1151 replies to this topic

#46 DarthWack

DarthWack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:38 PM

Damn!!!! what would have happened if we had’ve kicked straight!!

I don’t have an attitude – I’m just right!!

What if Lefty! Your boys played one good quarter, and nearly won. So all goes well for the rest of the season I'm sure if Hirdy can keep their intensity up. Happy with the Swams form for three quarters, just need to finish games off. I think that is about four games for the year where we have play three good quarters and one bad and, nearly lost.

#47 ftg_lefty

ftg_lefty

Old & bent & devil spent & runnin' out of time

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8838 posts
  • LocationMelbourne Vic.

Posted 11 June 2012 - 09:55 AM

Yep agreed DW - they didn't deserve to win - kicked it away in the first 3 quarters as they did against Melbourne last week, but, boy when they got it going ...........!!!! I guess that's why I'm a Bomber supporter :)

#48 DarthWack

DarthWack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 06:46 PM

Can someone tell me when Spanger is going to be right to play again, surely he should be back on the track by now. I think he could be the missing link to help Sam Reid, and boy does he need some help at the moment!

#49 DrivingWedge

DrivingWedge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:34 PM

spangher did his hamstring in preseason and then retore it 7 weeks later but that was in april....no news since then...hmmmm i was getting worried at the end of that 4th quarter, glad we managed to hold on to that win. will feel so much better when we have goodes back....

#50 DarthWack

DarthWack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 04:11 AM

spangher did his hamstring in preseason and then retore it 7 weeks later but that was in april….no news since then…hmmmm

i was getting worried at the end of that 4th quarter, glad we managed to hold on to that win. will feel so much better when we have goodes back….

Real golf starts at the 10th

Well said Wedgie, Goodes is the key. Thanks for the update on Spanger, he must be getting close to being fit.

#51 Fingerbang

Fingerbang

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 08:40 AM

IS he playing reserves?

#52 DrivingWedge

DrivingWedge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:54 PM

yeah he played 2 weeks ago in the reserves against the suns so looks like he is fit to play at least i thought sam was much better up front at least in the first half last weekend leading harder, not just trying to use his height. he is too skinny and the defence loves to double mark him and he just gets pushed off the ball too easy. starting to kick better as well just needs someone to help him out up front...i feel we leave him out to dry by himself up front so much

#53 DarthWack

DarthWack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 02:35 AM

Goodes is back this week against Geelong, should a good chance to get over the Premiers and, maybe hit the top of the ladder!

#54 Coverdriver

Coverdriver

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 09:47 PM

Ben McGlynn back as well. I hate Geelong. And I am playing golf tomorrow with a mad geelong supporter. C'mon Swannies!

#55 Mekat

Mekat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3377 posts
  • LocationHere

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:46 PM

Goodes is back this week against Geelong, should a good chance to get over the Premiers and, maybe hit the top of the ladder!

If the Swans win, they would be on top by percentage overnight... The winner of Collingwood v West Coast, or the Crows (if they beat the Roos) will be on top for the round.

#56 DrivingWedge

DrivingWedge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 02:55 AM

such a big mental boost having goodsey back as well....got half a chance playing them at home. big game tonight boys!! carn the swannies!

#57 Coverdriver

Coverdriver

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 08:28 AM

Cheer cheer the red and the white!! Bloody hell I don't like these 4th quarter fades. But they hung on again.

#58 DarthWack

DarthWack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 01:56 AM

Great year for the Swannies so far, just got to keep the foot on throat when we get in front. This defending the lead is just not the way to go.

#59 koiom K. Asterisk*

koiom K. Asterisk*

I got this

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12078 posts
  • LocationJDM heaven

Posted 27 June 2012 - 08:39 PM

How have I missed this thread so far? I was born and raised a South Melbourne supporter. Been a great season so far, shame about the fade outs against Essendon and Geelong. Hopefully those missed percentage points don't come back to haunt us when it's time to decide top four or even top 2 for a home final. Looking forward to Goodes shaking off the rust that clearly had accumulated over the last six weeks. And how good is Lewis Jetta?! Just love watching him pick up the ball, seeing who's over his shoulder chasing him, then laughing as he hits the afterburners as he dashes down the wing. Go Bloods!

#60 Mekat

Mekat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3377 posts
  • LocationHere

Posted 28 June 2012 - 05:15 AM

Jetta's a gun, Goodes will shake off the rust... this is a really interesting season... Looking forward to Collingwood's trip to Sydney in round 20... I am thinking the end of the season will be the most exciting in years

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users