#10231 koiom K. Asterisk*

koiom K. Asterisk*

I got this

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12273 posts
  • LocationJDM heaven

Posted 19 November 2019 - 01:55 PM

Is there some history behind this that you can share? Don’t worry...I won’t tell anyone....

I thought only dogs could hear Dancer?

• Francie, iRON MiCK, Goldy and 1 other like this
http://www.golf.org....icap/3011891841

2014 Heritage OOM#3 A Grade Winner
2014 Bendigo Slog Pairs Winner with Ghetto
2014 Vic ISG Matchplay Runner Up
2015 Vic ISG Matchplay Semi Finalist
2016 Keysborough GC April Medal Winner
2016 ISG Race to 6 Winner
2017 Torquay OOM#3 A Grade Winner
2017 Overall A Grade OOM Winner
2017 Vic ISG Goldy Trophy Runner Up
2018 Bacon Wide Tour Keysie Invitational Winner
2018 ISG National Champion*
2018 Stink/GPJ Trophy Winner Gardiners Run OOM
Have never been beaten by Mick off the stick

#10232 Goldy

Goldy

Ed Rayner's love child

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40060 posts
  • Location20m closer than you expected

Posted 19 November 2019 - 03:27 PM

Him. Mick. Mike Tyson.

• Francie and koiom K. Asterisk* like this
Winner Moonah Legends 2013 ISG Nationals
Winner The National 2013 ISG Nationals
Winner 4BBB 2013 ISG Nationals
Winner Stink's 3 Club Challenge 2015
Winner C grade OOM The Sands 2016
Hole-in-one Growling Frog 14/1/17 5th hole 137m TM RBZ 5 hybrid, Srixon AD333 ball
Growling Frog GC Matchplay Champion 2017
Winner B grade OOM Curlewis 2018

Other, less impressive stuff...(I know...it's marginal...)
R/Up ISG Nationals 2013

C Grade LD Growling Frog 8/2/14, 11th hole, TM R1, HOF Patriot shaft, testicles of steel
3 Birdies in one round The Glades 2015 ISG Nationals
C Grade LD Growling Frog 26/12/17, 15th hole, Callaway BB Alpha, HOF Patriot shaft, same old testicles of steel
C Grade LD Growling Frog 11/8/18, blah blah blah,,,,this is getting to be almost monotonous.....

C Grade LD Growling Frog 1/9/18,...maybe these are now so commonplace I should just stop listing them

Never contended for the trophy named for me

Low Handicap point 12.7 9/4/16

Finally...and most importantly...
Smoldy....when only the best will do.

#10233 koiom K. Asterisk*

koiom K. Asterisk*

I got this

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12273 posts
  • LocationJDM heaven

Posted 19 November 2019 - 03:34 PM

Him. Mick. Mike Tyson.

thavage

• Goldy likes this
http://www.golf.org....icap/3011891841

2014 Heritage OOM#3 A Grade Winner
2014 Bendigo Slog Pairs Winner with Ghetto
2014 Vic ISG Matchplay Runner Up
2015 Vic ISG Matchplay Semi Finalist
2016 Keysborough GC April Medal Winner
2016 ISG Race to 6 Winner
2017 Torquay OOM#3 A Grade Winner
2017 Overall A Grade OOM Winner
2017 Vic ISG Goldy Trophy Runner Up
2018 Bacon Wide Tour Keysie Invitational Winner
2018 ISG National Champion*
2018 Stink/GPJ Trophy Winner Gardiners Run OOM
Have never been beaten by Mick off the stick

#10234 GPJ_Longdriver

GPJ_Longdriver

Long Iron Appreciation Society President.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20104 posts
  • LocationWithin reaching distance of a golf club.

Posted 19 November 2019 - 04:51 PM

Is there some history behind this that you can share? Don’t worry...I won’t tell anyone....

Tis news to me too Goldy …….  :)

http://www.golf.org....icap/3160102708

Le Hole in 1 (#1) ..... Beaconhills 30/06/2013 6th Hole - Mizuno MP 68 7 iron / TM Lethal ball.
Le Hole in 1 (#2) ...... Beaconhills 09/08/2014 6th Hole - Mizuno MP 68 7 iron / TM Lethal ball.
Le Hole in 1 (#3) ...... Beaconhills 22/02/2015 6th Hole - Mizuno MP 68 7 iron / Titleist NXT Tour ball.

