#10246 Francie

Francie

Inaugural Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38351 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 03 December 2019 - 04:55 PM

'Played this morning, 31 points in total ….. a shite effort, despite some decent shots being played.

I found new ways to stuff up pretty much every hole, be it a bad drive, an errant approach shot, a duffed chip, or some woeful putting."

Ditto! I am going to blame

1) the gale force winds

2) rain and soft ground conditions

3) a week off golf

4) trying a modification to a swing setup in a game without any practice before hand on the range

5) no pre- game warm up due to factors beyond my control ( official duties)

So it was a ho-hum game, some good shots but some a little disappointing; still 31 points is better than the 20 my playing partner scored. He had an " off " day.

There is always tomorrow to try again , as long as the weather improves a bit.

I'm sure GPJ will be rapt that you bothered to give his thread a run down on how you went this morning.   :D  :lol:  

• GPJ_Longdriver and xrman1954 like this
  • ……...

#10247 xrman1954

xrman1954

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1138 posts

Posted 03 December 2019 - 05:36 PM

Yeah I know, but I wanted him to know he is not alone, we all have days like these as John Lennon said.  Empathy and encouragement was my intention; nothing more.

• Francie likes this

I can spell reasonably well, even if in American at times. I cannot type well , so please look for the key I intended to use within one key of the strange one I used.

#10248 iRON MiCK

iRON MiCK

Swing like......

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16314 posts
  • Locationwww.iseekgolf.com

Posted 03 December 2019 - 06:20 PM

20 points isn’t an off day

18.0 by Dec  2019  - 2.0 to go

2017 VIC ISG OOM "The Goldy" Overall Tour Championship Winner*

2017 VIC OOM #5 Gardiners Run Overall Winner

http://www.golf.org....icap/3010407931

"Team Grank" founding member

* LoL

#10249 GPJ_Longdriver

GPJ_Longdriver

Long Iron Appreciation Society President.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20104 posts
  • LocationWithin reaching distance of a golf club.

Posted 03 December 2019 - 08:27 PM

Yeah I know, but I wanted him to know he is not alone, we all have days like these as John Lennon said.  Empathy and encouragement was my intention; nothing more.

Yep, and I appreciated it too. 

http://www.golf.org....icap/3160102708

Le Hole in 1 (#1) ..... Beaconhills 30/06/2013 6th Hole - Mizuno MP 68 7 iron / TM Lethal ball.
Le Hole in 1 (#2) ...... Beaconhills 09/08/2014 6th Hole - Mizuno MP 68 7 iron / TM Lethal ball.
Le Hole in 1 (#3) ...... Beaconhills 22/02/2015 6th Hole - Mizuno MP 68 7 iron / Titleist NXT Tour ball.

WINS
2012 Rotary Charity Day Dream Team
2013 Cardinia Beaconhills Invitational Classic
2014 Cardinia Beaconhills Invitational Classic
2014 W.A. Invitational Classic (Joondalup)

2015 Cardinia Beaconhills - Captain's Trophy Winner
2016 W.A. Invitational Classic (Albany)
2017 W.A. Invitational Classic (The Cut)
2017 Baconwide Tour 4BBB Flinders -with Chip In King

2018 Coober Pedy Opal Fields Open

2018 Alice Springs Invitational

2019 FNQ Invitational Series
Stink / GPJ Trophy - Lowest Score Off The Stick (OOM's) - Sandhurst, Settlers Run, Growling Frog, Gardiners Run.

President of ISeekGolf - Long Iron Appreciation Society.

Lead proponent for the abolition of Hybrids, G'brids and Rescues
"Caffeine n Darts" - Proud sponsors of GPJ Golfing 2018.

#10250 GPJ_Longdriver

GPJ_Longdriver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20104 posts

Posted 03 December 2019 - 08:43 PM

I was just doing a spot of research and came across the following educational video.

I'm not sure if the sound failed on it, but all I can remember from it are the terms "coming from the inside", and "choking down on it".

Enjoy ……. 

Edited by GPJ_Longdriver, 03 December 2019 - 08:43 PM.

• Francie likes this

Le Hole in 1 (#1) ..... Beaconhills 30/06/2013 6th Hole - Mizuno MP 68 7 iron / TM Lethal ball.
Le Hole in 1 (#2) ...... Beaconhills 09/08/2014 6th Hole - Mizuno MP 68 7 iron / TM Lethal ball.
Le Hole in 1 (#3) ...... Beaconhills 22/02/2015 6th Hole - Mizuno MP 68 7 iron / Titleist NXT Tour ball.

