• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dsksi

dsksi

Suspect

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 10:18 PM

Hello, I am going to move to melbourne for university soon. At the time I will still be a junior player at age 17. I will be moving to near the eastern suburbs of melbourne, so just wanted to get some suggestions for golf clubs. 

I currently have a handicup of 3 and is a member at a prestigous golf club in my home city. However, my club's reciprocal clubs in Victoria aren't near the metropolitan areas of melbourne.

I wish to get into clubs such as royal melbourne, but aren't sure about how to apply to get in. I haven't asked the people from my golf club yet, but at the moment I don't know any member of clubs in melbourne.

Also, since I am also thinking to get some lessons from the golfpro of the club, do you think it will be better for me to start some lessons then ask about joining the club?

Also, would it be difficult to get in as a junior member?

Thanks.

#2 RJP9.4

RJP9.4

rjp7.9

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3223 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 11:03 PM

dsksi you won't have too much trouble there is a good coach rohan dummit he coaches some of the younger pros works out of MGA ( melb golf academy) am sure he will look after you

#3 ozdevil

ozdevil

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6910 posts
  • Locationbacchus marsh

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:23 AM

a good coach  in melbourne where some of us iseekers go and see is Garth Cusick   teaches out of sandringham driving range basicly right next door to royal melbourne golf course.

if you are wanting to join royal melbourne i would suggest give them a call and ask them how you go about gaining membership...

cheers

OZ

I AM ALWAYS FORCED TO DO SH1T I'M NOT QUALIFIED FOR. LIKE BEING NICE TO BLOODY ID1OTS :P :D

golflink # http://www.golflink....k_no=3040204492

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: melbourne golf clubs, victoria, membership

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users