60 replies to this topic

#61 FuzzyJuzzy2109

FuzzyJuzzy2109

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1152 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 08:26 AM

I played Barnbougle on the windiest day I've ever experienced full stop, let alone on a golf course! Was hitting 4 irons 110 metres into the wind, and 9 irons 200 metres down wind! Pars were rare  :wacko:

I got lucky when I played the Barnbougles - it was mid-Feb last year and the wind was benign and temperature probably round 20*. Had an absolute blinder of a day….I could weeks down there playing those courses. Amazing environment to play golf. The two courses on King Island look like they're coming along nicely, and that 36-hole facility near Hobart Airport that Matt Goggin has been pushing (The Golf Preserve) looks like it has cool potential (although it still hasn't been approved: http://www.themercur...s-1226837629146 ). However, these new courses are going to have to be absolutely cracking layouts to compete with Barnbougle Dunes and Lost Farm. They're all going to be great locations for links golf, but they'll also have to be cracking designs. Yes, Barnbougle Dunes and Lost Farm are laid out on amazing pieces of golfing land, but the design of each course is seriously sublime. I put them both on par with NSW GC as the equal three best courses I've had the pleasure of playing to date...

• johnno31 likes this
915D3 w/ Rogue Silver 60 S
915F 3W w/ Rogue Black 80 S
915H 18* w/ Rogue Black 85H S
MP-64s 4-PW w/ S300
Vokey SM4s 52*, 56*, 60*
Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2.0 w/ SuperStroke 3.0

"Everybody's a critic and most people are DJs." The Hold Steady.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users