#10261 OldBogey

OldBogey

Defining and analysing humour is a pastime of humourless people

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25761 posts
  • LocationRegional Victoria

Posted 16 December 2019 - 12:25 PM

What a beauty gaz , the fairways won’t be the only strolls in store now with lil fella eager for a regular walk

You can take him to Beacy for a 4 hour walk, but you have to keep him on his lead.
Golflink
Olinda Golf Club
Warragul Country Club
People say that nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
West Gippsland Veterans Champion 2017 & 2018
Olinda Golf Club B Grade champion 2018
Warragul Country Club C Grade champion 2019

#10262 GPJ_Longdriver

GPJ_Longdriver

Long Iron Appreciation Society President.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20104 posts
  • LocationWithin reaching distance of a golf club.

Posted 16 December 2019 - 06:34 PM

Wow is that a "real leather" lounge, Gazman ?
Jon...

Um, yes it is Jon …… it lives up in the red room (the spare lounge)

http://www.golf.org....icap/3160102708

Le Hole in 1 (#1) ..... Beaconhills 30/06/2013 6th Hole - Mizuno MP 68 7 iron / TM Lethal ball.
Le Hole in 1 (#2) ...... Beaconhills 09/08/2014 6th Hole - Mizuno MP 68 7 iron / TM Lethal ball.
Le Hole in 1 (#3) ...... Beaconhills 22/02/2015 6th Hole - Mizuno MP 68 7 iron / Titleist NXT Tour ball.

WINS
2012 Rotary Charity Day Dream Team
2013 Cardinia Beaconhills Invitational Classic
2014 Cardinia Beaconhills Invitational Classic
2014 W.A. Invitational Classic (Joondalup)

2015 Cardinia Beaconhills - Captain's Trophy Winner
2016 W.A. Invitational Classic (Albany)
2017 W.A. Invitational Classic (The Cut)
2017 Baconwide Tour 4BBB Flinders -with Chip In King

2018 Coober Pedy Opal Fields Open

2018 Alice Springs Invitational

2019 FNQ Invitational Series
Stink / GPJ Trophy - Lowest Score Off The Stick (OOM's) - Sandhurst, Settlers Run, Growling Frog, Gardiners Run.

President of ISeekGolf - Long Iron Appreciation Society.

Lead proponent for the abolition of Hybrids, G'brids and Rescues
"Caffeine n Darts" - Proud sponsors of GPJ Golfing 2018.

#10263 GPJ_Longdriver

GPJ_Longdriver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20104 posts

Posted 16 December 2019 - 06:37 PM

What a beauty gaz , the fairways won’t be the only strolls in store now with lil fella eager for a regular walk

Yeah, although with his little legs Dave, I reckon Viv will be walking them off him in no time.

• WasabiPea_Shooter likes this

Le Hole in 1 (#1) ..... Beaconhills 30/06/2013 6th Hole - Mizuno MP 68 7 iron / TM Lethal ball.
Le Hole in 1 (#2) ...... Beaconhills 09/08/2014 6th Hole - Mizuno MP 68 7 iron / TM Lethal ball.
Le Hole in 1 (#3) ...... Beaconhills 22/02/2015 6th Hole - Mizuno MP 68 7 iron / Titleist NXT Tour ball.

WINS

Stink / GPJ Trophy - Lowest Score Off The Stick (OOM's) - Sandhurst, Settlers Run, Growling Frog, Gardiners Run.

#10264 GPJ_Longdriver

GPJ_Longdriver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20104 posts

Posted 17 December 2019 - 02:25 PM

Update time from this mornings Stableford round up at Beacy.

Starting off on the Hills back 9, and my long game was a bit all over the shop early on, but I was hanging in there with a couple of handy downhill curling putts to get through the hills at 2 over. (3 early bogey's, and then 1 birdie along the way).

Onto the Lakes 9 and again I started off by being a touch wayward. I did hit my personal shot of the day on the 2nd hole of the Lakes (after a slightly wayward 3 wood off the tee put me in tree trouble).

It was one of those shots you needed to stop and think about, eg, this time a restricted 7 iron swing off a sloping sidehill lie. I was surrounded by large tree ferns, and I had to aim just left of the green in order to have something close to a full swing, (the flag was tucked way up in the back right corner).

