#31 Roy McAvoy

Roy McAvoy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 08:16 PM

From October edition of Royal Auto...

RACV has acquired a new resort property. The RACV Goldfields Resort, previously known as the Novotel Forest Resort Creswick, will start operation as an RACV resort on 1 November 2015. The early months of operation will include some refurbishment to meet RACV standards and members’ expectations.

#32 *Mouldy

*Mouldy

I'm optimal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18403 posts
  • LocationHotel Shanker Lazimpat, Kathmandu 44600 Nepal

Posted 05 October 2015 - 08:24 PM

Mike Clayton getting his chainsaw sharpened.

Shanklink

OOM Tour
I am mid table mediocrity !

National Tour
2017 Day 1 winner at Monash CC

Baconwide Tour
Winner 2017 Keysborough Invitational

Choppers Tour
Winner 2014 Ghetto's Placegetter Challenge at Sunshine
Winner 2015 Airy's invitational at Melbourne Airport<p>

#33 honma boy

honma boy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 12:25 AM

i live 20 min away,i have heard some real horror stories,its not on my agenda to play....in a very few words...i have been told that they "ruined it thoroughly"

#34 Hawkers2015

Hawkers2015

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3358 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 06:06 PM

I expect that RACV will do a decent job of improving the course conditioning, I had 9 holes at a conference 18 months ago.  It was in terrible condition then and I sure its a lot worse now.  The playing surfaces, especially the greens were terrible.

I really question whether apart from some subdivision potential whether its even possible to make the course pay at all.  Its got a lot going against it, its

• got lots of close by competition
  • a decent hike from Melbourne
  • a hard walk for mountain goats
  • kinda hard for the less skilled or players having a bit of a spray day - lots of ball losing potential

#35 honma boy

honma boy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 09:44 PM

the old creswick course beautiful as it was.......had probs with water and mud in a few spots,heaps of low points etc.......i also played forest res.one day and had mud problems still..........well actually....my old mate had probs with the mud.....we got bogged....and he pushed the cart.....got a shatload of mud sprayed all over due to me hooving it   lol..............that same day........the water was coming down the fairway so heavy that it just washed a ball back down the fairway.......yep   the mates ball.....he had a bad day...............in short though...racv will have a massive job fixing up the mess.........design is all up the creek

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users