2118 replies to this topic

#61 HackerWho

HackerWho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 05:50 PM

I was waiting for Scarlett to let me know where to send it, to date Scarlett hasn't replied. So the 1st person to send me their address will get the ball.

#62 Scarlett

Scarlett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 07:59 PM

Scarlett,

We the ball has started it’s journey.

12 March @ Wyong Golf Club. 13th Hole Par 3.

Post your address to me at p280@hotmail.com and I will send on the ball.

Address sent

#63 Scarlett

Scarlett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 08:11 PM

I wouldn’t mind taking it with me. I’d need to receive it by April 8th. Maybe if someone wants to have a hit between now and then, i can take it over, return on the 18th and sent it off to scarlett, who i think said was going to the UK for Anzac day.
Scarlett, what day do you leave??

Mate, I'm temporarily living in Pommyland so there's no leaving date! Unless of course it's the leaving date when I can come back to glorious warm Oz. I don't mind whether HackerWho or you send the ball over, but figured if dave_1_ wanted to get some serious miles onto the ball then sending it over here to the UK and then back certainly will achieve a long travelling ball. Hey Dave_1_ I'll see if I can get on North Berwick (West Links)when the ball is over here and play it on the 15th hole "Redan". It was the original Redan hole so that should be something interesting for your scorecard you're talking about making up.

#64 dave_1_

dave_1_

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 7733 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 10:28 PM

I wouldn’t mind taking it with me. I’d need to receive it by April 8th. Maybe if someone wants to have a hit between now and then, i can take it over, return on the 18th and sent it off to scarlett, who i think said was going to the UK for Anzac day.

Mate, I’m temporarily living in Pommyland so there’s no leaving date! Unless of course it’s the leaving date when I can come back to glorious warm Oz.

I don’t mind whether HackerWho or you send the ball over, but figured if dave_1_ wanted to get some serious miles onto the ball then sending it over here to the UK and then back certainly will achieve a long travelling ball.

Hey Dave_1_ I’ll see if I can get on North Berwick (West Links)when the ball is over here and play it on the 15th hole “Redan”. It was the original Redan hole so that should be something interesting for your scorecard you’re talking about making up.

hey maybe you can both use while in engalnd and one of you can bring it back I think that could work going by what you both said in terms of dates can you guys organise this through some emails....if anyone needs some coin to ship it just let me know and i can fwd a few bucks via Paypal......

#65 HackerWho

HackerWho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 12:47 AM

The ball has been posted to Scarlett and is on its way

#66 golfcore

golfcore

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 800 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 01:13 AM

Mate, I’m temporarily living in Pommyland so there’s no leaving date! Unless of course it’s the leaving date when I can come back to glorious warm Oz.

I don’t mind whether HackerWho or you send the ball over, but figured if dave_1_ wanted to get some serious miles onto the ball then sending it over here to the UK and then back certainly will achieve a long travelling ball.

Hey Dave_1_ I’ll see if I can get on North Berwick (West Links)when the ball is over here and play it on the 15th hole “Redan”. It was the original Redan hole so that should be something interesting for your scorecard you’re talking about making up.

hey maybe you can both use while in engalnd and one of you can bring it back

I think that could work going by what you both said in terms of dates

can you guys organise this through some emails….if anyone needs some coin to ship it just let me know and i can fwd a few bucks via Paypal…...

“Formal education will make you a living. Self education will make you a fortune.”

Nah mate, i'm headed to Nepal. Thought it would be good to have a hit on the Himalayan Golf Course. Scarlett, let me know when you've received it, and i'll email you my address.

#67 dave_1_

dave_1_

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 7733 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 03:43 AM

The ball has been posted to Scarlett and is on its way

good work lads where is he located?

#68 waffle_iron

waffle_iron

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12714 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 01:28 PM

This thread would be more interesting if someone could post a map of the world and the balls travels, and the way they hit it on the waterless Par 3.

#69 HackerWho

HackerWho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 06:48 PM

The "Ball" has been sent to Scarlett in the UK a place called Warkworth in Northumberland.

#70 burkey08

burkey08

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 06:50 PM

Can I put my little club on the list we have a waterless par 3, the only place the ball will get lost on this one would be in the bloody bunkers. Charters Towers Golf Course

#71 dave_1_

dave_1_

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 7733 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 12:15 AM

This thread would be more interesting if someone could post a map of the world and the balls travels, and the way they hit it on the waterless Par 3.

the greatest game ever played

good idea...I started ast night with google maps....hmm couldnt cut n paste the map...will try again

#72 dave_1_

dave_1_

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 7733 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 12:20 AM

Can I put my little club on the list we have a waterless par 3, the only place the ball will get lost on this one would be in the bloody bunkers.

Charters Towers Golf Course

The Rex Hunt golf shot………….You’ve hooked it now kiss it goodbye.

yes.....its on its way to the UK now then back again...keep checking back on the thread... Im thinking of a twitter or maybe facebook page for the ball......we could name it "D.T. Journey" maybe a facebook page isnt a bad idea? or do we want to keep it just here....? thoughts lease...?

#73 GPJ_Longdriver

GPJ_Longdriver

Long Iron Appreciation Society President.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20030 posts
  • LocationWithin reaching distance of a golf club.

Posted 19 March 2011 - 12:42 AM

You know Dave despite our best efforts I believe there may be two golf balls out there, that have gone further than this one (and will continue to do so). They are the two balls used by the most famous golfer in the universe ........ one Alan Shepard .......... during the Apollo 14 mission to the moon ............. on Feb 6th 1971. The balls which were struck (using the head off of a Wilson 6 iron, and some non golfing shaft) ........... are still up there.

#74 dave_1_

dave_1_

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 7733 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 01:00 AM

You know Dave despite our best efforts I believe there may be two golf balls out there, that have gone further than this one (and will continue to do so).

They are the two balls used by the most famous golfer in the universe …..... one Alan Shepard …....... during the Apollo 14 mission to the moon ….......... on Feb 6th 1971.

The balls which were struck (using the head off of a Wilson 6 iron, and some non golfing shaft) ........... are still up there.

http://www.golflink.com.au/...

The meek may inherit the earth ……..
but they’ll never reach the par 5 green in two.

Um .....the rules stipulate it must be played on a real golf course!! that makes his efforst null and void!!...too bad eh right next issue please!! LOL

#75 ingy

ingy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 01:03 AM

i'll keep an eye on this thread, after his trip to the cold and shitty U.K he may like a trip to the sunny gold coast to put his feet up for a round or two ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users