I played for a choked down big draw and hit it sweetly. I had 157m to the well tucked pin, and it flew nicely, curling its way towards the target. It landed 3 foot short of the flag and stopped immediately on the soft green.

I missed the bloody birdie putt of course, but after the tee shot, I was lucky to get a four.

That's the thing about the greens on the Lakes, they are quite tricky compared to the Hills greens I reckon. The Hills greens are basically one slope which runs across the whole green, whereas the Lakes has changes in slope every six feet or so it seems, and the break is really sensitive to the putts speed. One poofteenth too slow, and it breaks like a bastard, a touch too firm, and it just keeps going.

I think everyone is still learning the Lakes greens having rarely played it over the years, due to the comp being on the Hills all the time.

But back to the round, ..... scored a long range birdie on the next hole Par 3, gave it back on the very next hole (I hate that), drove one of the par 4's for a 2 putt birdie and birdied 2 of the last 3, (including the last) to finish up with an even par 70 for the day.

My score though may or may not hang on for another win in A Grade, time will tell. Three C Graders have already surpassed my 44 points though, so who knows.

The tale of the tape for me was .......... 5 x Bogeys, 8 x Pars, 5 x Birdies.

It was good fun out there today, and again, it was playing the game that I should be playing, hitting the shots that I should hit (and ignoring the shots that I might want to try instead).

I'm just enjoying my golf right now, I think having clubs that you love hitting and using is the key. Because the irons are capable of all manner of shots, it just gets the old brain fired up and switched on.

In addition, playing the Lakes course is also a learning experience, so trying to match my new clubs to the demands of a new course has my full attention, which is what is missing a lot of the time when playing the familiar Hills I believe.

So, golf is done for another few days now ….. my next round is planned for Saturday this weekend.  ;)

• Tochakka likes this

WINS

#10265 iRON MiCK

iRON MiCK

Swing like......

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16314 posts
  • Locationwww.iseekgolf.com

Posted 17 December 2019 - 05:42 PM

44 pts wow

18.0 by Dec  2019  - 2.0 to go

2017 VIC ISG OOM "The Goldy" Overall Tour Championship Winner*

2017 VIC OOM #5 Gardiners Run Overall Winner

http://www.golf.org....icap/3010407931

"Team Grank" founding member

* LoL

#10266 GPJ_Longdriver

GPJ_Longdriver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20104 posts

Posted 21 December 2019 - 11:11 AM

Played this morning ...... dissapointing 37 points.

Started off on the Lakes course, couldn't buy a putt, but the ball striking was good. Mised birdie putts, and eagle putts, and came away with 22 points or even par.

On the 10 minute walk over to the hills course I must have dropped my golf game, cause it was just terrible after that. 15 points in a forgettable effort. I wasted good shots by following them up with utter rubbish, hit more than one bad one in a row (which I really hate doing) . and just couldn't get it under control at any stage really.

I think the long walk between nines upset my rhythm, as did the 5 minute wait on the tee, and then I just wasn't focussed enough for the shots at hand. I wasn't picking out specific targets like I was doing on the Lakes course, and I guess it was just all a touch familiar and I was blasé about it, so of course, I paid the price.

Not to worry though, it was good fun and my last hit out until sometime post xmas, as I'll be busy at work for a week or so now....  :)

• iRON MiCK and xrman1954 like this

WINS

#10267 GPJ_Longdriver

GPJ_Longdriver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20104 posts

Posted 02 January 2020 - 12:24 PM

Played a couple of times this week, badly on both occasions.

The first game was at Royal Montuna, a tight local layout that I hadn't played for a few years. I behaved myself on the front half for the most part and bunted it around, but gave up and had a crack on the back half and lost it.

I'm not a fan of the course per se, as its got some weird holes, and a couple of stupid ones. It was a fun day out though, playing alongside Bradley and a couple of the boys from work.

Played this morning up at Beacy and I hit a grand total of three shots that I thought were good for the day.

I finished on 29 points and I was doing a bit of experimenting with the irons once more, this time seeing how far I could get them out there when delofting them about a club or two off the tee.

I hit my 5 iron 200m, my 6 iron 185m, and my 7 iron about 170m, which I'm happy with in terms of distance and contact with just easy swings. I've just got to work on the face angle though when delofting em, as I pulled a couple of those shots slightly rightward and missed a couple of greens.

So, the fun and experimenting continues. :)

WINS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users