WINS
2012 Rotary Charity Day Dream Team
2013 Cardinia Beaconhills Invitational Classic
2014 Cardinia Beaconhills Invitational Classic
2014 W.A. Invitational Classic (Joondalup)

2015 Cardinia Beaconhills - Captain's Trophy Winner
2016 W.A. Invitational Classic (Albany)
2017 W.A. Invitational Classic (The Cut)
2017 Baconwide Tour 4BBB Flinders -with Chip In King

2018 Coober Pedy Opal Fields Open

2018 Alice Springs Invitational

2019 FNQ Invitational Series
Stink / GPJ Trophy - Lowest Score Off The Stick (OOM's) - Sandhurst, Settlers Run, Growling Frog, Gardiners Run.

President of ISeekGolf - Long Iron Appreciation Society.

Lead proponent for the abolition of Hybrids, G'brids and Rescues
"Caffeine n Darts" - Proud sponsors of GPJ Golfing 2018.

#10235 Francie

Francie

Inaugural Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38351 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 20 November 2019 - 05:47 AM

Tis news to me too Goldy …….  :)

A little bit tongue in cheek gents.    He's not one of the big talkers on the "tour".  ;)

• Goldy likes this
  • ……...

#10236 Francie

Francie

Inaugural Member

• Members
  • 38351 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 20 November 2019 - 05:48 AM

I must admit though....this made me laugh out loud.    :lol:  :D

• ……...

#10237 iRON MiCK

iRON MiCK

Swing like......

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16314 posts
  • Locationwww.iseekgolf.com

Posted 22 November 2019 - 10:00 PM

Funny inkosi. My dog can here me calling when I hit the Melba Tunnel on the way home from work.

18.0 by Dec  2019  - 2.0 to go

2017 VIC ISG OOM "The Goldy" Overall Tour Championship Winner*

2017 VIC OOM #5 Gardiners Run Overall Winner

http://www.golf.org....icap/3010407931

"Team Grank" founding member

* LoL

#10238 GPJ_Longdriver

GPJ_Longdriver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20104 posts

Posted 25 November 2019 - 06:07 PM

Quick update ....... played at Gardiners Run in the OOM ..... nice course!!

Had fun playing alongside 3 bandits, hit some good ones, some average ones, and a couple of bad ones for 38 points.

It should have been much better, a couple of putts left in the heart, and two wipes "off the tee" didn't bode well.

The driver was very average yesterday, but that was just due to the swing I put on it, as there were some real shockers. I didn't get one out of the middle of the big dog all day ……. so I hit my new 3W more than a few times due to wanting to find at least a couple of fairways with a long club. I also hit a few long irons off the tee which worked well.

The Wilson tour 3W flew really nicely off a short tee, so it looks like it was a good addition to my growing bag of Wilson clubs.

Their Model Irons though, are just bloody good fun to hit, the highlight shot of my round being on the par 5 10th hole. After flushing my new 3W straight over the dogleg corner bunkers and onto a ledge, I was left with an even 2 hunge to the pin.

With bunkers across the front of the green and a lot of crap around it, I had to hit a high draw with my 3 iron, (not the easiest shot to pull off with a blade), but bound to be great fun attempting.

Anyway, it flew perfectly as envisaged, and landed it on the green at about 190m, and it rolled up to around pin high. A downhill slightly left to right 12 footer dropped in the cup for a welcome eagle and a score of 3 for 5 …..

There is still lots of work to do on my new irons, in terms of nailing the carry distances on 3/4 swing shots (I erred a couple of times yesterday in club selection) . but that's one thing that I really enjoy about the game, all the variations we have available at our fingertips .......... so it won't take me long to bed the numbers down.

So a fun day playing alongside aforementioned bandits, (Dancer Dave, Wasabi Dave, and Nelson Dave), on a very nice golf course indeed. If it wasn't so far away I'd certainly consider playing it more than just on our ISG days.

