#16 Stinkler

Stinkler

Wholly Awesomeness

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25183 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 21 February 2011 - 08:55 PM

Yep safety reasons, being next to the range.

#17 tryingtomakepar

tryingtomakepar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 04:38 AM

Love those par 3's but gee that temp is a shitter I quite like the front 9 (old back 9). Be good to get around again when it's all finished

#18 Stinkler

Stinkler

Wholly Awesomeness

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25183 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 24 February 2011 - 04:41 AM

Oh well I'm heading there in the morning, will report how it's looking and any goss I can find out.

#19 Russssssssssssssssssssssss

Russssssssssssssssssssssss

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2952 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 24 February 2011 - 07:13 AM

was at the range tonight and the new par three (old 1st) will be the new 10th. the crap temp par 3 goes and the old par 5 is back. should be good.

#20 ParkRoyal

ParkRoyal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 07:12 PM

Good to hear that the Par 5 will be back, its a really good hole. Would hope that they look at improving some of the other holes on that nine though and no. 5 (old 14th) really hate that hole.

#21 Stinkler

Stinkler

Wholly Awesomeness

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25183 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 24 February 2011 - 10:59 PM

The old 14th is a ripper! Bloody hard dogleg right, tee shot up over that FW bunker, hardest on the course right? It's a challenging hole to get but satisfying if you get a bogey. Had a hit there today, the only hole that I really dislike is the temp par 3, when it's back to the par 5 it'll be rocking. Still a public track, the greens all vary a bit in speed etc, but for inner city $27 it's good, when it doesn't take 5 hrs +. Today played 18 in 3hrs with a mate, fine indeed. Lots of really good holes actually, I like all the now front 9, just pick your time to play.

#22 ParkRoyal

ParkRoyal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 12:05 AM

The old 14th is a ripper! Bloody hard dogleg right, tee shot up over that FW bunker, hardest on the course right? It’s a challenging hole to get but satisfying if you get a bogey.

Had a hit there today, the only hole that I really dislike is the temp par 3, when it’s back to the par 5 it’ll be rocking.

Still a public track, the greens all vary a bit in speed etc, but for inner city $27 it’s good, when it doesn’t take 5 hrs +. Today played 18 in 3hrs with a mate, fine indeed.

Lots of really good holes actually, I like all the now front 9, just pick your time to play.

2011 will be the best golfing year of my life.

SOP ASC. Boring to the state of serenity

WINNER of ISG Invitational Golf Classic, Rosebud, July 18, 2010

http://www.golflink.com.au/...

The hate does come from my own stupid inability to keep the ball left. For me its certainly hardest hole. I know what you mean about the greens, i think a lot of that comes that some of them tend to be in the shade a lot more than others. For mine the 7th(old 16th) is the most fun hole on the course.

#23 Stinkler

Stinkler

Wholly Awesomeness

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25183 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 25 February 2011 - 12:42 AM

I love the 7th. Hit a great drive there today, was up to the right, 117 out. Had to fly that bunker so thought best take a 9i, hit the green and shot off into the long grass over the back, lost, such a tough hole. Hit a PW for practice and didn't make it, argh! Yes to the shade factor on the greens, they get mossy and weird down next to the water under those big trees, all adds to the fun (pain).

#24 jafflemaker

jafflemaker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3625 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 04:08 AM

How's the range prices. $16 for 100 balls I think seems a bit steep. My mate at work made a remark about the price and the girl behind the counter said that it was keeping in line with current prices. He rolled his eyes, so she thought that telling him that Geoff Ogilvy pops in sometimes. He asked if he had to pay $16 for 100 :)

#25 Stinkler

Stinkler

Wholly Awesomeness

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25183 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 25 February 2011 - 04:16 AM

Ha, excellent! Yeah $12 seems more reasonable, especially off peak. Not many heads there day time hours. I'll keep an eye out for Ogls, though doubt he's there sometimes, maybe he was there a time : )

#26 jafflemaker

jafflemaker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3625 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 05:26 AM

Yeah he was there to open it up and do a promotion I think for a sponsor. Couldn't give a f%ck if he was there every day. For $16 I would expect some tips off him. For $20 I would expect him to give me a swing analysis :) I mean the range doesn't even measure 250m.

#27 jafflemaker

jafflemaker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3625 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 06:39 AM

So went to the YB driving Range today, paid $16 and Geoff wasn't there, WTF. Anyway, why the fu#k do they not have distance markers? Am I missing one of the fundamental reasons for going to a range. Pisses me right off. I was going to walk out the distances whilst everyone else was practicing and waited to a staff member asked me what I thought I was doing. I could then say I am doing what they should have done before opening. Am I being pedantic?

#28 Kiwi

Kiwi

Wholly Awesomeness

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24064 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 06:49 AM

call Brendan operations manager, he will sort it

#29 jafflemaker

jafflemaker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3625 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 06:54 AM

Cheers Kiwi, Brendan obviously needs a little bit of help if he runs a driving range without distances marked. Not exactly rocket science or a great cost. It never ceases to surprise how business' can overlook the obvious. I wonder if anyone else has mentioned it yet. Can't wait for my local tennis club to remove the lines so we can guess line calls.

#30 jafflemaker

jafflemaker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3625 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 07:01 AM

email just been sent. I will await the reply and let you all know how it goes. Sunshine has to take the cake though. Distance are there but you have to be 'in the know' about where they are actually measured from. BTW- there are measured at Sunshine from the middle of the grassed area and NOT from the permanent mats.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users