1483 replies to this topic

#1471 GSP

GSP

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1743 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 06:38 PM

Hey mate, might seem like a stupid question and if you have answered it before i don’t know, i couldn’t be arsed looking through 50 odd pages, but now that your at 125 on the money list, is that where you finish for the year or is there more events to play after the fed ex?

again, sorry if it is a dill of a question, and if it is the end of the year, well done on keeping your card for next year.

Its on this page champ

#1472 Talart

Talart

Hit the ball, Find the ball, Hit the ball...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3991 posts
  • LocationThe Nail shop next to Golgotha

Posted 07 April 2012 - 09:02 PM

Rtl do you carry a #2 iron in your bag in tournaments? You are one of the noted distance hitters which obviously has never been a part of my game hence irons I carry #2-PW then a 56 degree Wedge. Then Driver #3 Metal and #2 Hybrid (putter completes the bag) If possible could u describe your bag set up please, I assume it is the same each round. Sorry if it is a question u have answered before I do recall you saying that your have had the same setup for some time now.

#1473 Rtl

Rtl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1817 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 09:39 PM

Did some digging to find this thread talart! Be happy to tell you a little bit of bag set up mate... I carry all Cleveland gear.. Driver and 3 wood 2iron, no 3 iron, 4-pw 52' 56' 60' in my wedges I'm not one to change my set up mate.. It's been that way most of my career.. I carry 4 wedges because I worked out along time ago that I'm around the 100m mark alot more then the 220 mark and that I would be more affective if a carried more wedges to give myself more options with the scoring clubs rather then the 3 iron... It pretty easy to fill in the gap with a sliding 2iron or a turning 4.. Another reason is a use s3 shafts in my 52 56 60 which are alot softer then the rest of my set which has project x 7.0 in them, the reason being is I can create alot more spin with softer tipped shaft but I also give up distance so I need to fill the big gap between 56 and pw ... Hope that's what you were after mate

#1474 Talart

Talart

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3991 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 09:57 PM

Thanks Rtl , I think way too much but had been musing on your set up with only 14 clubs available. Gary Simpson who was working at my club over summer confirmed that you were noted for your distance from the beginning of your career. The "Sliding" 2 iron and "Turning" 4 iron i assume you are talking a subtle use of fade and draw? The wedge selection you use like many who carry 2-3 bemuses me totally. Mainly as I am just beginning to get close to less that 140m from the green off the tee, Par 4's (6-7 iron for me) The coaching sessions in January with the improved stance and a swing which has got rid of all the wasted energy from a poor posture etc. and is still adding more distance to the irons and tee shots. Now it is that search for information of using Wedges. When I need to add them to the bag I understand now that it is likely I will have dropped ie Hybrid and a #3 iron That said the little I experiment with Wedges, have a 60 degree my distance is 75m max with Regular flex not trying to make a comparison lmao mate Thanks helped a lot.

#1475 Rtl

Rtl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1817 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 10:03 PM

Anytime mate...

#1476 jetset

jetset

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1105 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 06:38 AM

What you up to this year or playing schedule RTL as i have found it difficult to follow where you are playing? cheers

#1477 Greywolfe

Greywolfe

Captain Hook

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1522 posts
  • LocationCronulla, NSW

Posted 08 April 2012 - 06:44 AM

Hey RTL, why aren't you at the masters? Surely you can kick a 9iron as well as Tiger! XD

#1478 Kiwi

Kiwi

Wholly Awesomeness

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24065 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:04 AM

bowdo have you ever played a game with Tom Watson? whats he like? he comes across as a bit of "what ever", what i mean is if he misses a putt, "what ever", if he drains a long putt "whatever". Is it a state of mind he plays in? I like the way he goes about his work. Thoughts.... kiwi

#1479 Rtl

Rtl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1817 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 04:37 PM

Jet set.. I will having a crack next week in a nationwide event then I will start to play a few on the main tour in the coming months.. Gw.. I never really had much with the boot to compete at that level :) Kiwi.. I have never had the pleasure to play with him, would love too. I sat at his table at a function a few years back and he is a very soft spoken 'gentlement' with everyone that he is around.. The game has been kind to him and he loves giving back as much as he can.. I still love to watch him play I do think his state of mind is that way because there is nothing that surprisers him anymore...he has been around to long not to have.. You would need that attitude to compete at the level he did when you struggle with short ones your whole career..

#1480 Timinsa

Timinsa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3293 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 04:50 PM

Morning mate. Im still waiting for you tube to clear Hacks karaoke vid.

#1481 Rtl

Rtl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1817 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:52 PM

Timinsa.. I'm saving that for a special occasion... Might even start to collect a 'best of' album

#1482 Talart

Talart

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3991 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:45 PM

Jet set.. I will having a crack next week in a nationwide event then I will start to play a few on the main tour in the coming months.. Dont forget to drop in and deliver your game updates here at Channel Rtl. Fox Sports do show Nationwide events at times just depends what other golf tournaments are being played Bowdo, so dont know at the minute if we will get to see u live. I am sure that the comments here will be as respectful and supportive as always. With free coaching thrown in by us of course on your golfing, fashion and mental set up. Rip up the course gun.

#1483 jetset

jetset

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1105 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:43 AM

Thanks RTL and play well and look forward to catching up on your progress.

#1484 Kiwi

Kiwi

Wholly Awesomeness

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24065 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:58 AM

Kiwi.. I have never had the pleasure to play with him, would love too. I sat at his table at a function a few years back and he is a very soft spoken ‘gentlement’ with everyone that he is around.. The game has been kind to him and he loves giving back as much as he can.. I still love to watch him play
I do think his state of mind is that way because there is nothing that surprisers him anymore…he has been around to long not to have.. You would need that attitude to compete at the level he did when you struggle with short ones your whole career..

bowdo thanks mate. the reason i ask is i watched a lot of the masters. On the 18th on fri when he missed the cut he was playing with the leading am who was square. (i think Japanese). any way After his 5 (i think) i watched him shake hands with the am and spent more than a few minutes shaking hands, speaking quietly with him and patting him on the shoulder obviously wishing him well. It came across to me as a teacher student thing and would have thought it would have been a profound moment for the am dude. Tom ( i imagine) would be the sort of man that when he speaks, everyone listens. Thanks for your reply mate and good luck with the rest of the year. kiwi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users