346 replies to this topic

#31 pgamember

pgamember

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:55 PM

Guys, my forte is golf and writing - not politics! I made an observation as an outsider. The book is titled 'Tour Confidential' not 'Politics 101'

#32 Fingerbang

Fingerbang

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:02 AM

Cool.

#33 jafflemaker

jafflemaker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3625 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:57 AM

Guys, my forte is golf and writing – not politics! I made an observation as an outsider.

The book is titled ‘Tour Confidential’ not ‘Politics 101’

granted that, BUT, you did make that observation. I haven't read your book and have no idea of the context. I just love how most Aussies seem to care more about the US elections but couldn't name their local MP. I vomit every time I see a facebook post imploring for a certain candidate to be the victor in the US. Other than that, I reckon your book sounds like a good read. Might check it out on vacation this week :)

#34 Danz

Danz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4667 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:04 AM

I just merely stated that Trump is a savvy businessman and the country could do with someone as knowledgeable as him
Trump is major ****** bag. He will never run for prez.

#35 iRON MiCK

iRON MiCK

Swing like......

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16309 posts
  • Locationwww.iseekgolf.com

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:47 AM

hey EP, good on you for having a go. Too many just don't, and those that do cop it too often in Australia. Good Luck with whatever comes your way.......

#36 pgamember

pgamember

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:47 AM

@iron_mick, Appreciate the support. I've had a lot of positive reviews thus far. I believe it provides a great and unique insight into our world that not too many people know about. All the best!!!

#37 Talart

Talart

Hit the ball, Find the ball, Hit the ball...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3991 posts
  • LocationThe Nail shop next to Golgotha

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:53 AM

Managed to get the first chapter in the brain box today EP A good read and would be a reality check for future golfers having a crack. Plenty of use in the details fir hackers like me too.

#38 Severiano

Severiano

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:00 AM

well - i finished the book/kindle this morning. .kept me interested coz i finished it in 3 sessions. And I have only ever read 3 books in my lifetime. As EP said in an earlier post, 1000 golfers could write a similar story - it's a tough life. Never a dull moment in this guy's life - talk about ups & downs.... jeez. Talented and persistent but time and time again, fell just short. gotta keep off the piss and gotta be able to finish a round off if ur gonna make it in the big league. I applaud him for putting it on paper, a good reality read.

#39 pgamember

pgamember

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:30 PM

@Severiano, Thank you for the kind words. I'm glad you liked it and the idea was to try and take the reader on the rollercoaster with me - feel the same emotions we do. It's a grind but as tough as it has been, once you get a bit of perspective you realise it beats a 9-5 office job (well my opinion anyway). @Talart, I'm in talks right now to have a paperback version available for release in the early part of 2013.

#40 Proulx

Proulx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:52 PM

I have woken up and read a few chapters this morning, great read. Love the bit about the young Aussie who took his fiancee with him to the Asian Tour and was caught, 'in a compromising situation with two locals' never seen or heard from again!! Good on you pgamember, I have been a big fan ever since watching you smash a quality field at Moonah, you are still very young, fire up and get out there and WIN!

#41 GhettoGolfer

GhettoGolfer

Duke Ghetto Moose

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10397 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:56 PM

Congrats and well done on the book EP. I guess there was also a certain amount of self search and self realisation that came about during the writing of the book as well? Best of luck with everything mate and hope to see it ihard print, the way I like my reading.

#42 pgamember

pgamember

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:03 PM

Thank you for the kind words guys. It will be released as a paperback in early 2013 - was hard enough getting it released as an eBook. It certainly did make me sit back and reflect on where I've gone wrong and what I could have done differently. No matter what level you're at in this game, we all have mental barriers to overcome.

#43 pgamember

pgamember

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:07 PM

'Tour Confidential' has now been released on eBook websites Copia, Kobo, Amazon & is also available on iTunes. Here's the iTunes link: https://itunes.apple...577524702?mt=11

#44 pgamember

pgamember

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:50 AM

Hello everyone, I copied the link above to 'Tour Confidential' on iTunes and here is another link to it available now for $9.99 on Amazon: http://www.amazon.co...ur confidential

#45 Old Poppy

Old Poppy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5949 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:00 AM

Thank you for the kind words guys. It will be released as a paperback in early 2013 – was hard enough getting it released as an eBook.

It certainly did make me sit back and reflect on where I’ve gone wrong and what I could have done differently. No matter what level you’re at in this game, we all have mental barriers to overcome.

Is this your effort to cash in on your fame. I didn't realise you were famous, but I'm starting to think you're on your way to becoming famous. Good luck with the publication..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users