#61 Goldy

Goldy

Ed Rayner's love child

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39729 posts
  • Location20m closer than you expected

Posted 04 January 2012 - 01:36 AM

I suppose my comment on course condition was in comparison to some others TDM - I reckon the fairways at places like Yarrambat and Freeway are in better nick than YB - but maybe it's the type of grass? I certainly don't claim to be an expert on these things. Greens were fine, as you said.

#62 bongoey

bongoey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 03:05 AM

Played here on Saturday morning last week (7/1) for the first time in about a year before all the changes and thought it ran okay, took just over 4.5hrs. Was also a good day, no rain, not much wind and a bit of cloud. Was a bit humid at 25 degrees or so. Will definitely go back, hoping that the weather will be a bit better this summer, it's been pretty poor!

#63 Golfgeek3005

Golfgeek3005

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 07:03 AM

played a few weeks back, speed of play has definitely improved, only got 10 holes in on a saturday, but only took 2 hours 15 mins which is pretty good compared to the 3 hours + I got in spring last year The old clubhouse is heritage protected so applications are still underway. Apart from fixing the bar etc, they will be building a new golf osteo/health clinic under the guidance of Tina Maio (best in the business)... plenty of work to be done to the building though so suspect that it'll be some time before that all turns to fruition. range balls at 16 bucks is a bit steep though in my opinion...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users