WINS

Stink / GPJ Trophy - Lowest Score Off The Stick (OOM's) - Sandhurst, Settlers Run, Growling Frog, Gardiners Run.

#10251 golfguy33

golfguy33

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3940 posts

Posted 03 December 2019 - 10:09 PM

I was just doing a spot of research and came across the following educational video.

I'm not sure if the sound failed on it, but all I can remember from it are the terms "coming from the inside", and "choking down on it".

Enjoy ……. 

Wow Gaz how PC is that ?

Sound quality was fine, the best part was the visual of Paige.

If only we could all swing it like her ( I need a bigger chest to rotate better )
Jon...

#10252 xrman1954

xrman1954

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1138 posts

Posted 04 December 2019 - 06:45 AM

I know  good plastic surgeon in Brazil!

I can spell reasonably well, even if in American at times. I cannot type well , so please look for the key I intended to use within one key of the strange one I used.

#10253 GPJ_Longdriver

GPJ_Longdriver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20104 posts

Posted 10 December 2019 - 02:29 PM

Time for an update .... played Saturday in a very slow affair, and lost a ball on the 17th hole, so dq'ed, as I couldn't be bothered heading back to the tee.

It was a crappy 4 1/2 hour round anyway, marred from the start by just Bradley and I playing as a "two" behind a group of three and groups of four. I could never get warmed up as it was 5 minutes wait on every tee, and on every fairway standing around waiting to play.

I was determined though, that today's round would be better, and that I'd actually try to play well.(just for a change). Today is was playing in drizzle for the front half, then not too bad conditions for the back half of the round with the umbrella going up less on the back half.

After about 7 holes one of the playing partners said to me, "you're actually trying today aren't you"? as I was obviously was taking a lot more care and putting some thought into my round. I finished the front half all square after 3 birdies and 3 bogeys. (Hills back 9)

The next nine was over on the Lakes course, and I started okay with a nice 3 iron fade to about 2 feet on the 200m par 3, but then I went and missed the birdie putt.

I missed another very gettable birdie from the same sort of distance a few holes later, but my game was pretty solid without being spectacular.

I was still hitting the odd bad shot, but recovering okay most of the time. I did however double bogey the last (after my caddy talked me into hitting 3 iron off the tee, instead of what I was going to hit, my new 3W).

So I finished up at 2 over for the round, which was slightly annoying at the end, but hey, that's golf.

It was 43 points for the day, but again, it probably should have been a bit better given the missed, and very makeable chances that I let slip.

My score though won't prevail in the daily comp, a 22 capper is currently sitting pretty on top of the leader board with 44 points.. (something I forecast as soon as Bradley informed me of my points for the day.)

It was nice though to play well, and its something I might focus on a bit more (trying to score well) instead of just playing the shots I want to play regardless of the circumstances at the time.

That was the only real change today, aside from taking the time to actually line myself up properly on every shot. Of late I've just not bothered to line myself up, and just gone and hit the farker without much care.

And today, I was hitting the shots that I should hit, and not the shots that I wanted to try out, which has been what I've been doing for a couple of months now, particularly with the new irons and 3W etc.

So, with some focus on my alignment, the irons were working really nicely today, the putter went okay, my chipping was okay (a couple good, a couple bad), and my driving was passable ... so a decent days golfing with the head and brain engaged for a change.

It won't of course lift my handicap from it's heavy anchor, but who cares, it was a fun day out with the boys, and I hit half a dozen shots that I was very happy with along the way ...  :D

• iRON MiCK likes this

WINS

#10254 iRON MiCK

iRON MiCK

Swing like......

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16314 posts
  • Locationwww.iseekgolf.com

Posted 11 December 2019 - 06:49 PM

Nice Gary

18.0 by Dec  2019  - 2.0 to go

2017 VIC ISG OOM "The Goldy" Overall Tour Championship Winner*

2017 VIC OOM #5 Gardiners Run Overall Winner

http://www.golf.org....icap/3010407931

"Team Grank" founding member

* LoL

#10255 VijayJay

VijayJay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 13 December 2019 - 11:29 PM

• You are correct, in that I have stated in the past about guys off high handicaps winning comps.
  • And yes, in the vast majority of club comps, the lowest score off the stick does mean fark all.
  • And yes, I stand by the fact that guys drift outwards in their caps with the sole intention to win a particular comp.

