#556 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3193 posts
  • LocationIn the pines in the pines where the sun don't shine

Posted 28 November 2018 - 06:43 PM

Stableford on the captains course and playing off 10 and sliced the drive and ended up in the trees and scrambled to get a bogey.
The front nine was a scrambling affair and even with a birdie on the ninth for 4 points I finished with 14 points and a wipe and too many single point holes.
The second nine was similar and finished with 15 points and a wiped hole for a total of 29 points but finished with a par.
Handicap is now 8.5
  • Francie likes this

#557 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3193 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 05:14 PM

Stableford on the captains course and playing off the white markers, it was an easy start with a par and played ok the 9 to have 19 points with 2 birdies. The back nine was shambles for a few holes after wiping the 11 th and then 4 putting the next hole but settled down and notched up another birdie for 4 points and finished with 16 points for a total of 35 points.
  • Francie and Forrest Gardener like this

#558 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3193 posts

Posted 03 December 2018 - 08:43 PM

Played handicap 4bbb pennant at Yarrawonga on the Murray Course yesterday and we lost 3/2 to Corowa.
The driving off the tee was hot and cold but a lot of my approach shots were at a level I was happy with and I was using a Pro V1 after I have been using the AVX for the last weeks.
I found the Pro V1 was reacting well to my short irons and some how I even managed to get one to suck back when I hit out of a green side bunker.
When I finish my stock of AVX I will probably go back to the Pro V1 again .
Friday was happy hour on the range and had been running for a few weeks and a group have been going to happy hour and having a couple of drinks and getting tips from the pro.
I did get a tip that hopefully will help ( I was putting my weight on my heels ) and I might even reduce the dreaded slice.
I did get to hit a few balls with a extra stiff driver and I need to pick up a lot more club head if I ever want to play with one.
  • Forrest Gardener likes this

#559 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3193 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 05:13 PM

Played 4 man Ambrose on Wednesday and we had 65 off the stick ( 7 under) for nett 57.25 and the winners of the day, we combined well and it was a dropout Ambrose event.
Today was stableford today and lucky I decided to tee off at 0900 as it was high 30s later in the day. I started on the back nine and and hacked my way around the nine for 13 points and 3 wipes. The second nine was better with 20 points but 1 wiped hole was the fly in the ointment. There was a couple birdies that went begging but I got the pars and I was 1 over on the the 8 holes I scored on.
A total of 33 points for the day and overall I was happy with the results even though I wiped too many holes but sometimes playing well and scoring well don’t go together.

Pennant tomorrow at Corowa and a cooler day is forecast.
  • iRON MiCK likes this

#560 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3193 posts

Posted 12 December 2018 - 05:19 PM

Played handicap pennant at Corowa on Sunday and being the low marker in the group I had to give 1 shot and 15 shots to our opponents and 3 to my partner. They birdied the first hole with a chip in but we halved the second but I birdied the next 2 holes and we finished the 9 two up.
We played 19 to 27 first and then 1 to 9 , we combined well and closed the match 4/3.
Today was stableford on the captains course and off the white markers and I scrambled or so it seemed all day and finished with 32 points and no changes in handicap.
  • Francie and iRON MiCK like this

#561 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3193 posts

Posted 19 December 2018 - 06:53 PM

Stableford on the presidents course and started on the back nine and the course was playing long today with a lot of pins right up the back. I had 17 points on the nine and wiped 1 hole where I chopped it up but followed it up with a par. I did not venture off the fairway much but could not get a birdie as the greens seemed a bit slow and I did not get the pace right all day.
The second nine was better but missed a handful of birdie chances because I was still not getting the pace right. I had 20 points on the nine with a wiped hole but the pars helped me today. Driving was a strong point today and fairway woods were good as well but the wipes were a bit of a brain fart but it did not hurt the results too much.
37 points for the day and handicap dropped to 8.3
  • Francie likes this

#562 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3193 posts

Posted 24 December 2018 - 04:25 PM

Saturday was a Irish 4 ball and we finished with 109 points, the upside was I had 34 points on my own but it was not golflinked and did get a NTP.
Yesterday was par on the captains course off the blue markers and started with a couple of pars then scrambled for the next few holes to finish 1 down on the nine. The back nine was similar and finished square on the nine but did get a birdie on the last to finish 1down for the day and another drop in handicap to 8.2.
Driving was ok and only 1 sliced drive for the day but that was on the first but did get a par.
Having the driver set at 12.5 degrees has helped and not a lot of distance has been lost and unless I find a reason to change it I don’t think any changes are imminent.
  • Francie, iRON MiCK and Forrest Gardener like this

#563 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3193 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 07:17 PM

Another game of par today but off the white markers and playing off 9 and played pretty crap with no touch on the greens and I was leaving them short nearly all day.
No changes in handicap but it was an early start and pretty warm and that’s my excuse today.

