#31 spooky

spooky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 06 December 2003 - 08:47 AM

Spooky
Have you replaced Henry as Clayts and Dooky's Australian internet PR rep? laugh.gif  

How did Henry take his replacement?  :cry:

I am Henry.. :wink:

#32 Player

Player

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 30 December 2003 - 03:14 AM

Construction commenced start Dec. Mr Doak was on site for the 1st two weeks to oversee bunkers greens etc. He returns with family post Xmas day. His shapers will stay on. Apparently in those two weeks, 11 green sites, including initial bunker digs had commmenced. Scheduled to be ready April. From what I have eyeballed, this looks very much like a great course with lots of variation in green size and bunker locations

#33 MatthewM

MatthewM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1857 posts

Posted 07 January 2004 - 08:15 AM

Player or others,

can you tell me where the boys at St.A Beach are with the course?
Is the expected opening date still April?

Where are they in terms of the prospectus?

MM

#34 mac

mac

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 07 January 2004 - 06:05 PM

MattM

There are many holes either finished or close to.About 12 at my count. It is going to be the best course down there and a wonderful contrast to the others.
So much has been done in such a short time simply because gthe routing found all the holes just lying on the ground. There has been almost no earthmoving although two of the holes not done will require a bit.
I would think it will be open much later in the year as no grass has been seeded yet and it will miss the summer growing.

#35 Player

Player

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 07 January 2004 - 07:07 PM

Mac and MathewM, mac is spot on although they have probably done more than twelve by now. I was on site about three weeks ago. The Gunnamatte course is scheduled for completion in April and expecting a Summer '04 opening. Doak is on-site during Jan/Feb to oversee the shaping of the bunkers and greens. Irrigation almost done in readiness for seeding of couch. oversown with fescue for winter green. Got some great pics. Let me know if you'd like to see...

#36 taylor360

taylor360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 07 January 2004 - 07:47 PM

Yeah post the pics up, it would be great

#37 Player

Player

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 07 January 2004 - 07:59 PM

taylor360, apparently cannot post as they are on my PC. Do u want sent to your email address? :?:

#38 drunken

drunken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 07 January 2004 - 08:16 PM

send them to me if you like. I'll host them so everyone can have a geezer biggrin.gif

#39 _Andrew_

_Andrew_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2337 posts

Posted 07 January 2004 - 10:33 PM

Tom emailed me on Dec. 16.

"Andrew,

Both St. Andrews Beach and Barnbougle should be open for play in September 2004, and should be in fine form by the end of the year."

I would assume that date will remain the same.

#40 drunken

drunken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 08 January 2004 - 03:01 AM

hey guys players pics can be viewed here biggrin.gif

http://www.users.on.net/ruthnmalcolm/

#41 spooky

spooky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 08 January 2004 - 05:21 PM

Looks like Sorrento Downs.. sad.gif

#42 mac

mac

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 08 January 2004 - 07:50 PM

spooky

Pretty good course,Sorrento Downs.There were not too many 12 hole courses around anywhere which made it pretty neat.
I'm sure from my vague memory of it someone could have made it fantastic - perhaps even the quality of Portsea.
It's a pity they built all those houses on it although I suppose that was inevitable considering how much it must have been worth.

They tell me you were impressed with Barnbougle.

#43 Player

Player

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 09 January 2004 - 02:16 AM

For those interested, particularly Melbournians, you can get a guided tour of the course and its progress. Just venture down Sandy Road, St Andrews Beach to the sales office and they will take you out in a cart.

Believe me...It is well worth a look!! laugh.gif laugh.gif

#44 spooky

spooky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 09 January 2004 - 06:18 AM

spooky

Pretty good course,Sorrento Downs.There were not too many 12 hole courses around anywhere which made it pretty neat.
I'm sure from my vague memory of it someone could have made it fantastic - perhaps even the quality of Portsea.
It's a pity they built all those houses on it although I suppose that was inevitable considering how much it must have been worth.

They tell me you were impressed with Barnbougle.

Yeah I used to play Sorrento Downs a lot, kinda miss it actually. And I thought a few of the St Andrews Beach pics looked a lot like it. I'm not sure that's such a good thing though..

As far as Barnbougle goes impressed is an understatement. I walked the course in December, and I my reaction was probably the same as anyone who has seen the place, or anyone who will one day play the place. I had an overwhelming feeling that something very very special was being built. words cant convey just how spectacular some (most) of the holes are, it seemed to be one great hole after another.

As Darius Oliver quoted in an interview (golfclubatlas) "Barnbougle will stun the golf world" smile.gif

#45 speckymagee

speckymagee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 09 January 2004 - 08:06 AM

so how are we going to get a game at St Andrews Beach? How do they propsoe setting up memberships etc. now that the first prospectus has fallen over?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users