So, somehow, you extrapolate those three points and come up with the fact that I apparently care about my score???

I'm not sure how you managed to draw that conclusion from those three points, which sounds like posts that I created god knows how long ago (but at least you were paying attention …… I think.)

To me those 3 points have no relation to what I feel about my own score, (which is possibly highlighted by my most recent response to Micky.)

I could give you a few very recent examples about how much I care about my score.

On the 10th hole yesterday up at Beacy (a par 5), I hit driver, 2 iron and wedge, and landed in the front greenside bunker. 5 shots later "in said bunker" and I was finally on the green and two putted for a 10.

Oh, by the way, the comp was Stroke and it was "Monthly Medal" ... so some on the day may have taken it seriously.

On the 15 hole, a downhill par 3 of some 135 metres, I scored a 4. That score consisted of using my putter off the tee, followed by 3 regulation putts whilst on the green.

On the par 300metre par4 18th, I used my "5 iron" ……. off the tee, and everywhere else, and recorded a total of 6 shots for the hole from memory.

So, my most recent golf outing could lead the vast majority of dedicated golfers to think that …. perhaps … my score is not always the highest priority when I play. ;)</p>
This doesn't really fit the current and past native now does it.
I see your posts saying you don't care about your score.
I get that, I feel, the same way
Play well young man

#10256 GPJ_Longdriver

GPJ_Longdriver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20104 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 05:47 PM

Time for a quick update from this morning's Stableford round.

It was a 5 over par affair…... or 39 points, and not a decent putt in sight.

I missed a few "half gettable" birdie chances along the way, and I ended up bogeying 5 of the holes, 3 of them on the Hills, and 2 on the Lakes course.

I'm just loving my new Wilson Model irons though, they are such fun to hit, and feel so sweet out of the middle.

They are giving me lots of good chances around the greens now as I've pretty much got the full shot distances sorted out, and for shots that are less than full, they are just so responsive and predictable in terms of flight and shape.

I reckon the new Wilson's easily outperform any of my Mizuno sets, so I'll be hanging onto these for a bloody long time to come and enjoying the crap out of them.  :)

• Weetbix likes this

WINS

#10257 GPJ_Longdriver

GPJ_Longdriver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20104 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 06:04 PM

Oh, and just a quick note to add …... we've had a new arrival to the family very recently.

He's a ten week old Mini Schnauzer, who goes by the official name of "McIlroy" …

(The Beloved didn't want to call him Rory, but agreed on McIlroy)

So here is Rory …..  ;)

Attached File  Rory.jpg   71.17KB   2 downloads

Edited by GPJ_Longdriver, 15 December 2019 - 06:04 PM.

• WasabiPea_Shooter likes this

WINS

#10258 WasabiPea_Shooter

WasabiPea_Shooter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4369 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 08:11 PM

Oh, and just a quick note to add …... we've had a new arrival to the family very recently.

He's a ten week old Mini Schnauzer, who goes by the official name of "McIlroy" …

(The Beloved didn't want to call him Rory, but agreed on McIlroy)

So here is Rory …..  ;)

attachicon.gifRory.jpg

What a beauty gaz , the fairways won’t be the only strolls in store now with lil fella eager for a regular walk

#10259 Weetbix

Weetbix

Par in my sight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 43513 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 15 December 2019 - 08:37 PM

OMG

Me and Bubs are in love! What a cutie

Handicap
Best result: 2 over 74 at Hills International on 13 Feb 2016
Eagles: 21/10/16 17th Keysborough, 24/10/16 18th Woodlands, 15/4/18 16th Carbrook
Goal: A round at par or better!
Brisbane Fairways 2015 Club Champion

2018 Nationals 4BBB Champion with Commish
Winner: 2015 Nationals day 5 round at Links Hope Island
Winner: 2016 Nationals day 5 round at Woodlands
Winner: 2017 Nationals day 5 round at Bonnie Doon

​Winner: 2018 Nationals day 2 round at Kooralbyn

​Winner: 2018 Nationals day 3 round at Sanctuary Cove Pines
South East Queensland Golf Group - Treasurer
http://www.brisbanef...ssocialgolf.com - Treasurer

#10260 golfguy33

golfguy33

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3940 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 09:34 PM

Wow is that a "real leather" lounge, Gazman ?
Jon...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users