42 replies to this topic

#31 midirons

midirons

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 07:22 AM

If Barnbougle and Lost Farm couldn’t top Bonville, there’s something wrong with your ratings.

Trentham Golf Club
http://www.trenthamgolf.com.au

ChipGMac is spot on Publish... If you have not played it, you can not rate it...

#32 drgazgiz

drgazgiz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3296 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 08:58 AM

I’m yet to play the Barnbougle courses, but from all accounts they will enter my top ten, however it will be hard for them to top Bonville.
That was the sentence I responded to. I'm saying it won't be hard at all.

#33 StAndrewsCam

StAndrewsCam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 06:43 AM

Nice to see an entry for St Andrews Beach in one of those lists! I've been working out there as an Apprentice Greenkeeper, and with a a new maintenance contract, and a lot of new machinery (as well as much needed Summer rains), the course is looking fantastic. Obviously I'm biased, but I'd hope that we are closing the gap on Moonah Links, who are also run by the same Company. Come down and have a game!

#34 Johncantplay

Johncantplay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 08:35 PM

Hi StAndrewscam, Would hope that having roughly 200k more spent on machinery, etc. things would be looking up, but the question is by renovating bunkers is that exactly what suits the design ? Not sure that the original intention was to have trimmed, flat bunkers but now that the course is public it may suit the situation. As you are obviously new to the golf industry don't think this will equate to a rise in rankings ( whatever that is worth ? ) as most judges will understand neat & tidy isn't always better, especially in this case. How long has Moonah been under Turnpoint control ?

#35 bindysue

bindysue

Suspect

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 05:23 AM

Hot deal on www.dealme.com.au Only $49 for 1 year membership to over 100 golf courses across Australia. Included in this price is a $100 stay and play voucher. IF you want your handicap, you just need to pay $90 and send 5 score cards to Tee Off Australia and you will get your handicap for 1 full year and have access to almost all the golf clubs across Australia for 1 year. Now that is the best deal you will see for a long time.

#36 Want2makePar

Want2makePar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 04:50 AM

Top 10 course I've Played 1.Creswick 2.Joondalup 3.Barwon Heads 4.Settlers Run 5.Tocumwal 6.Cobram Barooga 7.Cape Schank 8.Moonah 9.The Vines (W.A) 10.Hidden Valley Top 5 I want to Play 1.Coolum 2.Heritage - both courses 3.Hamilton Island 4.Barnbougle - both courses 5.Portsea

#37 vjay03

vjay03

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 09:36 PM

1. Barnbougle Dunes 2. Kingston Heath 3. National (Moonah) 4. National (Old) 5. Barwon Heads 6. Moonah (Legends) 7. Portsea 8. Joondalup (Quarry/Dunes) 9.13th Beach (Dunes) 10. Albany Havent played for 20 years but used to rate/enjoy the following. Tocumwal Yarrawonga (Murray)

#38 Bogey Golfer

Bogey Golfer

metronome

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9816 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 06:54 AM

Since when is Kingston heath a public access course. To me public access course is one you can play on any day of week with a booking at an affordable price. Realy dont think that is the case at Heath.

#39 vjay03

vjay03

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 10:18 PM

I would edit it and remove if I knew how.Heath out.

#40 Shaynos

Shaynos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 06:58 AM

I see Port Fairy on a few poeple's lists, played there awhile back but don't remember (possibly due to the amount of alcohol consumed the night before) it being anything special. I will have to give it another crack some time. I've played the Dunes and Moonah and both rate higher IMO. Going to have to get to more of these exclusive tracks.

#41 Goldy

Goldy

Ed Rayner's love child

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39920 posts
  • Location20m closer than you expected

Posted 21 February 2011 - 06:59 AM

I see Port Fairy on a few poeple’s lists, played there awhile back but don’t remember (possibly due to the amount of alcohol consumed the night before) it being anything special.

I will have to give it another crack some time.

The course or alcohol?

#42 dora

dora

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 07:02 AM

Top 10 course I’ve Played
1.Creswick
2.Joondalup
3.Barwon Heads
4.Settlers Run
5.Tocumwal
6.Cobram Barooga
7.Cape Schank
8.Moonah
9.The Vines (W.A)
10.Hidden Valley
Top 5 I want to Play
1.Coolum
2.Heritage – both courses
3.Hamilton Island
4.Barnbougle – both courses
5.Portsea

Handicap status at the end of each month / rounds that month
Nov 10 – 23.0 – 4 rounds
Dec 10 – 19.6 – 4 rounds
Jan 11 – 16.9 – 7 rounds
Feb 11 – 17.2 – 2 rounds

Just for the record, is that top ten in order?

#43 Scarlett

Scarlett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 12:26 PM

I've played 49 of that Top 100 list so my completely subjective top ten are: 1. Barnbougle Dunes 2. Bonville 3. Joondalup 4. The Cut 5. Moonah Links (Legends) 6. 13th Beach (Beach) 7. Alice Springs 8. Kennedy Bay 9. SeaTemple 10. Capricorn (Championship) Courses that I considered but fell out of the top ten: Horizons, Ulverstone, Pacific Dunes, Moonah Links (Open), The Vintage, The Dunes, Claremont, Federal, Tasman and just so that South Australians don't feel left out, Links Lady Bay.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users