#31 Francie

Francie

Inaugural Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38351 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 21 November 2011 - 07:01 PM

Well to the Murray, and in particular Yarrawonga, I go tomorrow. I got the go ahead to go and visit mum and at the same time I'm sure I'll get a couple of games in. Downloaded the 3 Yarra courses into my Sureshot and after playing yesterday, today and a couple of times at Yarra' hopefully I'm hitting the ball a bit better. Looking forward to it.

#32 tassimike

tassimike

tassimke

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 920 posts
  • Locationlaunceston

Posted 22 November 2011 - 03:47 PM

Well to the Murray, and in particular Yarrawonga, I go tomorrow.

I got the go ahead to go and visit mum and at the same time I’m sure I’ll get a couple of games in. Downloaded the 3 Yarra courses into my Sureshot and after playing yesterday, today and a couple of times at Yarra’ hopefully I’m hitting the ball a bit better.

Looking forward to it.

2011 ISG OOM Finalist
2011 ISG Order of Merit # 2 Putting Champion – Long Island
2011 ISG Growling Frog – Handicap Equal 5th

http://www.gippswebs.com.au...

http://www.golflink.com.au/...

How long for Francie? Wife and I are going Sunday...Mike.

#33 Francie

Francie

Inaugural Member

• Members
  • 38351 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 22 November 2011 - 04:48 PM

Only till Friday, Tassi. I'm back at work on Sunday unfortunately.

#34 tassimike

tassimike

tassimke

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 920 posts
  • Locationlaunceston

Posted 23 November 2011 - 03:08 AM

Only till Friday, Tassi. I’m back at work on Sunday unfortunately.

2011 ISG OOM Finalist
2011 ISG Order of Merit # 2 Putting Champion – Long Island
2011 ISG Growling Frog – Handicap Equal 5th

http://www.gippswebs.com.au...

http://www.golflink.com.au/...

Sorry that we will miss you ....Mike..

#35 Francie

Francie

Inaugural Member

• Members
  • 38351 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 23 November 2011 - 09:45 AM

Me too budy. Watch this space or the other thread and I'll update you on the condition in the next couple of days. I arrived today and it looks like I'll get at least 9 holes in tomorrow at Black Bull and play Yarra' on Thursday. Planning on hitting Yarra' driving range tomorrow as well.

#36 GPJ_Longdriver

GPJ_Longdriver

Long Iron Appreciation Society President.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20104 posts
  • LocationWithin reaching distance of a golf club.

Posted 23 November 2011 - 07:56 PM

Getting de javu here Pete. I could have sworn I'd just read that somewhere else!! Happy hitting buddy.

#37 Francie

Francie

Inaugural Member

• Members
  • 38351 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 23 November 2011 - 08:03 PM

Thank you. :-) Should never post when you are drunk.

#38 GPJ_Longdriver

GPJ_Longdriver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20104 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 11:28 PM

Some on here would never post at all if that's the rule.

#39 Goldy

Goldy

Ed Rayner's love child

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40060 posts
  • Location20m closer than you expected

Posted 23 November 2011 - 11:30 PM

Being drunk would actually assist reading some of them. Not looking at any bear or OOM winner in particular.....

#40 Francie

Francie

Inaugural Member

• Members
  • 38351 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 24 November 2011 - 03:01 AM

Ok. Quick update on today's events. Shot down to the driving range at Yarrawonga & Border Golf at about midday. When I last used the range you could use your own balls and then go and pick them up. Now they have a range ball dispensing machine that uses prepaid disks. You have to go to the pro shop and pay - get the disks relevant to how many balls you want and they give you the ball bucket. I put my first disk in and got half a bucket - 2nd disk didn't give me any more but one of the members gabbed me some. Range hit was good and managed to straighten out the irons.

#41 Francie

Francie

Inaugural Member

• Members
  • 38351 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 24 November 2011 - 06:59 PM

After the range yesterday I drove out to Silverwood "Black Bull" estate and played 9 holes. Got out there about 1.30 pm and arrived just as 3 other guys pulled in and who hadn't been there for a while. (We both went to the old pro shop first) The new pro shop is completed and I'm told they moved in at Easter time. Looks like a well stocked shop. I managed to sneak on before the other 3 and got away quickly. I played off the black tees, which is 3100 metres for the 9 holes and par 36. $25 to play 9 of $40 for 18 Conditions were perfect, fairways like carpet, bunkers consistant with sand and greens very true. Hardly saw a pitch mark on them but I wouldn't say they are quick as there was a light covering of sand after what looks like some scarafying. The greens are quite large and have lots of steep slopes to them so local knowledge is needed to ensure you finish on the right level. After the second hole I hardly saw anyone else out there and I played two balls. One with my driver and then one ball with GPJ's loaned driver. Started to hit it fairly straight by the end of the day and birdied the par 5 9th. As usual it's a great 9 holes (far better than the executive 9 at Yarrawonga) and with the limited number that seem to play it, well worth a game. "Do yourself a favour."

#42 GPJ_Longdriver

GPJ_Longdriver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20104 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 08:43 PM

Nice review Pete. A " midweek afternoon hit" is always a pretty good time out on the course isn't it ............ particularly if you have the time to play a couple of balls at once.

#43 Francie

Francie

Inaugural Member

• Members
  • 38351 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 24 November 2011 - 09:01 PM

Too right. Very relaxing and it gave me time to work on things. Playing at Yarrawonga this afternoon with the Brother In Law. He's putting his 3rd card in since joining in March. (Obviously not getting out much) Not sure which course we'll be playing at this stage.

#44 ChipGMac

ChipGMac

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:52 PM

Thread is pretty old but I thought I would simply tack on, rather than create a new one etc. What are people's thoughts on staying in Cobram vs staying elsewhere. I am finding it tough to get accommodation in Yarrawonga in April next year. Also, if I was to organise a 5 day trip to play 36 hole days, which courses would you play twice within that time? Reason being we are playing a Ryder Cup style event and want to play the courses before the matches start. Cheers

#45 GordoNB

GordoNB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:13 AM

I played Cobram Barooga on the weekend stayed at The Golfers View Motel they are friendly and the price good. I played both courses and they are in very good condition and greens were perfect to put on. Last Saturday was the last round of the club championships but overall it was a great golfing weekend.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users