325 replies to this topic

#46 waffle_iron

waffle_iron

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12714 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 06:46 AM

I dream of ripping the whole place up and planting potatoes.

#47 McCoy

McCoy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 07:05 AM

The Springs is an awesome course. I love playing there. Dont know what the knockers are on about. Maybe they should try staying on the fairway

#48 PMG001

PMG001

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 07:10 AM

the greatest game ever played
First Life Member of the Secret Squirrel Society.

HTF looks like you have let a golf course do you in, take it on the chin and stop whinging or is that how you got to 10500 posts!!!

#49 waffle_iron

waffle_iron

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12714 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 07:47 AM

HTF looks like you have let a golf course do you in, take it on the chin and stop whinging or is that how you got to 10500 posts!!!

Thank you for those kind words, it's just a bit of an in joke. But I shall monitor your posts closely through 15 and beyond in the hope of learning how to HTF.

#50 PMG001

PMG001

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 12:10 AM

Thank you for those kind words, it’s just a bit of an in joke. But I shall monitor your posts closely through 15 and beyond in the hope of learning how to HTF.

Wow To have my posts monitored by the legend that is Waffle Iron What an honor. Reckon that you would have better things to do with your time, like dreaming up some other riveting one line posts!!

#51 McCoy

McCoy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 06:24 AM

I wouldn't want the Springs to go broke because some geezers are having a private joke.

#52 Schmuck

Schmuck

B grade Chopper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11122 posts
  • LocationThat's me behind the GOAT

Posted 01 November 2011 - 06:39 AM

I wouldn’t want the Springs to go broke because some geezers are having a private joke.

Same 20+ geezers who play 1-2 times a year up there and invite many others, whilst promoting the event on isg??

#53 BarnEsy05

BarnEsy05

Holing It Out

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32820 posts
  • LocationKAW KAW

Posted 01 November 2011 - 07:28 AM

I wouldn’t want the Springs to go broke because some geezers are having a private joke.

if the $5mill + the owner is going to spend on the place falls flat it won't be because of us.

#54 waffle_iron

waffle_iron

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12714 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 07:28 AM

Re the private joke. The Springs is a great test of golf, with some great holes, 11, 15, 16, 17 and 18 in particular. The clubhouse is small but friendly and have hosted the "Sydney" boys social golf days on many occasions. Some of us have a love/hate relationship with the course due to the difficulty of the track and the fact that there are a gazillion dams there, many that can't be seen from the tee. Does that make it a bad course ? No. Does it lend itself to light hearted comments about turnip farms ? Possibly.

#55 HitNhope

HitNhope

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14865 posts
  • LocationHere but not There

Posted 01 November 2011 - 09:11 AM

Well said Waffs, and yes we all know you hate the place with a passion, but a light hearted passion at that. Well maybe. Poor old whatshisname needs to attend one of the ISG days held there to understand where you/I/we/olthers are coming from. It is by no means a bad course, anything but. However, if you are even slightly off your game, and we all can put our hands up for that one, The Springs will certainly make you feel the recoil.

#56 BarnEsy05

BarnEsy05

Holing It Out

• Members
  • 32820 posts
  • LocationKAW KAW

Posted 21 November 2011 - 07:27 AM

The Springs is back. Great nick and the greens are almost back to normal. A little slow but once they are cut a few more times they will be back to their brilliant best.

#57 2Putts

2Putts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9877 posts
  • LocationAs Above

Posted 21 November 2011 - 07:35 AM

Second that. Amazing what a difference a few months makes and no excuses for bad putting now : )

#58 ClarkEE

ClarkEE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:02 PM

Hi all, I'm thinking about trying this course out in the next few weeks. Have always wanted to test it out, but always gone to Kooindah, Belmont, and Magenta. How is the condition at the moment?

#59 ClarkEE

ClarkEE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 08:17 PM

Anyone played recently with comment on the condition?

#60 BarnEsy05

BarnEsy05

Holing It Out

• Members
  • 32820 posts
  • LocationKAW KAW

Posted 28 August 2012 - 08:17 AM

Haven't been there for a while. I do know that there is some money being spent, new clubhouse is being built and at some stage the layout (order of holes) will be altered. Give it a try ClarkEE, it's a testing track. Maybe join us later in the year for our NCCSSC Grand Final, probably late November, early December.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users