#61 Deege

Deege

Really nice person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4775 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:06 PM

You keep track of your eclectic score? I imagine that would be depressing.

#62 ink

ink

Getting laughs somewhere else.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35868 posts
  • LocationOutta here!!!!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 06:40 PM

You keep track of your eclectic score? I imagine that would be depressing.

=============
WINNER (except for Rohan) – 2013 OOM2 C Grade Long Drive

http://www.golflink.com.au/...

On golflink... It is not depressing, I go out and try to achieve eclectic +10% or 15%.
  • Stinkler likes this

#63 over the MUFFIN top

over the MUFFIN top

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1852 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 09 May 2013 - 12:18 AM

gotta say, I admire your diligence in taking notes while playing....I want to try and start doing that from this sunday onwards.... tried using golfshot on my phone, but that doesnt really get the job done....need to go out to office works and get a little notepad....

#64 Deege

Deege

Really nice person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4775 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 09 May 2013 - 01:17 AM

Krish, I found that entering it on my phone was a pain as well. So this is what I do - I bought a pack of those old-fashioned index cards which I leave in the pocket of my golf bag with a rubber band around them. Every game that I want to record (which is most apart from team games and games where the course is undergoing renovations), I write the numbers 1 to 18 down the left side of the card when you look at it vertically. I use the ruled lines as the "columns" and record score, putts, fairway (tick/L/R), bunker side sand shots and penalties. These are the stats that you need to put into golfshot. So after my round I leave the stat card in my pocket until it is convenient to put the score into golfshot. These days I also use another two columns to record the 100m par 3 game that people have been talking about - I keep my own records of that in a spreadsheet that I maintain. I find that this system makes it really easy - the index card fits inside the score card, so I carry it all together and record at the same time. Unlike a notebook I don't have to remember to take it out of my bag and put it back etc.

#65 ink

ink

• Members
  • 35868 posts
  • LocationOutta here!!!!

Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:03 AM

Sunday playing Stableford at Kooringal: Not a good day out. Started well on the first nine with 16 points and then fell apart on the back nine with 7 points. No practise during the week is partially affecting my game, but more lack of concentration on the back nine. Had some great putts and good swing early. Very smooth and not rushed. Seemed to have started snatching it back too quickly later in the round and not focusing on a good strike. Played with Krish who stormed that place with 40 points and took top honors. 1st Par5, S18 Smooth swing and easy drive, low 3H, PW from 100m landing in left greenside bunker, 2 out of the bunker and a great 15m putt. Overall 1 putt and 2 points 2nd Par4, S16 Driver good, 9i draw into left greenside bunker, good out left with 30cm to the hole and 1 putt for par. Overall 1 putt and 3 points 3rd Par4, S5 Driver easy middle with slight draw, 3h low, 8i BnR short off the green, chip and another good 15m putt. Overall 2 putts and 3 points 4th Par4, S3 Great drive, 3H fat and next into water, penalty, GW, chip and 2 putt Overall 2 putts and 0 points 5th Par3, S14 7i on and 2 putts for par Overall 2 putts and 3 points 6th Par4, S8 Driver good, 4H low, 70m BnR with 7i and 3 putts Overall 3 putts and 2 points 7th Par5, S17 Driver good, 3H topped, 6i left towards trees, punch out, GW and 3 putt Overall 3 putts and 0 points 8th Par3, S10 6i short, lob, putt off green and 1 putt Overall 1 putt and 2 points 9th Par4, S7 Driver weak fade right fway, 5i good strike slightly left into trees; punch out onto green and 3 putts Overall 3 putts and 1 point 10th Par4, S6: Driver left just off fway, topped 5i, punch, 6i draw into GUR bunker, chip and 2 putts Overall 2 putts and 1 point 11th Par4, S13: Driver good, 6i hooked and landing in close to next tee box, pitch off the green, chip and 2 putts Overall 2 putts and 1 point 12th Par4, S11: 4w good strike but way left, 6i slice, GW in greenside bunker, out, 3 putts. Overall 3 putts and 0 points 13th Par3, S15 8i on green and 2 putts for par. Overall 2 putts and 3 points 14th Par4, S1 Driver left, 6i fat, 6 topped into bunker, out, punch, lob, 2 putts Overall 2 putt and 0 points 15th Par4, S12 4W way left, punch from trees, 6i short, duffed chip, chip, 2 putt Overall 2 putt and 0 points 16th Par3, S9 4h good strike into trees, lob off green, and 1 putt from off green and 2 putts Overall 2 putts and 2 points 17th Par4, S2 Driver left and weak, 3H fat, 6i slice, 9i fat, picked up 0 points 18th Par5, S4 (test hole 3) Driver weak and slight fade, good punch from trees, fat 4w, good 6i, GW left into greenside bunker, tough lie and couldn't get out X 2 0 points TOTAL 23 points
  • Stinkler likes this

#66 ink

ink

• Members
  • 35868 posts
  • LocationOutta here!!!!

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:26 PM

On another note, I was trying out the 330 RXS yesterday instead of my normal Hex Chrome or TP3... I was finding that I was losing a little distance off the tee with the Chrome, but it is awesome from fway and on the green. I had mixed feelings with the 330 RXS, it felt really good off the tee and putting. Not sure if it was the wind, but didn't feel as good with the irons. I have found that with dimple in dimple balls that I get a late swing in flight with my irons..with the 330 RXS it is better and will keep at it for the next few weeks to give it a proper go. Other balls in the test bag for winter are the Wilson FG tour, Lethals, Srizon Z Star (will be Krish's new ball I think) and waiting for the new Chrome+
  • Stinkler likes this

#67 over the MUFFIN top

over the MUFFIN top

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1852 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:05 PM

Krish, I found that entering it on my phone was a pain as well. So this is what I do – I bought a pack of those old-fashioned index cards which I leave in the pocket of my golf bag with a rubber band around them. Every game that I want to record (which is most apart from team games and games where the course is undergoing renovations), I write the numbers 1 to 18 down the left side of the card when you look at it vertically.

