promising with 3 pars but found a way to get bogies from good drives. I finished with with 42 on the front nine and 41 on the back nine and a total of 83 nett 73.
The “trainee” driver will be losing its tag as “trainee”and getting a spot in the bag and behaved it self today to confirm it worthiness as a permanent fixture in the bag. I was happy with my driving and only 1 drive which was on the first hole left me with out a full shot.
Handicap has dropped to 8.1
  • Francie, iRON MiCK and Forrest Gardener like this

#597 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3115 posts

Posted 04 March 2019 - 05:22 PM

Played vets at Cobram on the west course and chopped it up from the start and limped in with 26 points. It was a case of from the penthouse to the outhouse in 2 games. I could blame the earlier than normal start or the heat or how windy it was but if I am playing crap golf that’s all I can blame.
Playing again Wednesday and will see how I go and if the handicap can go a bit lower.

#598 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3115 posts

Posted 06 March 2019 - 05:52 PM

Stableford on the captains course and playing off 9 and was driving the ball well but found ways to stuff up holes and wiped both par 3’s on the front nine and finished with 14 points. The back nine was better and birdies on two holes where I did not get a shot helped but a scrambled last hole for a point saw me finish with 17 points on the nine and finished with 31 points.
The driver was playing the game and only a couple bad holes were due to operator error but even into the wind the ball was going well and getting through the breeze.
A couple of flags in the next couple games could hurt the handicap but I will try to scrape a couple good games together.

#599 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3115 posts

Posted 10 March 2019 - 07:37 PM

4bbb stableford on the presidents course and my partner was off 19 ( and 90 years old) and I was off 9. We finished with 41 points and a couple of single point holes did not help but 3 birdies I had made the score a bit better. There was a couple bad holes that were caused by errant drives on my part but overall we combined pretty well and qualified for the annual 4bbb handicap match play.
A lesson on Wednesday will hopefully sort out any problems before the National Senior Masters in April and I will try to keep my handicap stable before the closing date of 22 March.
The new driver is going well and bad drives are operator error when I get greedy off the tee but if I just swing easy I keep the ball on the fairway.

#600 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3115 posts

Posted 17 March 2019 - 04:29 PM

Round 1 of the 4bbb handicap match play and my partner was getting 10 shots and our opponents were getting 3 and 18 shots. It was the guy getting 3 shots who gave us the most trouble with some amazing recovery shots and sinking putts from all over the place. We lost 5&4 and my partner who is 90 more than held his own but apologised for his poor game but had celebrated his birthday the night before.
I had a tuneup the other day and hopefully the minor tweaks will help my handicap move the right way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users