34 replies to this topic

#16 Kiwi

Kiwi

Wholly Awesomeness

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24048 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 08:50 AM

yeah I should have looked at the number of posts Simon had…

russ if it's to good to be true , it aint.

#17 ellimb

ellimb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1622 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 04:24 AM

Anyway 6 of us will be there next week. Am having a hoegaarden right now cheers

#18 golfmaidstone

golfmaidstone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 08:47 PM

I got the cudo voucher and play there two weeks ago with 3 of my mates. It was a great experience, the course was in a good condition, we really enjoyed it. I still got a few more vouchers to play there, will probably wait till september/october to play For $25 bucks inclu motorised cart and 2 beers and free balls, it's a great deals :D

#19 Russssssssssssssssssssssss

Russssssssssssssssssssssss

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2952 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 20 August 2011 - 04:08 AM

I also have a voucher, will be waiting till it dries out a bit. Maybe October, should be nice by then. Remember playing it last year in spring, lovely afternoon, lots of beer and a few kangaroos. Can't go wrong.

#20 ozdevil

ozdevil

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6934 posts
  • Locationbacchus marsh

Posted 21 August 2011 - 03:37 AM

played it last weekend greens was very slow but course was in good nick overall a bit mushy under feet and would be better in summer i would think.. 10 bucks for the black tee challenge is not a bad deal to play the course... i'll be back

#21 Smergen

Smergen

Green Egg Goat Smuggla

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12437 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 06:21 AM

What Oz said. Mind you... if you want your card processed make sure you get onto them straight away. Only took a week and 3 phone calls.

#22 Mangomags

Mangomags

Suspect

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:01 AM

First post for me. Promise I don't work there. Went up on Sunday with three mates on the Cudo deal. Great value at $25pp. Impressed by the state of the course, nice fairways and bunkers etc. Being a bit of a beginner though I found the course to be far too difficult and slow. Every errant tee shot you need to send out a search party to find the ball. This not only slowed our group up, but groups ahead were slow. There were far too many people out on course IMO which was a shame. Greens were fairly quick and undulating in strange ways at times meaning plenty of frustrating three putts and worse. I could see how it was a nice course, but not enjoyable for anyone off 25 or more. I would not come back until my game improves a fair bit.

#23 drgazgiz

drgazgiz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3296 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 09:14 AM

The Forest Resort (whole box and dice, including the Novotel) was advertised for sale in the papers on Saturday.

One of the target buyers was 'Chinese investors'.

#24 CaNadiAn MiCk

CaNadiAn MiCk

Head of the asylum

• Administrators
  • 16507 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:50 AM

The Forest Resort (whole box and dice, including the Novotel) was advertised for sale in the papers on Saturday.

Thanks Publish  which paper?

Join iseekgolf.com on Facebook

Follow iseekgolf.com on Twitter

For golf industry news.

Handicap

#25 Juggs Judy

Juggs Judy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:55 AM

Under receivership?

#26 drgazgiz

drgazgiz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3296 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 11:14 AM

Saturday's Age (Feb 1) business section.

Advert says "Under instructions from FTI Consulting as Controller Appointed".

Copy of advert:

forestresort.jpg

• CaNadiAn MiCk likes this

#27 Russssssssssssssssssssssss

Russssssssssssssssssssssss

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2952 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 03 February 2014 - 04:01 PM

First post for me. Promise I don't work there. Went up on Sunday with three mates on the Cudo deal. Great value at $25pp. Impressed by the state of the course, nice fairways and bunkers etc. Being a bit of a beginner though I found the course to be far too difficult and slow. Every errant tee shot you need to send out a search party to find the ball. This not only slowed our group up, but groups ahead were slow. There were far too many people out on course IMO which was a shame. Greens were fairly quick and undulating in strange ways at times meaning plenty of frustrating three putts and worse. I could see how it was a nice course, but not enjoyable for anyone off 25 or more. I would not come back until my game improves a fair bit.

greens are crap, they will take a good 6 months and a lot of money to fix them. 

#28 mrplou

mrplou

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 709 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 08:35 PM

greens are crap, they will take a good 6 months and a lot of money to fix them. 

In 6 months the greens might be ok, but it will be a winter bog hole again.

Place went belly up years ago.

Only thing it has going for it for members is its virtually free.

#29 Hawkers2015

Hawkers2015

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3358 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 07:07 PM

was here for a conference couple of weeks ago

paid $20 for nine holes in a cart, course was in shitfull condition - probably paid about $50 too much ...

#30 Turfwhisperer

Turfwhisperer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 08:59 PM

Played last week...course has potential but golf carts are killing off rough height and definition, greens have coverage but there is no emphasis on pace,trueness and firmness....classic case of getting bums on cart seats...in saying that the novotel was a delight to stay in, the facilities in General blew the course away and il be back....getting a massage and having a few in the bar
  • CaNadiAn MiCk likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users