105 replies to this topic

#16 hAcKpRo

hAcKpRo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4745 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:24 AM

Hackproyou obviously hit in the trees all day off the tee and put it into the bunkers as well. Bunkers are a hazard and the day after a hot day you should be able to excuse the greens a little

mate, one of the bunkers 3 of us sunk almost past our ankles in the sand. the next was like concrete.... there is no denying or excusing that. Accept it and move on chap. excusing the green, your kidding yourself, it was hard to tell what was fairway and what was green? putts bounced with the trajectory of 5 irons and needed the clubhead speed of a driver. I have been to plenty of courses including the sandbelt during and around hot weather, none were playing like that.

#17 hAcKpRo

hAcKpRo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4745 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:32 AM

Hack

As far as the back deck going I suspect it won’t be replaced as they are about to embark on building a new clubhouse.

John Huggan on the passing of Seve – “Sadly for all who love golf as the art form it is meant to be and not the science it has become, we may never see his like again.”

It’s all coming down soon! Brand new one being built,

Resident forum moderator
Any issues contact content @ iseekgolf.com

yeah I saw them doing works down there, thank god for that, was pretty run down out the back there..... the front gates and entry walls had signs of graffiti and the like which is dis-appopinting and looks pretty ugly. hopefully the new clubhouse will add a bit of spark the place..... best of luck to them I say and hopefully they can work towards getting their course to the reputation that it still grimly and barely hangs onto..... as i said its all our opinion, and no offence intended as I'm sure the members are fantastic, lovely people..... and they deserve a good course to play on like us members elsewhere. cheers and all the best

#18 Drive4Show

Drive4Show

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2825 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:55 AM

So I guess we won't be seeing Hack back at Huntingdale. That's a shame!

#19 Danz

Danz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4667 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:42 AM

Just about all courses even during pro tournaments have the occasional concrete bunker.

#20 Tackleberry

Tackleberry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:06 AM

Sounds like yet another trunk slammer Hackpro. Did you at least break 90?

#21 Nikey Ho

Nikey Ho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:31 AM

Hack

As far as the back deck going I suspect it won’t be replaced as they are about to embark on building a new clubhouse.

John Huggan on the passing of Seve – “Sadly for all who love golf as the art form it is meant to be and not the science it has become, we may never see his like again.”

It’s all coming down soon! Brand new one being built,

Resident forum moderator
Any issues contact content @ iseekgolf.com

yeah I saw them doing works down there, thank god for that, was pretty run down out the back there…..

the front gates and entry walls had signs of graffiti and the like which is dis-appopinting and looks pretty ugly.

hopefully the new clubhouse will add a bit of spark the place…..

best of luck to them I say and hopefully they can work towards getting their course to the reputation that it still grimly and barely hangs onto…..

as i said its all our opinion, and no offence intended as I’m sure the members are fantastic, lovely people….. and they deserve a good course to play on like us members elsewhere.

cheers and all the best

“I work with retards, Those goofy bastards are about the best thing I’ve got going.” – Pat Healy – “There’s Something About Mary”

Where are you a member of?

#22 Shanks4ever

Shanks4ever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3169 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:08 AM

Huntingdale is by no means the best course in Victoria but it is a still a club most would be happy to play at. It's ranking in best courses in Australia was certainly pumped up by the media after the Aussie Masters tournaments. The widening of playing corridors certainly helped but recent changes have made the course slightly incoherent in places. It still sits comfortably in the top 50 courses in Australia but no where near the best.

#23 parbreaker

parbreaker

QLD 8 STR8 M8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3275 posts
  • LocationQ U E E N S L A N D E R

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:33 AM

It's nice to hear an HONEST appraisal hackpro. Say it like it is for sure.

#24 Drive4Show

Drive4Show

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2825 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:40 AM

I'll post some photos next Saturday so everyone can see just how "disgusting" the greens really are.

#25 Bernie_Larkham

Bernie_Larkham

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2450 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:49 AM

Is it as easy to become a member of as Commonwealth? Haha, couldnt resist!!!

#26 Rhombus

Rhombus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:39 AM

D4S, your devotion to a second rate golf course is the only embarrassing thing here mate! I inderstand youre a menber, but that doesn't discount my opinion and as my opinion is not biased, people probably appreciate it more than yours! There is nothing cohesive about the course and by posts on this topic, it seems as though I'm not alone in my assessment. The only reason it has any prestige at all is because of the Masters, sounds like what a certain Sydney course is trying to do! Give me the Ocean course or Moonah open any day....and that's really saying something.

#27 Drive4Show

Drive4Show

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2825 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:00 AM

D4S, your devotion to a second rate golf course is the only embarrassing thing here mate! I inderstand youre a menber, but that doesn’t discount my opinion and as my opinion is not biased, people probably appreciate it more than yours! There is nothing cohesive about the course and by posts on this topic, it seems as though I’m not alone in my assessment.

The only reason it has any prestige at all is because of the Masters, sounds like what a certain Sydney course is trying to do! Give me the Ocean course or Moonah open any day….and that’s really saying something.

Golf is not a game of perfect!

So you want to be in the same corner as the hack... Good luck with that!

#28 hAcKpRo

hAcKpRo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4745 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:23 AM

it amuses me the strivetoblow actually believes the greens are gold..... any tiny speck of creditability i had for you regarding your "golf" is gone you are funny..... own up, hold your integrity and man the f&*K up, your greens are ****, and general course and club condition is well below par..... stop being a poof

#29 Drive4Show

Drive4Show

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2825 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:28 AM

it amuses me the strivetoblow actually believes the greens are gold…..

any tiny speck of creditability i had for you regarding your “golf” is gone

you are funny…..

own up, hold your integrity and man the f&*K up, your greens are ****, and general course and club condition is well below par…..

stop being a poof

“I work with retards, Those goofy bastards are about the best thing I’ve got going.” – Pat Healy – “There’s Something About Mary”

I've never said gold, I said they aren't "disgusting". Yes, they could be better but they are far from disgusting. The photos next Saturday will show that.

#30 Shanks4ever

Shanks4ever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3169 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:28 AM

As Gary Player once said to the members - "it is the best course of its type in the world" or words to that effect so as not to offend the members. Every member loves his own dung heap, Drive4show is no different. Yub whilst agreeing in general with you, I consider you are being a little too harsh.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users