• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#1 ROYISHUNGRY

ROYISHUNGRY

Suspect

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 03:26 AM

WA people report in!....What is the best public golf course in WA?.....on what merits do you judge a good public golf course to be??......I'm going to go with the safe choice of 'Royal' Wembley.....Some argue this to be the best public golf course in the Southern Hemisphere which is a big call...Discuss PLease.

#2 golfer69

golfer69

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5258 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 03:45 AM

Wembley is a great public track with schmick playing surfaces. Definitely the best practice facility in the Southern Hemi,

#3 macc

macc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 11:36 PM

Kennedy Bay is the best public course in WA. Barnbougle Dunes is the best public course in the Southern Hemisphere.

#4 Shanks4ever

Shanks4ever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3168 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 06:15 AM

What about Lost Farm in comparison to BD? Some might argue Kauri Cliffs or Cape Kidnappers for southern hemisphere.

#5 Faldos_Lovechild

Faldos_Lovechild

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1563 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 07:30 PM

Are we talking about a pure public course run by local councils or a semi private club that allows public access....big difference between the two

#6 DjD

DjD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • Locationperth

Posted 12 July 2011 - 07:30 AM

wembley is my local track practice there twice a week and play most weekends there and agree practice facilities are best in state .. just wish they had some more flood lights on practice chipping greens ... other than that big fan of dunsbrough and binningup for a 9 holer. . also enjoy playing the vines ellenbrook course

#7 golfer69

golfer69

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5258 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 06:24 AM

How is the turf holding up around the practice chipping greens ?

#8 golfer69

golfer69

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5258 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 06:25 AM

double post gardammit.

#9 DjD

DjD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • Locationperth

Posted 13 July 2011 - 09:53 AM

yeh the chipping greens not to bad find the greens are rock hard tho . . tap the putter on the ground and sounds like your hitting wooden floor boards. play nothing like the course but still gives me somewhere to practice after work so im not complaining. have no idea what they have under the grass thats just off the edge off putting green to the right might be something for drainage... its like plastic ring matting .. no idea

#10 ROYISHUNGRY

ROYISHUNGRY

Suspect

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 11:20 AM

Ehh....the chipping greens at Wembley are pretty **** (I reckon Maylands is the best for Practice areas on a public course in WA) .......I am talking about true public courses not semi-private courses.

#11 golfer69

golfer69

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5258 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 07:32 PM

Geez Roy your a hard man to please. When were you at Wembley last ?

#12 Faldos_Lovechild

Faldos_Lovechild

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1563 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 07:36 PM

yeh the chipping greens not to bad find the greens are rock hard tho . . tap the putter on the ground and sounds like your hitting wooden floor boards. play nothing like the course but still gives me somewhere to practice after work so im not complaining. have no idea what they have under the grass thats just off the edge off putting green to the right might be something for drainage… its like plastic ring matting .. no idea

the greens are hard because they are only a year old and were seeded.

#13 DjD

DjD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • Locationperth

Posted 13 July 2011 - 09:33 PM

yeh thats what i thought about the greens. being open till nine at night and the automated range makes me a fan just need one more light tower around the practice chipping greens

#14 Faldos_Lovechild

Faldos_Lovechild

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1563 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 09:36 PM

yeh thats what i thought about the greens.
being open till nine at night and the automated range makes me a fan just need one more light tower around the practice chipping greens

the additional lighting is being looked at

#15 DjD

DjD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • Locationperth

Posted 13 July 2011 - 09:54 PM

best news ive heard all week you work there?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users