#16 pom

pom

Old Grouch.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11908 posts
  • Locationtownsville

Posted 26 February 2011 - 08:11 PM

I am in Townsville. There could be a Member Further North than I am But I don't know of one. Cannot get much farther from Perth than that.

#17 dave_1_

dave_1_

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 7733 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 08:29 PM

Ok its off to townsville first up adress quickly post it here I will write it down then delete the post ...lets get it rolling...um driving flying...LOL all of the above

#18 pom

pom

Old Grouch.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11908 posts
  • Locationtownsville

Posted 26 February 2011 - 08:37 PM

stuartandjanAThotmailDOTcom. Contact me at that address & we will go from there

#19 Alongdriver

Alongdriver

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 08:48 PM

I think a good idea could be to have people video record their T-shot as well with the name of the course, and the hole number, and upload it to Youtube. For example…

“Musashi Country Club, Toyoka Course, Home of the 2009 Japan open. Hole number 3, par 3.”

I’ll play it in Japan ;)

ok great

when are you going?

“Formal education will make you a living. Self education will make you a fortune.”

I won't be playing there for a couple of months so it would be best to wait a bit to send it to me in Japan. I am also a member of another golf forum here in Japan. A post on that forum could draw in a few more holes.

#20 smAsh

smAsh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1646 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 01:20 AM

and if a crow pinches it, to impress his girlfriend?

#21 wikoli

wikoli

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts
  • LocationNewcastle and not the UK one !!!

Posted 27 February 2011 - 01:50 AM

I use NXTs all the time and love them im in. Happy to play my local Shortland Waters (Newcastle) whenever.

Golf is my handicap, unless I’m fishing or playing cricket then I have a thousand other excuses

I bet you play on 13 and not 3 or 15.................LOL.

#22 lefty731pm

lefty731pm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1988 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 02:19 AM

Isn't there some way that this could be done in such a way that the disadvantaged youth of Australia will benefit? Maybe, it could be used in dave1's 24 hour golf marathon, the prospect of which is causing an incredible buzz in all the shelters and refuges in Australia. The media interest in this will be incredible. If 100 people sign up, it will only cost $500 for the ball to fly around Australia. Carbon taxes be damned! The fact that by the end the ball will have changed brands and possibly even numbers is beside the point, but I would rather have a virtual Nxt tour and donate $5 to the RSPCA

#23 mrplou

mrplou

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 709 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 02:21 AM

I think you could lose a ball on almost all our par 3s.

#24 azza82

azza82

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 02:49 AM

Going go Hamilton island next weekend. I could take it there, would hate it to end up in the Pacific Ocean. Easily done on a few of there par 3's though.

#25 NWABP

NWABP

Number 9

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8124 posts
  • LocationCant-bra

Posted 27 February 2011 - 05:11 AM

I'll come in. Federal (ACT) has a 201m par3 - no water and I don't recall losing a ball there before...oh, oh...the commentators curse... let me know when i can have a go.

#26 Puji

Puji

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 07:16 AM

I'm in Melbourne and will be more than happy to take it on a par 3 in our sandbelt.

#27 MadMike

MadMike

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 10:26 AM

I'm in Bunbury and our course has no water at all so it should be safe. This sounds like a top idea.

#28 dave_1_

dave_1_

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 7733 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 11:11 AM

ok great I will pick a person after tomorrow

#29 welly01

welly01

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1863 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 08:37 PM

along with the ball .. how bout one of those little note pads so you can add your name ..the course .. which hole ..and how many shots !!

#30 GPJ_Longdriver

GPJ_Longdriver

Long Iron Appreciation Society President.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20104 posts
  • LocationWithin reaching distance of a golf club.

Posted 28 February 2011 - 08:47 PM

How about adding a photo of the ball also sitting in front of a local icon before it gets passed on. When it goes overseas ........ we could have one of say, the ball up the Eiffel Tower, or riding in the London Eye, or sitting on the bar in the Guiness Factory in Ireland for example.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users