#17 pom

pom

Old Grouch.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11908 posts
  • Locationtownsville

Posted 10 April 2011 - 07:30 PM

Slowly. Already picked up a couple of interesting facts.

#18 AllegingBow

AllegingBow

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 6261 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 09:07 PM

Here's a clip from the video they made. I haven't found a copy but gives you an insight into how old he was when he wrote them.

#19 shaun239

shaun239

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 05:36 AM

im a member of the ADFGA thru defence it costs me like $110 as im always away and what not for work its a good option 4 me i just need someone with a handicap to sign i think its 3 cards i send them to the ADFGA and they give me a Golflink number and what not so then i can play in open events around the place

#20 AllegingBow

AllegingBow

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 6261 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 05:50 AM

Post when you can play Shaun and I'm sure someone will help. Is that with Lavarack Golf Club? Not a bad little track. Hard for us civilians to get on though. We need to give 24hr notice to get clearance to base.

#21 shaun239

shaun239

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 07:13 AM

Nah i dont work on Lavrack i work with the RAAF havent played lavrack yet but will sometime i will post when i can play and go from there cheers

#22 pom

pom

Old Grouch.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11908 posts
  • Locationtownsville

Posted 11 April 2011 - 07:48 AM

Shaun Are you available for a round next weekend?May be a spot available with me on Saturday. If not Sundays are easy to get slots at the moment.

#23 shaun239

shaun239

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 07:57 AM

What time on sat Pom cos i know i have my sons first soccer game on sat at 9 sunday shouldnt be a problem

#24 pom

pom

Old Grouch.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11908 posts
  • Locationtownsville

Posted 12 April 2011 - 03:03 AM

11-32. That makes it a bit tight. Black tees too. How about Lunchtime Sunday. or pick the time you prefer. Anyone else interested?

#25 shaun239

shaun239

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 08:53 PM

Lunch time sunday sounds like the Go Pom should be good

#26 Whitednj

Whitednj

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1336 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 10:56 PM

Painting, sorry.

#27 burkey08

burkey08

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 11:27 PM

Hey Shaun and welcome to Townsville. I am also a Willows member and play alot of midweek rounds(not comp) as I am a Baker and usually knock off around lunch. Your in luck in the fact that alot of courses are within 1-4hrs max of city. Locally there is Willows, Townsville, Rowes Bay, Army and Magnetic Island. Within a hour drive you have Mystic Sands, Ayr, HomeHill and Ingham. Within 4hrs North and South are quality courses like Laguna and Paradise Palms. Then region is littered with little treasures like Cardwell, Bowen and El arish just to name a few. Except for the current weather we are also blessed to have the best yearly weather for golf. Rowes Bay backs onto the town common so if you want to play with Kangaroos, goannas etc its pretty much a given if you go early enough. I too would be happy to play a round with you….if not tending to the brood of kiddies.

Humm Humm..... there is also a little course an hour from Townsville inland which currently is in the best shape it has ever been in, we have had plenty of Townsville players coming up over the last few weeks because of all the rain in Townsville. Well worth the drive and way less traffic that the coast. AB how could you forget the Towers old mate.........Just kidding :) welcome Shaun hope you enjoy the region and all it has to offer.

#28 pom

pom

Old Grouch.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11908 posts
  • Locationtownsville

Posted 13 April 2011 - 02:59 AM

One day I will drive up there & play a round. One Day. Will book a time & let you know on here Shaun. No trouble getting a couple of others & I think the club gives special prices to Defence force Members.

#29 AllegingBow

AllegingBow

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 6261 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 05:43 AM

Never played the towers burkey. Will have to make a trip of it and maybe load up some of the other lads.Maybe we should have a day at the towers tour. Do you guys have a website.

#30 AllegingBow

AllegingBow

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 6261 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 05:50 AM

Burkey I would also recomend doing a review of your course. http://www.iseekgolf...owers-golf-club The only one on here gives a poor review(one star) Would love to see some more pics. The best course, in my opinion, is one you haven't played yet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users