Posted 02 March 2015 - 09:22 AM

Neither is Jack Nicklaus.

• iRON MiCK likes this

Winner Moonah Legends 2013 ISG Nationals

Winner The National 2013 ISG Nationals

Winner 4BBB 2013 ISG Nationals
Winner Stink's 3 Club Challenge 2015

Winner C grade OOM The Sands 2016

Hole-in-one Growling Frog 14/1/17 5th hole 137m TM RBZ 5 hybrid, Srixon AD333 ball

Growling Frog GC Matchplay Champion 2017

Winner B grade OOM Curlewis 2018

Other, less impressive stuff...(I know...it's marginal...)
R/Up ISG Nationals 2013

C Grade LD Growling Frog 8/2/14, 11th hole, TM R1, HOF Patriot shaft, testicles of steel

3 Birdies in one round The Glades 2015 ISG Nationals 

C Grade LD Growling Frog 26/12/17, 15th hole, Callaway BB Alpha, HOF Patriot shaft, same old testicles of steel
C Grade LD Growling Frog 11/8/18, blah blah blah,,,,this is getting to be almost monotonous..... 

C Grade LD Growling Frog 1/9/18,...maybe these are now so commonplace I should just stop listing them

Never contended for the trophy named for me

Low Handicap point 12.7 9/4/16

Finally...and most importantly...
Smoldy....when only the best will do.

#122 iRON MiCK

iRON MiCK

Swing like......

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16126 posts
  • Locationwww.iseekgolf.com

Posted 02 March 2015 - 01:00 PM

Neither is Jack Nicklaus.

Tnx OB2

18.0 by Dec  2019  - 1.6 to go

2017 VIC ISG OOM "The Goldy" Overall Tour Championship Winner*

2017 VIC OOM #5 Gardiners Run Overall Winner

http://www.golf.org....icap/3010407931

"Team Grank" founding member

* LoL

#123 Goldy

Goldy

Ed Rayner's love child

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39730 posts
  • Location20m closer than you expected

Posted 02 March 2015 - 01:50 PM

Obi Wan

Winner Moonah Legends 2013 ISG Nationals

Winner The National 2013 ISG Nationals

Winner 4BBB 2013 ISG Nationals
Winner Stink's 3 Club Challenge 2015

Winner C grade OOM The Sands 2016

Hole-in-one Growling Frog 14/1/17 5th hole 137m TM RBZ 5 hybrid, Srixon AD333 ball

Growling Frog GC Matchplay Champion 2017

Winner B grade OOM Curlewis 2018

Other, less impressive stuff...(I know...it's marginal...)
R/Up ISG Nationals 2013

C Grade LD Growling Frog 8/2/14, 11th hole, TM R1, HOF Patriot shaft, testicles of steel

3 Birdies in one round The Glades 2015 ISG Nationals 

C Grade LD Growling Frog 26/12/17, 15th hole, Callaway BB Alpha, HOF Patriot shaft, same old testicles of steel
C Grade LD Growling Frog 11/8/18, blah blah blah,,,,this is getting to be almost monotonous..... 

C Grade LD Growling Frog 1/9/18,...maybe these are now so commonplace I should just stop listing them

Never contended for the trophy named for me

Low Handicap point 12.7 9/4/16

Finally...and most importantly...
Smoldy....when only the best will do.

#124 iRON MiCK

iRON MiCK

Swing like......

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16126 posts
  • Locationwww.iseekgolf.com

Posted 02 March 2015 - 08:00 PM

Obi Wan ker?

18.0 by Dec  2019  - 1.6 to go

2017 VIC ISG OOM "The Goldy" Overall Tour Championship Winner*

2017 VIC OOM #5 Gardiners Run Overall Winner

http://www.golf.org....icap/3010407931

"Team Grank" founding member

* LoL

#125 Smiles

Smiles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 07:14 PM

I absolutely loved this track. For $40 notes, hardly anyone around on a nice Melbourne weekday, it was value plus.

Greens were great (except the aforementioned pitch marks - so average of golfers to leave them) and a lot of great character holes. Loved the longer par 3s, and 18 is a magic finishing hole.

Only gripe was the walk from the 9th to the 10th. My playing partner (texting while I drove him in) would have had zero idea where to go. Seems like an incredibly bad design flaw to walk that far, and not ideal for speed of play. We also played the 3rd then 7th, but that was my fault for strutting like a peacock after hitting it close on 3.

I don't know if Melbournians know how great they have it sometimes. I come from Auckland, where the only public track is an absolute shithole, and most of the private courses aren't as good as Waterford. Even the NZ PGA venue.

• CaNadiAn MiCk, FairwayBomber and Lukos87 like this

#126 Lukos87

Lukos87

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1627 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 05:14 PM

I absolutely loved this track. For $40 notes, hardly anyone around on a nice Melbourne weekday, it was value plus.

Greens were great (except the aforementioned pitch marks - so average of golfers to leave them) and a lot of great character holes. Loved the longer par 3s, and 18 is a magic finishing hole.

Only gripe was the walk from the 9th to the 10th. My playing partner (texting while I drove him in) would have had zero idea where to go. Seems like an incredibly bad design flaw to walk that far, and not ideal for speed of play. We also played the 3rd then 7th, but that was my fault for strutting like a peacock after hitting it close on 3.

I don't know if Melbournians know how great they have it sometimes. I come from Auckland, where the only public track is an absolute shithole, and most of the private courses aren't as good as Waterford. Even the NZ PGA venue.

You talking about old chamberlin ?

#127 Smiles

Smiles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 05:21 PM

Yes sir I am. Takapuna is also another crap public track, and that's about it. Chamberlain is just awful, and 5 hrs is a good result on a weekend

#128 Lukos87

Lukos87

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1627 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 06:02 PM

Yes sir I am. Takapuna is also another crap public track, and that's about it. Chamberlain is just awful, and 5 hrs is a good result on a weekend

Oh man these Aussies don't know how well they have it huh. I didn't start playing golf until I moved here and when I went back an played that I nearly lost it.. Played waitakere through and really like it there. I wish I could turn back time... I lived next to titarangi course for 21 years and was not interested in the game at that stage.

#129 75@Dorset

75@Dorset

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 08:08 PM

Played Waterford for the second time today. Have to agree that it is a great track, but I can also see that in winter, it would be a wet trek.

The unrepaired pitch marks on this course is unbelievable, they were friggin' everywhere. Either people who play there are extremely lazy, or they don't appreciate hitting a green and repairing their handywork. Fairways, bunkers, tee boxes all in great nick!!

Had an extra shot on the last over my playing partners...three points down. Stuck a PW to 1m and one putt  to birdie the hole and come from the clouds for the win with a 3 for 5!! Needless to say the beer after the round tasted very sweet indeed!!

Edited by Brett_Mc, 01 May 2015 - 08:10 PM.

• koiom K. Asterisk* and Rusty_Chopper_1984 like this

#130 Lukos87

Lukos87

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1627 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 05:00 PM

Played it on Sunday and was pretty suprised how well it's holing up. There are a few very wet patches but for the most part it's still in decent enough condition considering it's not a sand base.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users