I use the ruled lines as the “columns” and record score, putts, fairway (tick/L/R), bunker side sand shots and penalties. These are the stats that you need to put into golfshot. So after my round I leave the stat card in my pocket until it is convenient to put the score into golfshot.

These days I also use another two columns to record the 100m par 3 game that people have been talking about – I keep my own records of that in a spreadsheet that I maintain.

I find that this system makes it really easy – the index card fits inside the score card, so I carry it all together and record at the same time. Unlike a notebook I don’t have to remember to take it out of my bag and put it back etc.

=============
WINNER (except for Rohan) – 2013 OOM2 C Grade Long Drive

Index cards... great idea...will pop down to office works today.... although I am more keen to take notes like Inkosi does, i think it might be easier to use the index card and develop codes for it... more than my stats I want to use the notes to identify recurring flaws in the my game....

#68 ink

ink

• Members
  • 35868 posts
  • LocationOutta here!!!!

Posted 15 May 2013 - 07:33 PM

Hit the range to work on ball striking and tempo last night. After still snatching a few in the beginning, got into a routine that I felt comfortable with. That being a smooth takeaway and follow though. When things go wrong on the course I tend to ****** the club back on the takeaway and more of a jerky hit at the ball, hands flipping at impact with, rather than a swing through to the target. Huge focus at looking at a spot in front of the ball with my irons, smooth takeaway, hands in front at impact and easy clearing of the hips with a swing through. Driver again was smooth... My current range regime with 100 balls: 5 ball warm up 12 mid-long irons to 50, 75 and 100m 3 SW full swing 50 10 X 5 ball game 5 7i, 6i, 5i, 4h, Dr 18 mock play par 4,5,3,4,3,5 7 2 killer drives and 5 creative play - lob shots Complementing this is short game practise normally done on Saturdays. Got a set of Adams CB2’s to be delivered soon, so really interested to see how I go with those.
  • Stinkler likes this

#69 over the MUFFIN top

over the MUFFIN top

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1852 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:05 AM

fellas, here is my version of a golfing journal...not the best round to start keeping memoirs of....but i had to start someplace... wish I had started last week when I had that Stblfrd 40 https://docs.google....MWc&usp=sharing Thanks to Deege for the system cards idea....bought a deck from officeworks and was able to take notes on course using some symbols and codes... felt like a pro scribbling notes on course :-)

#70 over the MUFFIN top

over the MUFFIN top

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1852 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:07 AM

KA_GOLF JOURNAL - https://docs.google....MWc&usp=sharing

#71 ink

ink

• Members
  • 35868 posts
  • LocationOutta here!!!!

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:17 AM

fellas, here is my version of a golfing journal…not the best round to start keeping memoirs of….but i had to start someplace…
wish I had started last week when I had that Stblfrd 40

https://docs.google.com/spr...;usp=sharing

Thanks to Deege for the system cards idea….bought a deck from officeworks and was able to take notes on course using some symbols and codes… felt like a pro scribbling notes on course :-)

2013 AFL Golf Championship Winner
Ping G15 (10.5 Reg)
TM Burner 19, 22 Deg Hybrids
TM Burner 4i – PW, Cleveland CG15 54 and 62 Wedges
Ping C67 Center Shafted Putter

Ahem, stop squatting in my thread :) Get your own... cheers bud all good, nice work with the details.
  • Stinkler likes this

#72 ink

ink

• Members
  • 35868 posts
  • LocationOutta here!!!!

Posted 27 May 2013 - 03:18 AM

Been 2 weeks since on the course…after a bout of bronchitis knocking me out for about 9 days..went out just to get a game in.With Krish at Kooringal playing stableford. Took the recently acquired Adams forged CB2’s and trying the Wilson FG tour ball. 37 points (20 + 17) and 28 putts with 2 wipes. 6 Pars in total and parred all 4 Par 3’s Tried really hard to focus on a controlled backswing and make good contact which went pretty much ok. I didn’t feel like I had a good swing, but more managed my round much better today. Drives were good, still a bit of work with the irons but loved the feel of the “new” clubs Pitching and chips were really good. After a tentative few weeks, put back my 50m pitch with the SW into my armory instead of a BnR. Putting was ok, had a tough time with the Wilson in terms of feel and distance. So that got me the round against Krish which was a much closer contest. Enjoyed it, know what to work on and hoping for a few more good ones down the line.
  • Stinkler likes this

#73 Goldy

Goldy

Ed Rayner's love child

• Members
  • 39563 posts
  • Location20m closer than you expected

Posted 27 May 2013 - 03:49 AM

Nice work K....especially the par 3 stat, mate. Bloody good putting too.

#74 ink

ink

• Members
  • 35868 posts
  • LocationOutta here!!!!

Posted 27 May 2013 - 04:23 AM

Thanks bud, my fringe play set up my putting...never hit any green from the tee on the Par3's, either short, fringe or bunker...ended being 1 putts for par. Chips really felt good with the CB2's.
  • Stinkler likes this

#75 Deege

Deege

Really nice person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4775 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 27 May 2013 - 06:16 AM

Great work man. That is a real confidence booster.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users