#564 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3193 posts

Posted 30 December 2018 - 04:00 PM

Today was an early start ( for me ) and played stableford on the presidents course and started on the back nine with an easy 1 point double bogey and then had 2 pars and a wipe. Something clicked and I then had 4 pars in a row and bogied the last hole to have 16 points.
The second nine needed to improve a bit and I was going ok but a couple bad holes where I only got one point and maybe it was the heat and I ran out of steam or just played crap but finished with 17 points for 33 points.

#565 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3193 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 07:00 PM

4bbb stableford today on the presidents course and because the card system we use is up the s*it you have to use 2 cards and let the computer work it out. On my own I had 38 points and we had a total of 41 points but the winners had 50 points and lots of 48 to 45 points and lower. I was using a demo titleist TS 2 and left my driver in the car and it took a few holes to stop slicing the ball but could have been the operator not the club. I was happy with my day and generally hitting the ball well and no problem with getting out of bunkers ( today anyway) and chipping around the green saved me a few times.
Monthly medal on Sunday and I will see if my handicap can head down a bit.
  • Francie and iRON MiCK like this

#566 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3193 posts

Posted 06 January 2019 - 02:48 PM

Monthly medal on the captains course and off to a good start with a par then a birdie and followed up with another par then tried my best on the next 3 holes to undo the good start. I skied a drive on 4 and no one saw where it went and I hit a provisional ball but found the first and promptly went double bogey, bogey and bogey and finished with 3 pars to have 39 off the stick.
The back nine was a shambles at times and a mix of double bogies ,bogies and pars to have 45 off the stick for a total of 84 nett 74.
There was a good wind blowing today but it was just one of those days when my game or ability left on the 10th tee and waited in the bar for me to finish but I did finish only a couple over my handicap and it was a case of coulda/shoulda.
  • Francie likes this

#567 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3193 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 08:02 PM

Stableford on the captains course and it was a mixed bag of holes today, no birdies but a few pars and lots of bogies and too many double bogies. I had 12 points on the front nine and too many single point holes. The back nine was a bit better and 17 points for a total of 29 points.
I was due for a poor round after playing ok for a while but pennant again Sunday at home and hopefully the crap golf has gone for a while.
No changes in handicap.

#568 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3193 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 07:34 PM

Pennant at home on the 13th and we lost 6/5 but to their credit they played really well and were 1 under on the front nine so we had our work cut out.
Fast forward to today and played on a composite course of presidents front and captains back nine and with 5 par 5’s to play it could have been a long day. I had a shaky start with 2 points on the first two holes but turned it around a bit and a couple pars helped me but no wipes or birdies today and I had 16 points on the nine.
The back nine was better and 6 pars in a row but a double bogey point and bogey point a bogey 2 points to finish saw me finish with 19 points and a total of 35 points and handicap dropped to 8.4.
  • iRON MiCK and Forrest Gardener like this

#569 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3193 posts

Posted 20 January 2019 - 07:27 PM

Played handicap pennant at Deniliquin today and I was the low marker and gave our opponents 3 and 5 shots but my partner was getting 4 shots which helped during the day. I had a few birdie chances but only converted 1 and halved the hole where shots were given. I did have a couple of bad holes but my partner managed to pick up the slack and kept us in the game. We won 2/1 and Toc won against Deniliquin at home 3.5 to 1.5 and we might have avoided the wooden spoon for this year.

#570 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3193 posts

Posted 23 January 2019 - 02:12 PM

Played par today on a composite course of captains front and presidents front and par 73. I started with a low hook that hit a tree and ended up on the right side of the fairway and put my second on the green and got a birdie but wiped the next hole. I did not do too much wrong on the front nine and and was 3 up after nine.
The second nine was similar but I found a way to mess up a couple holes but did get a birdie on the the 8th ( our 17th hole today) where I did not get a shot but then wiped the last hole after a delicate chip and a followed up with a poor putt but finished square on the nine.
A quick add up and I had 79 off the stick with 2 birdies for the day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users