33 replies to this topic

#1 MRTEE

MRTEE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 12:53 AM

Hi all, yes this some of this opic has been done to death but i would only like to know about a couple of courses. I am thinking abour joining ranfurlie or Settlers Run, i like the tracks equally but i am more trying to get a feel for the clubs and the conditioning of the course alll year round. Currently i am a member of Cranbourne but have decided to leave, i have previously been a member of Devil bend, sandhurst and Peninsula so i am not interested in joining there, PatoRiver and Rossdale- Not interested, Dont want to travel down the peninsula so Rosebud and Moonah are out, I dont like Mornington so that wont happen either. Am i picky yeah i guess so but i am really just after some opions on the above two please.

#2 Russssssssssssssssssssssss

Russssssssssssssssssssssss

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2952 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 16 June 2011 - 01:03 AM

Hi Mr Tee I am a member at Settlers. Have been for maybe 9 months or so. I find it a great track never the same, always seems to play different from day to day. The wind is the big killer and really effects the difficulty of the course. Last winter it was pretty boggy in places, but over summer they have undertaken big drainage work to fix these problem areas. The have done a great job with a lot of the wettness now not to much of a problem. Last year during winter it was closed a couple of times, but as yet this time around has not been a problem. The club members all seem pretty nice, I have never had a problem. Seems to be a mix of people who live on the estate or otherwise people who like a challenge and drive a bit to get there. If you join it will make you a much better golfer. After playing there for a while other tracks just don't seem that difficult. Let me know if you want to hook up for a game. I play most weekends and once during the week when I can.

#3 walshy

walshy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 04:24 AM

Hi MrTee, Your in luck. Im actually trying to lease out my membership to settlers run. Due to building a house and work i'm doing interstate i wont be able to play often enough this year. I have posted it on ebay but if you are interested in leasing it without the layout of a joining fee contact me through ebay. my phone number is there. Andrew. null

#4 walshy

walshy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 04:25 AM

ebay/settlers run golf membership

#5 Peter_Pan

Peter_Pan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 05:19 AM

Why did you leave Peninsula?

#6 Francie

Francie

Inaugural Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37976 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 16 June 2011 - 05:38 AM

Mt Tee, didn't you post on here, looking for a course, in the last 12 months before joining Cranbourne? Any reason why you are leaving so quickly??

#7 Peter_Pan

Peter_Pan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 05:44 AM

keysborough?

#8 MRTEE

MRTEE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 06:04 AM

Rus, thanks for the offer, i have played there many times previously though so i am quite familar with the layout. It was just after it opened though. Walshy- Ill keep it in mind when i make a decision. Peter Pan - I was a member there for 4 years, i guess i just got over it, being a younger alot of the guys i played golf with drifted away and i guess that is what ultimately happened to me. I only played twice in the last eight months of my membership. Francie-I did join Cranbourne and although i am paid up until next year it just doesn't suit me, No one hangs around for a beer, the kitchen isn't open on mondays (when i play alot) It is very clicky, the course is great, the people are not my cup of tea, yes i am there for the golf but i wouldnt mind hanging around and having a beer or two. I feel the service is really ordinary. Thought about Keysy but just unsure about there structure - shares etc, and just cost i think, dont really want to spend over 3k.

#9 Peter_Pan

Peter_Pan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 06:51 AM

Southern it is then. Spring Valley? Kingswood....nah? Waterford Valley?

#10 _anon_

_anon_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3251 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 07:17 AM

Hi all, yes this some of this opic has been done to death but i would only like to know about a couple of courses.
I am thinking abour joining ranfurlie or Settlers Run, i like the tracks equally but i am more trying to get a feel for the clubs and the conditioning of the course alll year round.

In a previous thread you said you were a member at Settlers Run in the past? It's probably similar now to how it was then?

#11 Hawkers2015

Hawkers2015

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3358 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 07:46 AM

He said he is a former Peninsula, Sandhurst & Devil Bend member I think he was talking about Peninsula not Settlers Run

#12 _anon_

_anon_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3251 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 05:50 PM

He said he is a former Peninsula, Sandhurst & Devil Bend member

I think he was talking about Peninsula not Settlers Run

In this thread, you are correct. I'm referring to a previous thread where MrTee says he's been everywhere including Settlers Run.

#13 MRTEE

MRTEE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 08:18 AM

Mr Tee is my brother, he is a bit of a golf ****, he has also worked at Eagle Ridge the NAtional and Settlers run, that might be what he means by he's been there.

#14 MRTEE

MRTEE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 08:21 AM

I guess i have been Iseek Hacked, yes i have worked there thanks u turkey

#15 MRTEE

MRTEE

Advanced Member

• Members