I am going to Rich River in two weeks, it is gonna be great

#17 Murray Downs01

Murray Downs01

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 02:47 AM

G'Day, You might notice I'm a bit biased, but I do believe MDG&CC is the best course along the Murray!! I use to live over that way and it was my home course, would I travel and play three days in a row, yes. It is a course with enough tricks in it to be a challenge each day. I now live over Cobram way and am happy to report that all the courses in this neck of the woods, Yarrawonga, Cobram-Barooga, and Toc are all in really good nick. Whatever you choose I don't think you will be disappointed. Regards MD

#18 Brianwh

Brianwh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 03:45 AM

We have considered Murray Downs but as has been pointed out, its not close to others and is a fair bit further away. At this stage we look like basing ourselves at Yarrawonga - yet to decide whether we will play any where else. Tocumwall and/or Cobram seem to be the best other options.

#19 GordoNB

GordoNB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 04:16 AM

I was on the Murray last week and I think Yarrawonga is the place to stay I stopped at Barooga and where i stopped was great but when I went to the club it was dead in comparison to Yarrawonga. The golf courses at Barooga were in great condition so no complaints there. I just think for all round conditions and golf in general I would stay in Yarrawonga

#20 tassimike

tassimike

tassimke

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 920 posts
  • Locationlaunceston

Posted 10 September 2011 - 05:43 AM

We have considered Murray Downs but as has been pointed out, its not close to others and is a fair bit further away. At this stage we look like basing ourselves at Yarrawonga – yet to decide whether we will play any where else. Tocumwall and/or Cobram seem to be the best other options.

Try "Black Bull" at Yarrawonga as well Brian, you wont be dissapointed...Mike...

#21 Francie

Francie

Inaugural Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38117 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 10 September 2011 - 05:51 AM

We have considered Murray Downs but as has been pointed out, its not close to others and is a fair bit further away. At this stage we look like basing ourselves at Yarrawonga – yet to decide whether we will play any where else. Tocumwall and/or Cobram seem to be the best other options.

Try “Black Bull” at Yarrawonga as well Brian, you wont be dissapointed…Mike…

+ 1. Black Bull will be great when they open the second 9 but at the moment the 9 holes are quite challenging.

#22 tassimike

tassimike

tassimke

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 920 posts
  • Locationlaunceston

Posted 11 September 2011 - 05:47 AM

Do you know when , Francie.

#23 Francie

Francie

Inaugural Member

• Members
  • 38117 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 11 September 2011 - 08:01 AM

Mike, the last time I was there I spoke with the pro shop and estate agent. It appears that they have to sell a certain quantity of the blocks before they can commit to finishing the course. My thoughts are that it may be quite a few years as they have a projected plan of somewhere near 4 to 7 years (I think from memory)

#24 tassimike

tassimike

tassimke

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 920 posts
  • Locationlaunceston

Posted 13 September 2011 - 05:52 AM

Mike, the last time I was there I spoke with the pro shop and estate agent. It appears that they have to sell a certain quantity of the blocks before they can commit to finishing the course.

My thoughts are that it may be quite a few years as they have a projected plan of somewhere near 4 to 7 years (I think from memory)

2011 ISG Order of Merit # 2 Putting Champion – Long Island
2011 ISG Eynesbury – Handicap 2nd
2011 ISG Growling Frog – Handicap Equal 5th

http://www.gippswebs.com.au...

http://www.golflink.com.au/...

Thats a shame Francie. When wifey and I get to Yarrawonga we like to play other courses and Black Bull is good value. I thought they were well under way with the next nine. They might not be selling as well as they thought...Mike...

#25 Francie

Francie

Inaugural Member

• Members
  • 38117 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 13 September 2011 - 06:11 AM

Mike, the last time I was there I spoke with the pro shop and estate agent. It appears that they have to sell a certain quantity of the blocks before they can commit to finishing the course.

My thoughts are that it may be quite a few years as they have a projected plan of somewhere near 4 to 7 years (I think from memory)

http://www.gippswebs.com.au…

Thats a shame Francie. When wifey and I get to Yarrawonga we like to play other courses and Black Bull is good value. I thought they were well under way with the next nine. They might not be selling as well as they thought…Mike…

Exactly Mike...........there is a plan in place but you can't predict sales. I believe the remainder of the course is "ready to go" and all it will need is grass etc but until they sell the right number of properties to fund it, it wont be finished.

#26 tassimike

tassimike

tassimke

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 920 posts
  • Locationlaunceston

Posted 13 September 2011 - 06:29 AM

http://www.gippswebs.com.au…

Thats a shame Francie. When wifey and I get to Yarrawonga we like to play other courses and Black Bull is good value. I thought they were well under way with the next nine. They might not be selling as well as they thought…Mike…

Exactly Mike…........there is a plan in place but you can’t predict sales. I believe the remainder of the course is “ready to go” and all it will need is grass etc but until they sell the right number of properties to fund it, it wont be finished.

http://www.gippswebs.com.au...

Denise and I were thinking seriously of moveing to Yarrawonga and building at Silverwoods but trying to sell a business, even though it is a successful one ,was at the time ,very hard ,hence we are still in Launceston...Mike...

#27 Murray Downs01

Murray Downs01

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 10:20 PM

G'Day, Interested to see what you all think of the rebranding of Yarrawonga? http://www.yarragolf.com.au/ Regards MD

#28 tassimike

tassimike

tassimke

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 920 posts
  • Locationlaunceston

Posted 23 September 2011 - 05:18 AM

The old home page was getting a bit boring. Looks good......PS. The best pro shop I have been into anywhere...Mike..

#29 Codboy

Codboy

Goat coniseu

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7287 posts
  • Locationoutta here

Posted 24 September 2011 - 08:15 PM

The new branding looks great and is very professional, the club is going from strength to strength. Ahhh.......yarrawonga ! God i love living here, some days we play golf in the morning go home for lunch and a nap, hook the boat up with the engel loaded with beer and head out chasing Murray Cod till about dinner, motor over to the ski club after ringing the chinese order through and have it on the foreshore and then head out into the dark surface fishing Cod..........heaven :-) Bring on Summer Deano ps. the Mrs does not drink.......win,win she drives the boat home and even loads it on the trailer !!!!

#30 JimmyMac2014

JimmyMac2014

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 12:49 AM

Try Cobram-Barooga, the courses have improved a lot since the Sporties took over a couple of years back. The old course is still my favourite Murray River Golf Course. There's a nice motel next to the sporties Bullanginya Lodge Mention my name and Bill and Libby will look after you on price.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users