My next round is lets see, in about 12 hours time up at Beacy … where I get to hit the new clubs all over again …. fark its a hard life ….  ;)

Le Hole in 1 (#1) ..... Beaconhills 30/06/2013 6th Hole - Mizuno MP 68 7 iron / TM Lethal ball.
Le Hole in 1 (#2) ...... Beaconhills 09/08/2014 6th Hole - Mizuno MP 68 7 iron / TM Lethal ball.
Le Hole in 1 (#3) ...... Beaconhills 22/02/2015 6th Hole - Mizuno MP 68 7 iron / Titleist NXT Tour ball.

WINS

Stink / GPJ Trophy - Lowest Score Off The Stick (OOM's) - Sandhurst, Settlers Run, Growling Frog, Gardiners Run.

#10239 GPJ_Longdriver

GPJ_Longdriver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20104 posts

Posted 26 November 2019 - 11:13 AM

T'was an interesting round this morning, playing as a twosome at the head of the field of old boys. Playing partner Rusty and I got off to a solid start on the 10th of the hills, with pars.

On the par 3 11th, I'd had a total of 4 shots when Rusty kindly picked my ball up for me on the green ….sadly I still had one shot left on the hole, but it was obviously not to be. I had a good laugh about it though with him.

A couple of less than glorious holes followed as I was still trying to find my swing for the day. The irons were bending mightily through the air, and I was struggling to keep them on track.

I started to get my swing under some semblance of control by the halfway mark, when I ditched the driver for the round and just went with my new 3W or a long iron off the tee.

15 points on the front half ……… (1 birdie)

Onto the Lakes course now . and I went around there in 2 over, with a lot of wasted shots thrown in for good measure. So 21 points (2 birdies) ……… and again, it could have been anything really, as I wasted some good chances.

I nearly drove a couple of the par 4's with my 3W, (front fringe) and finished up with one birdie and one disappointing par on them.

The good stuff ……. I'm slowly getting used to the slightly longer, and thinner gripped putter, and my distance control with it is pretty good at the moment.

The irons are an ongoing learning process, but my uneducated hands at times let me down.

I'm just not opening the clubface enough when playing a lot of shots. With an in to out swing of anywhere from 5 to 10 degrees at times, I need the clubface open a few degrees through impact in order to get a nice controllable draw.

If the clubface comes through square though, as it does on occasion …. I end up with something close to a hook, and just overcook it, and that's no good on a par 3 where the tee shot is key.

It is a work in progress, and I am learning with every round I use them, and I must admit ….. I love the bloody things already.

My distances haven't really changed much due to both them and the Mizuno's being your more traditional lofts.

They are just so nice and pure to hit, and I reckon, they actually go better than my Mizuno sets in terms of controlling the trajectory and the distances, etc.

Perhaps it's the different shaft choice that suits me better, or just the slimmer sleeker profile going through impact, but I reckon I'll be hanging on to these for years, as they are ideal to hit, particularly when trying to do something other than a just a boring full shot.

That's where the fun in the game is for me, so I reckon they are well suited to how I want to play the game, as it appears, may be my new 3W.

Next round is planned for Sunday, so I've got a few days to contemplate and ponder on my game …..  :D

WINS

#10240 iRON MiCK

iRON MiCK

Swing like......

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16314 posts
  • Locationwww.iseekgolf.com

Posted 26 November 2019 - 12:09 PM

Glad you enjoyed Gardiners G. I’m pretty happy there.

18.0 by Dec  2019  - 2.0 to go

2017 VIC ISG OOM "The Goldy" Overall Tour Championship Winner*

2017 VIC OOM #5 Gardiners Run Overall Winner

http://www.golf.org....icap/3010407931

"Team Grank" founding member

* LoL

#10241 GPJ_Longdriver

GPJ_Longdriver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20104 posts

Posted 26 November 2019 - 06:52 PM

Glad you enjoyed Gardiners G. I’m pretty happy there.

Yes, the more I play there Micky, the more enjoyable it is. I'm even starting to remember a few holes on the course, so a bit of prior learning comes into play at times.

I can certainly see why you'd enjoy it there Micky. There are more than a few holes where you have a choice in you're teeing off club.

At a lot of courses you just reach for a driver on every hole apart from the par 3's, so for me, having another option or two quite often on the tee boxes,  is a sign of a very good course. It always seems to be in very good condition too, which makes it a great place to spend four or so hours. ;)

• iRON MiCK likes this

WINS

#10242 GPJ_Longdriver

GPJ_Longdriver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20104 posts

Posted 01 December 2019 - 03:21 PM

Played today up at Beacy Hills / Lakes combo, par format.

