1483 replies to this topic

#46 Rtl

Rtl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1817 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 08:50 PM

Bowdo, would be interested in how you go about getting those extra metres out of a drive when you have the opportunity to smash it.

the greatest game ever played

Don't really know waffle I just hit it harder... I play golf around 80- 90% therefor there is always some left in the tank

#47 Rtl

Rtl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1817 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 08:56 PM

Hi Bowdo,

couple of questions from my wife actually. To your knowledge: any pros play the TW video game? Id’ guess you’d all have non-work hobbies.

Also has TW’s aura faded on tour, especially for the younger guard out there who are making their own waves?

Thanks again for taking the time to post on these forums mate.

Max im sure there are some guys do play TW but I wouldn't really know.. As for the other question I think that the way he has been playing the other guys just have more confidence to win but I can guarantee that the moment he gets his putting back, that fear will be back bigger then ever!!

#48 Rtl

Rtl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1817 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 08:58 PM

On the “rare” occasion when you smash a few beers in, what’s the choice? Drove from Miami to Philly before we found Yuengling.

Favourite tour stop

Have you embraced all the US sports, looks like all the English guys are well into it.

Why do so many pros live in Orlando, presume its airport access however its a toilet, IMO

Given you are a Newcastle boy presume you will be supporting the Blues against the filth in SOO.

That’ll do

“The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven’t got it.” George Bernard Shaw

I enjoy a miller every now and then or a corona is hard to beat I think... I see my mighty knights have some young talent and are playing ok.. As for blues I think it's time!!

#49 Rtl

Rtl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1817 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 09:01 PM

RTL,

Just a question on driver shafts, I have recently upgraded to a Project X 6.5 shaft in my R9. This is on the x flex scale. I was playing a stiff flex shaft that is a fair bit more softer in flex. I have a driver swing speed of 110mph. I have noticed that I have now lost about 15m differance in carry from around 260m to about 245m and my misses can now be a voilent hook, instead of a block with the old shaft. I guess my question is, should my dispersion be much better with the stiffer shaft? and can you have a shaft that is to stiff? and what are the effects of this?

Sauce,,
I don’t know to much about the profile of the project x shaft for drivers. But I do know that sounds like you need a TIP stiff shaft.
The shaft you are using probably has a different kick point then you previous one…
For me I previously had the stiffest shaft they anyone made and then try to make it stiffer… But now in my new stuff I try to go with much stiffer tip and doesn’t have to be a board therefor now I get the best of both worlds

Thank’s for that mate, the tip in the Project X shaft is a stiff tip, the shaft has much lower torque compared to the last one. I was thinking that due shaft being stiffer and as you said the bend point different, that the shaft is making the face snap shut quicker?? What is the advantage of using a stiff/boardy shaft anyway as in your previous shafts?

With your speed I would still say it's not stiff enough.. Don't take any notice of the letters on the shaft. Try the voodo it's got a strong tip

#50 Rtl

Rtl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1817 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 09:04 PM

RTL – a few quickies for you -

Best player you have played with (or seen live)?

Best round you have seen played?

Best shot you have seen played?

Ta

Hmm A. Tiger B. Camron Percy at the vic PGA in a hurricane and rain.. Shot 67 I think. I shot 69 the next best was 76

#51 Trickshot239

Trickshot239

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3560 posts
  • LocationA bit South of North of here

Posted 27 April 2011 - 09:08 PM

Bowdo, I see you're a man of great taste, X2 for Coronas.

#52 McDakk

McDakk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 09:38 PM

Bowdo. What a great thread - thanks for taking the time to help us hackers! Firstly - can I ask which Cleveland irons you use now? I recently bought the CG16 Tour irons & after 6 weeks or so am now hitting the ball better than ever. Loving them! In the past few rounds though, my drives have gone to sh*t. I have a Titleist 909D2 with a Fujikura Z-Com stiff shaft & for reasons I can't work out, ALL my drives are now slicing real bad. My usual shot was dead straight or perhaps a push right (I'm right handed) from what I think is just bad alignment.. but this slice is killing me! So bad that I put it away yesterday & relied on the 3-wood. (Also a Titleist 909 with the Aldila NV stiff [green] shaft)

#53 Rtl

Rtl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1817 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 09:59 PM

Bowdo. What a great thread – thanks for taking the time to help us hackers!

Firstly – can I ask which Cleveland irons you use now? I recently bought the CG16 Tour irons & after 6 weeks or so am now hitting the ball better than ever. Loving them!

In the past few rounds though, my drives have gone to sh*t. I have a Titleist 909D2 with a Fujikura Z-Com stiff shaft & for reasons I can’t work out, ALL my drives are now slicing real bad. My usual shot was dead straight or perhaps a push right (I’m right handed) from what I think is just bad alignment.. but this slice is killing me! So bad that I put it away yesterday & relied on the 3-wood. (Also a Titleist 909 with the Aldila NV stiff [green] shaft)

Where’d it go?

No problem mate.. I use the cg6 tours and I love them ad for the driver I think your problem is just the company you choose to use :) it's hard to say what your issue is haven't not seen your swing. But just by the sounds if you use to hit straight blocks and now your hitting cuts my quick guess is you are over the downswing plane line with an open face (obviously) I would pick a dimple on the inside of the golf ball and try and hit that or stay behind the ball and hit it high from the inside (high hook) but it's all guess work from behind the keyboard... just think of what has to happen to make a ball start right and turn left..

#54 Malvern

Malvern

Not a Queenslander

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3733 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 10:26 PM

Just a thought and feel free to ignore, it may be difficult for RTL to give a swing diagnostic on the basis of a couple of lines and no video. Clearly got no idea on beers :)

#55 McDakk

McDakk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 10:38 PM

Fair call Malvern... I'm too ashamed to post any video of my swing yet, but that could happen some time soon I guess. Coopers may not be available in the US, so he can be forgiven for drinking Millers or beers which need lemon or lime in 'em to taste any good. ;-)

#56 Malvern

Malvern

Not a Queenslander

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3733 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 10:41 PM

Another 726 posts to your 1000 and Waffle will make you put it up anyway

#57 McDakk

McDakk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 11:01 PM

Hopefully by then it will be worth watching! HAHA

#58 NeverEagle

NeverEagle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1570 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 12:05 AM

RTL. What is your range routine before a round? Putting chipping then through the bag finishing with the big dog? Or vice versa? Or something totally different from the above?

#59 iRON MiCK

iRON MiCK

Swing like......

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16309 posts
  • Locationwww.iseekgolf.com

Posted 28 April 2011 - 03:04 AM

Hey RTL How do you go about Goal Setting for the year? Long Term? Do you base it on $$ won to keep Card? Top 25's, Cuts made? Is there a Tournament or 2 where you know you can play well and bag a win? Short Term? Play each Tournament the same way? Or do you attack on some courses hoping to get a good start and be in contention, or defend and hope to get above the cut? Or do you focus on one stroke at a time when playing? (Like I do?)

#60 GSP

GSP

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1743 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 03:30 AM

RTL. What is your range routine before a round? Putting chipping then through the bag finishing with the big dog? Or vice versa? Or something totally different from the above?

The journey is the reward, not the destination

and how long does your range process last for? I read once before on here that you dont do the stretching like some others pros?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users