Finished at +1, so an average days work at best.

I hit some half decent shots, and some real shockers during the round, with no really good shots played.

My game however feels like it is on the verge of returning to what it was six months ago, but my swing is still variable more often than I care to accept.

My new clubs are working well, and I'm dialling them in more and more, but just not really capitalising on my chances too often at the moment.

The driver swing is so far off the boil though, its a good thing we're playing the Lakes so I can put it away for the duration.

I feel like I'm just dragging the club rightward and upwards through impact, and finishing off balance which is never good.

I'm not doing it with any other club in the bag, so its quite unnerving to stand over the ball and wonder wtf is going to happen with my swing.

Is it possible to get the yips with a driver a la IBF?

I did hit one or two good ones with it during this morning's round but they were definitely "steered" into the middle of the fairway and not just belted there with confidence as is my usual bent.

Anyway, the rest of my game is slowly getting there I feel, so I'm sure I'll sort out the long club and start to hit some better shots. Who knows, my handicap may even come back down from it's anchor, but who cares, certainly not I ….. I just want to hit a lot more nice ones going around ….

Next round is planned for Tuesday at this stage ….. ;)  

WINS

#10243 GPJ_Longdriver

GPJ_Longdriver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20104 posts

Posted 03 December 2019 - 10:48 AM

Played this morning, 31 points in total ….. a shite effort, despite some decent shots being played.

I found new ways to stuff up pretty much every hole, be it a bad drive, an errant approach shot, a duffed chip, or some woeful putting.

I'd put a different putter in the bag for the round, a Cleveland blade type arrangement, and after 3 holes I was ready to put it over my knee. I just had no feel for it at any stage, pushing them, pulling them, leaving them short, racing them a long way by . it was just horrible.

On a positive note, I'd also tweaked the driver setting to add a touch of draw, which worked well. I only overcooked it one or two times and the rest flew pretty straight. For me if I want to tame a draw I'll adjust the driver to a draw setting, if I want to tame a slice, I'll open the face ... call it reverse psychology, but it works for me.

What wasn't working today ....... was everything else. Again I was on one of the Lakes course's Par 4's after my drive …… and then proceeded to "3 putt" my way to a regulation par.

I really shouldn't be doing that sort of wasteful crap .. (and I was trying at that stage).

So that was golf for today, hit some nice ones, hit some okay ones and hit some rubbish ones, and thought that I should have played better ..... sounds like any other round doesn't it?

Next round is due sometime on Saturday morning, when I'll tee it up alongside some random's as the boys "forgot" to book me in with them in the earlier grouping.

Oh, in other news,  I scored myself a couple of iron sets this week.

One of our Aussie lady pro's who had borrowed my Srixon set off me, returned them the other day, and I'm also in the process of buying a 2nd hand set of lefty MP52's, so the club racks at home are starting to look a little on the full side. I may have to expand the cupboards if it continues, given I've also scored another bag to add to the collection.

Anyway, enough of the update, time to relax ...... and ponder the error of my ways today ....  ;)

WINS

#10244 Francie

Francie

Inaugural Member

• Members
  • 38351 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 03 December 2019 - 11:06 AM

Gee....you'll have more sets of clubs than you do at work.   Good thing though....if I'm in the market for an upgrade...i'll give you a call.    ;) 

• ……...

#10245 xrman1954

xrman1954

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1138 posts

Posted 03 December 2019 - 11:32 AM

'Played this morning, 31 points in total ….. a shite effort, despite some decent shots being played.

I found new ways to stuff up pretty much every hole, be it a bad drive, an errant approach shot, a duffed chip, or some woeful putting."

Ditto! I am going to blame

1) the gale force winds

2) rain and soft ground conditions

3) a week off golf

4) trying a modification to a swing setup in a game without any practice before hand on the range

5) no pre- game warm up due to factors beyond my control ( official duties)

So it was a ho-hum game, some good shots but some a little disappointing; still 31 points is better than the 20 my playing partner scored. He had an " off " day.

There is always tomorrow to try again , as long as the weather improves a bit.

I can spell reasonably well, even if in American at times. I cannot type well , so please look for the key I intended to use within one key of the strange one I used.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users